It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women's March 2018 - Anti-Trump Protest Rally LIVE

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
a reply to: InTheLight

Subjective individual experience of the world is none of my business.

If you claim a certain group is being systematically oppressed and discriminated against, you better show some damn empirical evidence, besides your subjective view of how a certain experience might have gone, because it holds ZERO value.

I will bet you that over 95% of the people who are marching for Women's rights have no idea why they're marching for. I guess it's mainstream now to pretend you're a social justice warrior, fighting for a noble cause. Give me a break.

Show support for ACTUAL VICTIMS of ACTUAL OPPRESSION in the Islamic countries, and I will applaud you for your effort to change lives for better. Till then, you will only have my laughter

Instead of guessing, why not try listening to these marchers, including men, and try to silence that programming in your head.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   

It's funny that you describe my thinking as programmed, when these people who are marching for rights, have been culturally and ideologically possessed to the point where there's nothing individual left inside them.

Tell me, what are they marching for? It's called Women's march, and I've listened to a huge number of people who said they are actually not marching for anything but against Trump. Or Russians. And that's all they can spew. They do not have the ability to go deeper and articulate what exactly is that they are doing.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   

It's funny that you describe my thinking as programmed, when these people who are marching for rights, have been culturally and ideologically possessed to the point where there's nothing individual left inside them.

Tell me, what are they marching for? It's called Women's march, and I've listened to a huge number of people who said they are actually not marching for anything but against Trump. Or Russians. And that's all they can spew. They do not have the ability to go deeper and articulate what exactly is that they are doing.

That's exactly why they are out there marching, because they have found their individualism, their voice, their strength to fight for what they believe in.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: aethertek
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Or maybe instead of trolling me with ignorant BS questions "people" could just listen to what the women have to say for themselves in the god damn video feeds & find out "what they want".

K~

A case in point....direct question answered with "you should know"

Absurd.

Not my fault some are too stupid & lazy to make their own sandwich or too arrogant & ignorant to listen to the women's concerns.

K~

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

If you claim a certain group is being systematically oppressed and discriminated against, you better show some damn empirical evidence, besides your subjective view of how a certain experience might have gone, because it holds ZERO value.

I will bet you that over 95% of the people who are marching for Women's rights have no idea why they're marching for. I guess it's mainstream now to pretend you're a social justice warrior, fighting for a noble cause. Give me a break.

Show support for ACTUAL VICTIMS of ACTUAL OPPRESSION in the Islamic countries, and I will applaud you for your effort to change lives for better. Till then, you will only have my laughter

Instead of guessing, why not try listening to these marchers, including men, and try to silence that programming in your head.

That would require them to "think", we all know that's not going to happen.

K~

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
There were THREE rallies in downtown Dallas yesterday - quite mind-boggling. Protest marches in Texas are pretty rare, and it's a sign that someone's really really riled up if they're marching.

We had the Knights of Columbus sponsored pro-life rally I think the crowd size was around 6,000 (the lower end of the quoted numbers in this article. They had a nice turnout but the crowd density was not as great as the crowds marching at the Women's Rally)

The Impeach Trump March apparently had only 100 or so people at it.

The biggest march (over 10,000) was the 2018 Dallas Women's March

The parade route was about a mile long and the marchers stretched the entire length. We saw a number of candidates and politicians in the crowd, and at the rally area there were tables set up to register voters (or allow you to fill out a change of address if you've moved (this is something I'm involved with, by the way)). This offered a good opportunity for people to talk to politicians about issues and to hear what they had to say and to gauge if they really did understand the issues.

We also, interestingly enough, had ACLU observers. I asked them what they did, and they said that the ACLU will send observers to any event that requests the observers. They're there to document any sort of crowd interactions (and they were armed with cameras and took lots of photos.)

We did have some cat-callers but they were ignored. The march was tidy (I've come to expect this from women's protest marches) and there was very little litter left (I looked, actually.) Many of the rally speeches encouraged people to do more than just "show up" but rather to take time to volunteer (a number of volunteer organizations also had tables and participated in the march.)

I took lots of photos and carried the names of 30 friends who wanted to go but were prevented by health and disability and access issues.

The big takeaway from this march is that there's more involvement in and interest in politics now and that more women and people of color are running for political office nowadays. And that's a good thing.
edit on 21-1-2018 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

That would require them to "think", we all know that's not going to happen.

K~

They already thought about it and now action is what you are seeing. The thinking and believing needs to start with people like you.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

a reply to: Perfectenemy

Or maybe instead of trolling me with ignorant BS questions "people" could just listen to what the women have to say for themselves in the god damn video feeds & find out "what they want".

K~

A case in point....direct question answered with "you should know"

Absurd.

Not my fault some are too stupid & lazy to make their own sandwich or too arrogant & ignorant to listen to the women's concerns.

K~

And now come the ad homs.

/your argument

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

I used to think people get smarter with each generation, more protests and signs to prove me wrong.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Pretty much........its like Babylon falling from within. A lot of smoke and fury, flash bangs and outrage signifying not much as the social fabric is rent asunder and thrown under the bus.

Stay away from the bus or we may be rolled over as well!

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I think it’s because these men are being called out on their bull# and do not currently hold the highest place in office. Just a guess...a reply to: neo96

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join