It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Administration continues some public business in spite of shutdown

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships
Yes, I know that the CR is not a Republican agenda, and what it is. However it should not be denied that the Republican’s used it as a weapon against the Democrats. The bills, the very specific issues, they knew were going to expire, and instead of bringing the bills to where they could be refunded, or even put in the mechanism to keep it funded, they did not and let it pass. The question is why. Do we not think that the health of children is important, should not the vets and military families get the best help as possible? Yet when it came to these bills, none of the Republicans, and especially the leadership, who is in charge of both the House and the Senate saw fit to allow such bills to come to the floor for a vote.

And Trump is in the middle of it all. The first is that one of the claims that Trump used while running is that he was a great negotiator. Now here is where it gets a bit sticky, when many of these bills came forth, the leadership was asked about various bills, and those asking were told to ask Trump. Trump was asked and he put forth that it was on the leadership in congress. And from what was initially seen, Trump was agreeable to a clean bill, something that was bipartisan in nature, something both parties could get behind, however the leadership is not wanting or willing to bring it to a vote.

Now the Republican leadership is playing dirty politics with the various groups, after all why wait, if you know a funding for say children is coming up? Unless one intends to use it as a wedge, in an attempt to make the other guy look bad.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Like watching a ghost.
He talked a good talk there before he was was elected.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig

Yes, I know that the CR is not a Republican agenda, and what it is. However it should not be
And Trump is in the middle of it all.

Well, like Obama said; don't like my policies? Go,out and win
Yourself an election.

And, so we did.

Now the Republican leadership is playing dirty politics with the various groups, after all why wait, if you know a funding for say children is coming up? Unless one intends to use it as a wedge, in an attempt to make the other guy look bad.

I don't know if it is possible that the Dem's could look any worse.
But ya can't blame that all on the R's.

edit on 20-1-2018 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-1-2018 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Obama . A perfect example of malfeasance bordering on treason.Yet , just a Hillary puppet to set up for what would have happened if the election would have went the other way. As they thought it would.
Surprise , the people of the US spoke out.
Now , they got "no chance"
Lock em up...
Crimes against the Constitution.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

Actually I blame both parties in congress. For far too long the partisan divide has been growing more and more, to where areas that should not be used in politics are. It used to be that a government shut down was rare and when it happened, it was shocking and usually used to highlight an important point. But now it is coming far too often and it should not. And to make matters worse, this group is doing a tit for tat kind of stuff time and time again. One side will do a stunt, and it catches all off guard, then low and behold the other side does it and the first group cries foul. And what is worse they keep upping the ante. And it is getting worse time over time, with the excuse well they did it the last time.

So no I am not just blaming the Republicans, but laying blame on all of those in congress, for creating this mess. And what is far worse, is that they don't see the damage that they are creating, or even considering that their actions, sets up the precedent for the other party to do the exact same thing. And even when they know they are breaking a rule or a law, it is as if they just do not care. They are not looking at the consequences of their actions or what all would happen in the future.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 04:07 AM
link   
A shut down federal government is my idea of utopia. Heck, if they keep the national parks open what else do we need from DC other than to stay shut down?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join