It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2013 Trump: President responsible for shutdown

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   
The dems didn’t think about afterward when Trump can follow Obama’s example and just not negotiate with them until they end the shut down.

As the bad publicity comes out about no checks for service people, closed parks, no CDC research, CHIP kids suffering and other closings what are the dems going to do then when that pressure keeps building up and the country realizes they shut the country down of 330 million people for 600,000 dreamers.

And everyday Trump and the GOP remind people the dems shut down the government for aliens!

What are you going to do them Schumer, call Netanyahu

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
I hope Trumps is blamed but I fear he will share it with the dems.

The dem line is too thin unfortunately, to shut down the government just to protect one group is not being wise politically.

I have to be honest and not lie to myself like the Trump followers when my side does wrong

Though I respect your opinion the dems I fear made a big mistake here

I have to be honest

Sorry , all I got for you. It is sufficient though.
Outside looking in...

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Let’s be ABSOLUTELY clear about what happened last night.

Passing the CR requires 60 votes in the Senate to beat filibuster.

The GOP has 51.

Therefore the Democrats caused the shutdown and have endangered the funding of our military.

All this to legalize ILLEGAL immigrants.

Sebastian Gorka DrG - twitter

Amazing how wrong Gorka is... Some DEMS voted to end debate and some GOP voted not to end it. McConnell put forward a a bill that some of his own people didnt want to vote on.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 11:54 PM
link   
He is right. It does go to the top. He is ultimately responsible.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
Once a majority of Americans vote to give their tax dollars to illegal immigrants, things might change, but for the meantime, there's an experiment I'd love to see.

Silly man, don't you know US tax paying legal citizens only care if their tax dollars go to the unemployed and needy. "They turk mah taxessss"...

But illegal immigrants who thumb their noses at everything are welcome en masse. Oh but they'll work though, because in the land of milk and honey, jobs are a plenty and no one struggles to make ends meet.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 03:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
On another note I have been reading that China is set to make some big moves on the global scene during Trump's tenure.

Thanks to whom?

Oh but don't answer that, don't want to be accused of "But but but what about...."-ism...

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Trump has it right now. a reply to: Southern Guardian

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Obama made the last shutdown hurt. Remember all the craziness involving our national monuments and veterans being arrested for trespassing? I'm just curious as to how they'll be treated this time around with Trump at the helm.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Trump was wrong then and anyone blaming him is wrong now. Also anyone claiming "Republicans control the Senate" doesn't know how the Senate works. It's currently split 51/47/2 (R/D/I). It takes 60 votes to do a bill like this. Every pundit on tv saying the Republicans control the Senate knows this, so they're deliberately lying to you. Don't get lied to.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Trump was wrong then and anyone blaming him is wrong now.

Of course. But back then you'd have his back right? Nodding away.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: Southern Guardian

I agree with Trump for once.

Are you sure? because most Trump haters will disagree with what he says no matter it is. They won't even think objectively, they will just say black every time trump says white.

Joking aside, politics are nothing but a game.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I'm starting to think you all don't really even understand what it means to have the government shut down.

Did you pay this much attention to it last time it was shut down?
Hell do you even remember the year?

But under the Trump presidency it's a huge issue.
Typical.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Trump will not agree with anything. Its up to the house and senate to come to some kind of deal.

Being the big businessman he his ,his negotiating skills suck.

I honestly think he is looking for a way out , that he can blame on someone else. That being said, our favorite conservative Muller is on the hunt. The end is near.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I wonder why would the US senate have a vote at 1 am in the morning ?

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: face23785

Trump was wrong then and anyone blaming him is wrong now.

Of course. But back then you'd have his back right? Nodding away.

In 2013 I'm not sure I'd even heard of Donald Trump. I didn't follow politics or the news enough to have seen any stories on this, and I don't watch reality TV. What else are you wrong about?

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Here, here.
Reguardless of what you think about Trump, I hope that the one thing everyone learns from this Presidency is what a true S#hole our congress has become. Every one of them is way more concerned about their party and re-election than anyone is their district.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian It's like there's two versions of Donald Trump and there's this tug of war between em' ya know?

Not really.

He's a Narcissist Opportunist Bully.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Trump should own it and take pride in it.

He's not backing down to anti-American leftists who want open borders and innocent people killed.

It's this kind of ridiculous sensationalism and outright fake news which is exacerbating all this partisan nonsense. Not wanting the American people to have to fund the wall doesn't mean democrats want innocent people killed.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Lindsey Graham Slams Trump Aide, Says White House Staff Making Negotiations ‘Difficult’

"As long as Stephen Miller is in charge of negotiating immigration, we're going nowhere."

Speaking with reporters, Graham singled out White House senior policy adviser Stephen Miller as an “outlier,” and said despite President Donald Trump’s willingness to forge a deal, his aides have made such negotiations difficult.

“Every time we have a proposal it is only yanked back by staff
members,” Graham said. “As long as Stephen Miller is in charge of negotiating immigration, we’re going nowhere.”

“He’s been an outlier for years, there’s a deal to be had,” he added.
www.huffingtonpost.com...

See this lil Goebbels wannabe???. He need to make that exit like his boy Bannon , Trump have his #ty ways but added to this his dependence on even #tier ppl.
[
edit on 22-1-2018 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: fencesitter85

Exactly. As if smearing the people they need to negotiate with will increase the likelihood of a successful negotiation.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join