It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2013 Trump: President responsible for shutdown

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Nice Try , but the Reality here is...........

(AP)
" WH: Dems 'Conducting a 2-Year-Old Temper Tantrum' With Shutdown "

www.newsmax.com...

WH:

"We will not negotiate the status of 690,000 unlawful immigrants while hundreds of millions of tax-paying Americans, including hundreds of thousands of our troops in uniform and border agents protecting our country, are held hostage by Senate Democrats," Short told reporters.

"We remain to continue to be anxious to reach a deal on DACA — and we look forward to resuming the negotiations as soon as the Senate Democrats reopen the government."

The Dems trying to SHAME the President with this DACA B.S. ? ...GTFOOH........

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I'm not the one against secure borders

True. You're the guy making the ridiculous argument that people that don't think like you want innocent people killed.

I've even advocated for amnesty AFTER the borders are secured, but go ahead with your anti-freedom hate-fest.

Complaining about anti-freedom haters, yet you're the one that wants to completely close of the border.

Oh, the irony!

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Let’s be ABSOLUTELY clear about what happened last night.

Passing the CR requires 60 votes in the Senate to beat filibuster.

The GOP has 51.

Therefore the Democrats caused the shutdown and have endangered the funding of our military.

All this to legalize ILLEGAL immigrants.

Sebastian Gorka DrG - twitter

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
I hope I’m wrong but when you have a dog down you kick em not let em up

The GOP where on the ropes and now this may revive them

My advice to the dems….Move fast and get out of this deal.

Just say Trump is too crazy and we have to wait to get him out of office and make a deal for the dreamers later...

Why do you want to punish the Dreamers?

Heartless.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I want secure borders, Marxist.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I have become so disinterested in this whole circus. I can't even bear to think about it long enough to form an opinion.
Who's fault? Bah. The white house's, the republican's, the democrats. All. McConnell, Shumer, Trump. Can't single any group out. It's all of them.

I'll look back in on it after it's over, mainly to see who was man enough to step up and offer a genuine compromise. I really don't care at this point, as long as the Democrats don't throw DACA under the bus. (That won't do.) Otherwise, the whole damned thing's just a dog and pony show.

/rant

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: introvert

I want secure borders, Marxist.

I know. You want to champion freedom, all while advocating for a "papers please" society,...hypocrite.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   

GOP could have voted to END the filibuster and ram through WHATEVER they wanted.

They didn't.

GOP couldn't even get ALL their members to vote for it.

Democrats put the border wall AND increased military spending on the table...

Trump said NO.

So, yeah. Suck it GOP.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

Liar.

Have a source for the dems funding the entire wall project and increased border security as well increasing military spending?

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   
The Republicans in power should quickly move to deport every single one of the "dreamers" post haste.

Every single one.

Problem solved, end of debate.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
Say it ain't so Mr President!
Trump said, "If you say who gets fired, it always has to be the top. Problems start from the top and they have to get solved from the top and the president is the leader and he's got to get everybody in a room and he's got to lead."

Gosh I really don't know anymore. It's like there's two versions of Donald Trump and there's this tug of war between them

He said that repeatedly at the time with Obama being the focus, anything at all to denigrate the man...he's been trying to do that before and ever since, and will continue to do so.
Trump has no class at all, just like a mealy-mouthed bomb site car salesman...actually that's an insult to bomb site car men.
He's already blamed the dems in advance, then he'll turn on the cabinet...like Kelly for instance, who called Trump out on the wall, that'll be a personal insult to Trump who always blethered how nobody else could build a wall like him..."believe me"
Trump couldn't build a shiitehouse, it would break his nails...look at the wall he built in Scotland, it was made out of dirt, and it ain't beautiful!

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland

Democrats put the border wall AND increased military spending on the table...

Trump said NO.

Are you telling me that the shutdown could only have been avoided by Trump conceding on the Wall and spending increases? Is that what you are saying?

Because if it is, then you'll need to explain to this dummy why the Democrats should not have simply accepted the POTUS's decision that those will not be negotiated and taken the 'border wall and increased military spending' off the table and gone and allowed the government to remain running?

I think that you've just proven the OP correct that Trump was wrong and that the POTUS cannot control a shutdown - it's borderline blackmail - 'concede the wall, concede the spending increase or we shut it down - we will not accept anything else'

"Here is a door - it swings both ways"

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
The Republicans in power should quickly move to deport every single one of the "dreamers" post haste.

Every single one.

Problem solved, end of debate.

There'll be nobody left!

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Yes... all 3.6 million of them post haste. Born and raised, no knowledge of their country of origin, contributing to entire communities. Just like that.

Great idea.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

And don't forget that Senate Democrats tried to introduce a bill yesterday that continues to fund military salaries & benefits during the shutdown. Republicans won't put that bill to a vote, either (in fact, I doubt people here have even heard about it).

S.2328 - A bill making continuing appropriations for military pay and death benefits in the event of a Government shutdown.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Yes... all 3.6 million of them post haste. Born and raised, no knowledge of their country of origin, contributing to entire communities. Just like that.

Great idea.

Yes, we should do this in the interest of freedom...and stuff.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   

a reply to: schuyler

I don't really care.

No.... no you don't.... and many others won't either. I know this. Facts be damned.

You misunderstand. Blaming Trump for this is absurd. BOTH SIDES are playing a stupid political game at our expense. It makes NO SENSE to go blame Trump any more than it makes sense to blame the Dems. They are both just posturing. The Dems are trying to steam roll their policies through and Trump is resisting. THOSE are the facts. If you have Trump Derangement Syndrome there's nothing I can do about it and I don;t really care about that either--or what you think.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

yep.

Also, use civil forfeiture laws to strip them of every asset and every penny they garnered while here illegally.

Sorry your parents screwed you over by thinking they could break the law and get away with it.

However your parents are responsible, not the government they thumbed their nose at.

Then, move against all mayors and governors who supported sanctuary cities and opposed federal immigration authorities.

Charge them with sedition and lock them up.

I couldn't care less about your moral victories and virtue signaling.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   

So their parents screwed them over and you admit the parents are responsible, so we should move to hold the people that were "screwed" accountable for what you blame on their parents?

That makes no sense.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   

I couldn't care less

I'm well aware you couldn't care less. I addressed this to schuyler in the first post already. I know, no need to remind me.

And I want the GOP to try what you're saying on this board. Go ahead, all 3.6 million. I want them to try and go ahead with this tactic. Message them and tell em' to go ahead and try this. It'll be great believe me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join