It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

films generally considered great that people still hate

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Street Fighter the Movie

Bison (Raul Julia) - “For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. For me, it was Tuesday.”

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Dumb and Dumber - Absolutely the stupidest movie ever filmed...hands down!

That was a bad one, but for me, "The Stupids" with Tom Arnold, is even worse. I can't even remember what sick impulse had me see this movie (in the mall, and bored, I think?). My friends and I watched it, and every 5 minutes, we're like, "This just can't get any worse...." and it did, and did, and did...until it became some kind of sick, twisted test of endurance (as others got up and walked out of the theater...kid you not).....

I've loved a lot of those mentioned though...Waterworld, Logan's Run, 2001 (though it is boring, so have to be in the mood on this one), Napoleon Dynamite, Watchmen, Blair Witch Project (we saw it opening day, after a bogus documentary on the SciFi Channel that day, so made it more real).

I'll add:

Big Trouble in Little China
Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins

Jake Speed (happy hunting on that one, lol, a cousin of mine plays "Mr. Winston" in it...he's one of those actors you've seen in many things, but most won't know his name....)
Once Bitten
Better Off Dead

Love all of these, but also know many who hate them....

edit on 23-1-2018 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok
Big Trouble in Little China

WHAT?! How can you hate on the Big T in Little C? Jack Burton is the man!

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

WHAT?! How can you hate on the Big T in Little C? Jack Burton is the man!

I don't hate it...but I know many that do.

The ones I mentioned, I personally love, but many of my family members do not....

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
A lot of people seem to love and be obsessed with Donnie Darko, a movie I find absolutely terrible in all respects.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Right there with you. does nothing for me.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Absolutely love this film but I'm a salesman and can relate, both my ex wife and ex girlfriend hated it too. So many good scenes. Sit Down coffee's for closers .... Sidney Levine,Richard Roma hell all of them are basic personalities even the one client, most any sales office I've been in have one or more of those types.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

fricking classic...

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Really like and agree on a lot already mentioned..

Remo Williams was great was hoping they would continue it but it flopped at the box office.

Like someone mentioned earlier those films seen when you were a kid can have a lasting impact.

I really liked Capricorn One and another James Brolin film the original Amityville Horror admittedly both are very dated.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join