It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2013 Trump: President responsible for shutdown

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   
This hypocritical stance is mind boggling, it's not one side of government that's to blame it simply the government, so many of you are so conditioned to fight for your team you're missing the bigger picture.... It's Sad as you are only fueling your own misery while these politicians are sitting pretty and having a good laugh at the plebs infighting.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: abe froman

Yes... all 3.6 million of them post haste. Born and raised, no knowledge of their country of origin, contributing to entire communities. Just like that.

Great idea.

Here is a good idea - make California a sanctuary state for all 3.6 million of them - they can all go there, where they are very welcome by the locals and media and politicians and Hollywood. The Chinese can build mega-cities for them (like the one in South Africa that no-one lives in) and the locals can teach the illegals how to be American. Then, once they are American enough, they can be released into the greater US community - or be deported.

BUT, the important point is this: Let those who scream the loudest that illegal immigrants should stay - those folks should be made to accommodate, police, and assimilate the illegal immigrants in their own backyards - all doing so without taxpayer funds to assist them.

Once a majority of Americans vote to give their tax dollars to illegal immigrants, things might change, but for the meantime, there's an experiment I'd love to see.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

What a useless ignorant zero substance reply.

3.6 million ILLEGAL trespassers need to be shown the door.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

What a useless ignorant zero substance reply.

Perhaps, if you missed the earlier conversation in regards to freedom.

3.6 million ILLEGAL trespassers need to be shown the door.

As another member said, go for it.

I will not have to ask you how it went because I'm absolutely certain it will be an event in the history books.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   
The dealmaker and chief can't even sway 9 people to make a deal.

Winning?

The last time one party controlled this much of the government and had a shutdown was during the Carter administration.

Winning?

Any more of this MAGA and the country will collapse.

On another note I have been reading that China is set to make some big moves on the global scene during Trump's tenure.
edit on 20-1-2018 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

so as you qouted trump said the blame and pressure of a shutdown would be placed on the pres by the public. and boy aint that what we are seeing.

what he didnt say is that its the pres's fault. very different...

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

originally posted by: DanteGaland
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Democrats put the border wall AND increased military spending on the table...

Trump said NO.

Are you telling me that the shutdown could only have been avoided by Trump conceding on the Wall and spending increases? Is that what you are saying?

Because if it is, then you'll need to explain to this dummy why the Democrats should not have simply accepted the POTUS's decision that those will not be negotiated and taken the 'border wall and increased military spending' off the table and gone and allowed the government to remain running?

I think that you've just proven the OP correct that Trump was wrong and that the POTUS cannot control a shutdown - it's borderline blackmail - 'concede the wall, concede the spending increase or we shut it down - we will not accept anything else'

"Here is a door - it swings both ways"

What about 2013 then...40 hardline Republicans refused anything that wouldn't defund Obamacare, despite the house speaker even saying it was a bad idea. Plus he's not here now. Pfft....are you sure you have Americas best interests at heart, or some other country's? gobbledegook!

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

It's just a matter of logistics, isn't it?

The assets seized through civil forfeiture would grease the wheels quite a bit.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Here is a good idea - make California a sanctuary state

No, that's not an idea I support at all but thanks for obnoxiously putting that forward.

Grant them amnesty, residency. They've been here all their lives and have contributed to this nation. America will be fine. The members here are fine. 3.6 million.

On the other side, you can actually come out and sat whether or not support Abe's suggestion to just deport 3.6 million post haste. This isn't a game, these are people lives and the lives of their families. Communities around the country are supported by these 3.6 million. So what do you say? You want the GOP to try and deport them post haste?

You're free to avoid answeing this question Sublime. I'll respect your discomfort in having to answer to this matter.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Meh, didn't take long for CNN sycophants to "try" and go on the offensive.

Doesn't work, Trump gets a pass 😁

Next thread.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Do you disagree with Donald Trump?

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I have no problem with granting amnesty, but doing so without securing the border is so ####ing stupid that it makes the Kardashians look smart.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I have no problem with granting amnesty,

Excellent DB, glad we can agree on something.

Don't have an issue with strengthening the borders - not that this hasn't been done over the years already. Now we'll disagree with how to go about this. I think building a 'wall' across the entire southern border is unrealistic financially and in a practical sense. I also don't believe it'd make much of a big dent in the rate of illegal crossings.

More focus should be put on targeting businesses that hire illegals. I actually don't have an issue with the crackdowns at the moment in Cali so long as other States like Arizona, Texas etc go through it as well.

More border patrol agents, more border drones I don't have issues.

There are other ways.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Then why the #### are you siding with those that want open borders?

Jesus!

That crowd thinks lead paint chips are a starter course for their evening meal!

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Willtell
I hope I’m wrong but when you have a dog down you kick em not let em up

The GOP where on the ropes and now this may revive them

My advice to the dems….Move fast and get out of this deal.

Just say Trump is too crazy and we have to wait to get him out of office and make a deal for the dreamers later...

Why do you want to punish the Dreamers?

Heartless.

Punish the dreamers, how did you conclude that from what I said. Don’t you even know the issues?

Haven’t you read enough of my posts to know I don’t want to punish any dreamers, that your hallucination.

You’re the one supporting Trump who put them under the bus in the first place.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Not at all. He is right. However, the issue stems farther then you think.

In this case, issues with the funding bill and what goes in, Trump maintains a hard stance, Dems don't take it and walk. The way I see it, its their fault for not compromising. Well, Trump should compromise, he did and played hardliner too.

Anyway you cut it, this is VERY BAD for Democrats.

Now, what you posted, yes, in a sense he is right, in regards to other issues normally considered trivial, by all means Trump will take hold the reigns. In this case, Trump won't intervene, why? Because the Dems just committed political suicide and once the country has seen their fill, he'll take control.

Considering the circumstances, what genius maneuvering. Think about it...Dems can't deal, shutdown goverment, America watches, like WOW.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Then why the #### are you siding with those that want open borders?

DB this is where you destroy progress and compromise - when you deviate right back to partisanship and start coming up with strawman to boost your position.

Where did the Democrats say they wanted open borders? Where I say I wanted open borders? Which members on this board advocated for open borders?

You do understand the crux of this shut down is based on the fact the GOP refuse to budge on DACA and potential amnesty for these 3.6 million dreamers? The ones that have lived among American communities for years? The ones that, if amnesty is granted, nothing will change other than their status in the country.

You want to focus on the borders? Fine, tell your buds to back off the Dreamers and threats of deporting 3.6 million, what I consider, Americans, from the land they grew up and contribute to. From their families.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
Although questions are abound as to whether he could blame the other Party considering the GOP holds all the levers of government at the moment.

Sooo...what you're saying then is this is Hillary's fault.

I knew it!!!

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   
The dems complain about the small temporary resolutions, so what they should do as many as they have to...

Sure, Trump and the republicans are scumbags, liars, hypocrites but you have to deal the hand you have been elected with.

Don’t be like them and shut down the government led by your FAKE radicals who all aren’t radical when it comes to Palestine.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Yeah but you don’t shut down the government and risk gaining back the congress so you can set things right

Skillful means should be applied not radical hypocrisy

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join