It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2013 Trump: President responsible for shutdown

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Say it ain't so Mr President!

President Donald Trump told Fox News in 2013 that the blame for a government shutdown ultimately goes to the president.

edition.cnn.com...

What was said below:

"Who is going to take the blame? In the board room here, who's getting fired? Who is going to bear the brunt of the responsibility if indeed there's a shutdown of our government?"

Trump said, "If you say who gets fired, it always has to be the top. Problems start from the top and they have to get solved from the top and the president is the leader and he's got to get everybody in a room and he's got to lead."

He continued, "The interesting thing is, in 25 years, 50 years, 100 years from now, when they talk about the government shutdown, they're going to be talking about the president of the United States. Who was the president at that time? They're not going to be talking who the head of the House was, the head of the Senate. who's running things in Washington. So I really think the pressure is on the president."

crooksandliars.com...

Gosh I really don't know anymore. It's like there's two versions of Donald Trump and there's this tug of war between em' ya know? Trump is blaming Democratics for this shutdown contradicting his earlier position. Although questions are abound as to whether he could blame the other Party considering the GOP holds all the levers of government at the moment.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

I agree with Trump for once.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I don't really care. Politically it's patently obvious politicians will point to each other. These idiots are just playing a game.

+16 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Trump should own it and take pride in it.

He's not backing down to anti-American leftists who want open borders and innocent people killed.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I hope Trumps is blamed but I fear he will share it with the dems.

The dem line is too thin unfortunately, to shut down the government just to protect one group is not being wise politically.

I have to be honest and not lie to myself like the Trump followers when my side does wrong

Though I respect your opinion the dems I fear made a big mistake here

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

I don't really care.

No.... no you don't.... and many others won't either. I know this.

Stand your ground right?

Facts be damned.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   
If there was ever a need to conduct a comprehensive study on Cognitive dissonance this would be the perfect time. It's absolutely jaw breaking what we're seeing before our eyes.

Never in my years of following politics. Never seen this kind of blind support before. Not at this level.

My God.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   

thats awesome

his minions will give him a pass for this though

he is like 6,000 covfefe's ahead of all of us

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   
that was then, this is now. Nothing in common. I suppose, I was made to think.....I guess. Pure gold

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Considering all essential services are still running, and considering that shutdowns happen on a regular basis, and considering the banter between Dems and Reps as to who and what and why is to blame - both this time and the other times, it's clear that Trump was wrong - it is beyond the Presidents control to stop a shutdown due to the processes in place for such an event to occur.

It's a dog & pony show, they may as well have called it 'political stalemate' - it's more apt.

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Trump should own it and take pride in it.

He's not backing down to anti-American leftists who want open borders and innocent people killed.

Innocent people killed?

Ah, yes. Nothing makes a decent, intelligent argument like going full drama queen right out of the gate.

This is why we cant have nice discussions around here.

Too many people say dumb # like this.

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

SO you're for open borders and the subsequent deaths of innocent people.

Own it.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
If there was ever a need to conduct a comprehensive study on Cognitive dissonance this would be the perfect time. It's absolutely jaw breaking what we're seeing before our eyes.

Never in my years of following politics. Never seen this kind of blind support before. Not at this level.

My God.

Trump was the ultimate protest vote.

Nobody voted for Trump because they like Trump.

It was the only way to send a giant middle finger to DC.

I think he's doing fantastic job... Of driving DC crazy.

link   
Anyway you spin this is not good for the dems, look at this new poll

You got to be realistic SG

www.cnn.com...

CNN poll: DACA not worth a shutdown, except to Democrats

Overall, about half of Americans say they would blame either Trump (21%) or his Republican counterparts in Congress (26%) should Congress fail to fund the government by the midnight Friday deadline. About a third, 31%, say they would hold the Democrats in Congress responsible, and another 10% say they'd blame all three groups.

The dems should cut and run before this spreads

link   

Both (D) and (R) are acting like children. It's not one-sided, and STOP THE PRESSES...Trump said something stupid!

What's sad is while the adults are acting like kids, the actual kids (you) are acting like babies.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Own it.

Of course. If someone favors one idea, they must favor the other, correct? Is that the Gomer logic they taught in school, or are you just being hyperbolic for the sake of group-think approval?

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   
This is clearly absolutely dumb by the democrats.

You can't spin this no other way but as a massive political blunder when you had Trump and the GOP on the run

This is Trumps greatest strength…they might revive him with this stupid move

Blaming the democrats for catering to foreigners will ignite Trumps base and give him some new energy he didn’t have…

Also it takes the Russian story off the front pages

So you see this is a POLITICAL BLUNDER
edit on 20-1-2018 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Just going to put this HERE...

Should provide HOURS of entertainment...

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Own it.

Of course. If someone favors one idea, they must favor the other, correct? Is that the Gomer logic they taught in school, or are you just being hyperbolic for the sake of group-think approval?

I'm not the one against secure borders, hell, I've even advocated for amnesty AFTER the borders are secured, but go ahead with your anti-freedom hate-fest.

It looks good on you.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I hope I’m wrong but when you have a dog down you kick em not let em up

The GOP where on the ropes and now this may revive them

My advice to the dems….Move fast and get out of this deal.

Just say Trump is too crazy and we have to wait to get him out of office and make a deal for the dreamers later...

edit on 20-1-2018 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join