It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you could be the 'God of the Simulation' would you do it?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Rapha

Here's a Zarg joke I found....

An alien from the planet Zarg walks into a small country pub.
"I'll have a pint please," he says with a smile.
The barman says, "We don't serve aliens in here."
"If you serve me," replies the alien, "I'll buy everyone in here a pint."
"Sorry mate, can't do it. It's against the brewery's policy," replies the barman."
"What about if you invite the whole town for drinks, make it a free bar, and I foot the bill at the end of the night?"
The pound signs light up in the barmans eyes: "Ok, you're on."
By the end of the night, everyone, including the alien, is pissed.
The barman says,"That'll be seven grand please mate!"
The alien pulls his wallet out and says, "Have you got change for a Ningi?"

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Maverick7

killswitch

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   

I cannot entertain the idea because that would be like idolatry pretending to be God even in imagination. Also, the entire idea of reality being a matrix or program is most likely from the enemy, because it would divest a person of their personal responsibility to act morally.

This is why the elite transhumanists love this idea, it gives them free reign to act opposite to God's ordained natural order. Isaiah records this in the Book of Isaiah (14:14):

‘I will ascend above the heights of the clouds;
I will make myself like the Most High.’

God replies, speaking through Isaiah:

“Nevertheless you will be thrust down to Sheol,
To the recesses of the pit."
edit on 20-1-2018 by SkeptiSchism because: text

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   

The God or architect/programmer of this simulation would in effect be the creator/warden of this prison. I don't think I would want to be the warden, so I'll defer to more rational, rather than sadistic, entities.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

I would remove the existence of the paranormal and reincarnation and restructure the universe the way non paranormal believers see it.

Even if reincarnation and the paranormal don't exist, there are still coincidences that would occur that would make it appear that reincarnation and the paranormal existed.
edit on 20-1-2018 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   

As we know one of the problems of religious dogma is how do we see the concept of a god. Is "God" all-powerful, all-knowing, and all-present?

In Islam, God is definitely all-powerful, all-knowing, and all-present. We believe that our temporary lives in this "simulation" are meant to test our character. Those who "pass" go to the real dimension/Heaven, while those who "fail" go to the trash dimension/Hell.

At any rate the problem of being the 'god of the simulation' is how much do you interfere in the simulation?

God does interact with this simulation. But He also allows us enough freedom to forge our own paths. Or to be blunt, He often gives us enough rope to pull ourselves up or to hang ourselves. It's up to us to decide which one we'll do.

Another problem is would you rather be in the simulation where there is a vast array of options for interesting things, or would you rather be the creator and 'just observe'. Ultimately, given enough time, that could be boring.

1. If I were the almighty deity, I wouldn't allow any of you the freedom to screw up! I'd program the entire simulation to my liking and keep it that way. And any defective characters would get deleted, just like how I delete defective song lyrics when writing a track. Muahahahaa!

2. However, as a provider/protector I can understand the feeling of nurturing a young life and watching it choose to lovingly follow in my footsteps. So I'd imagine that a deity like that would enjoy watching its creations choose to embrace Him/Her of their own free will. It would probably be the ultimate "Awww!" feeling, if that makes any sense (like when a puppy or kitten wants you to pet them or happily follows you around).

3. You say it can get boring, but who says that this simulation is the only simulation out there? What makes you think God isn't preoccupied with something else? This Universe could be like a single grain of sand on a beach to God, or it could be like a single video game in an arcade room lol.

God could've created trillions of other lifeforms and "universes" by now and could currently be in the middle of creating yet another suped up version of Angels. I just don't believe an "all mighty Creator" would simply stop creating. For all we know, God could've semi-recently created newer and more advanced lifeforms in our own galaxy. After all, the second line in the very first Surah in the Qur'an calls God a name that translates into "The Lord of the Worlds" (HERE).

Finally, on what conditions would you interfere and would you have conditions to end the simulation?

Well, at first I'd definitely be an overbearing deity. So I'd probably interact with my creations quite frequently. Actually, wait a second. I'd just program my creations to follow my commands automatically & without deviance, so I'd only need to intervene on the rare occasion when there was a defect in the coding.

Also, I guess it would depend on my end goals for my creations. I do a lot of urban gardening now, which requires feeding, nurturing, pruning, pulling up, and annihilating various lifeforms all the time. Some plants require a lot of maintenance, while others are basically "set it and forget it". Sometimes I'll allow insects and larvae to take over specific plants, and other times I'll remove them the second I see the first one. So that's probably how I'd be with any worlds I created. The ones with rambunctious lifeforms would probably get more interventions or just get "pulled up", while the more placid ones would likely get more hands off attention/observation.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Wouldn't that be cheating? I don't know about you, but every time I have cheated on board games or electronic games, they become boring with the challenges removed. Wouldn't that apply here?

There has to be some reason why we took the plunge into this reality.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
SURE............ Piece of Cake.....

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername
No way, don't do that. Everywhere we would travel would be either uphill or downhill and all the Earth's unbound water would pool at the bottom of the globe...Yuk.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Why so much suffering? Why war?

“War brings out the worst and the best in people. Wars do not make men great, but they do bring out the greatness in good men. -Dick Winters, Easy Company, 101st Airborne.

Humans blossom like flowers, by overcoming adversity. Encountering no resistance makes them soft and flabby. Like Americans and Millennials.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I would switch to GOD mode and smash it all up.
OH! thats whats been done now!!!

Delete it and start againe.
God is EVIL...

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
Hahah! No you're the bot!
I'm the real player.
You're just programmed to say that...

Lol. How did you know that ? The source code is strictly confidential. Only the Architect knows the source.

i wonder how a person in the street would react if you walked up to them and called them a bot.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: tovenar

Amen. But maybe we could do without the war part of it. Still plenty of personal challenges without interfering with other people's free will by killing them.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

But that's the ultimate obstacle: the limits of your own free will.

2nd line.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: tovenar

What if the God's you speak about are real. I have a hunch that they would be very restricted in what the can and cannot do. It's to do with that thing called the Holy Ghost or Divinity for those unfamiliar with the concept of the Holy Ghost.Even creators have rules they must abide by
Now from my limited reading on religious belief since pre-Sumer - I seem to be reading a narrative about the story of Light.
But that makes sense,it would mean that we are Light, experiencing a beginning stage of existence than a much more interesting dialogue starts.
This It's not a simulation, just get your head around the fact that you are Light, then things like God's and Angles exist. Thay's when all this/us become very very REAL. A time when the dialogue between "Light, or Aliens" changes.
They say that the devil is a great fiddle player,but you know after watching this im not so sure

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   
You would have the creator of the simulation, god, and the authors of the simulation, the angels. None of us could be god, we could never comprehend how huge and diverse this similation actually is. We are not smart enough to create a similation like this. Science thinks they know so much, but in essence they only know a itsy bitzy bit of what there is to know about things.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

But what if we are? What if we left a major part of ourselves behind and only allowed a small portion of our souls to be projected into this reality. We would have to hadicap ourselves a bit to properly enjoy this reality. We very well could be the creators with enough knowledge that once this reality was set in motion, we were disciplined enough to let it run and see where it ends up.

If that is the case, I would really like to see the menu listing the other realities that could exist alongside this one. Maybe that is where some of our fantasy sci-fi comes from, ethereal memories of previous incarnations on other planes of existence.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
It would be like tropico, age of empires, black an white, plus world of Warcraft for me.

That right, bow before the might of my automobile with a rocket launcher as my mount named Satan, in anceint times coupled with my avatar that looks nothing like me , compensating everything that I don't like about my self an that would carry the sword of a thousand truths.

All your bases would belong to I. Then I just shut it off as soon as Id get bored an go outside.

edit on 20-1-2018 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-1-2018 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Be rather lonely up there on that pedestal for God.

But i suppose i would create other Gods just like me so as to spread the workload and offer companionship because to live outside/above the simulation would be rather a traumatic experience alone, especially where eternity is concerned.
edit on 20-1-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I'll tell you what I'd do.

I'd set up my beloved (from this reality) with an account.

Then we'd "possess" different beautiful people, and then have intimacy with each other using the bodies of screen idols, supermodels, and star athletes. Maybe trade bodies back and forth WHILE we're doing it.

Then I'd "possess" some freaking hero, the best soldier, the Audie Murphy of that universe. And I'd land at Normandy Beach, I'd defend the Alamo, I'd Slay the biggest squid or narwhal or whatever passed for that universe's sea monster. Then I'd conquer. Ghengis Khan. Caesar. Tamerlane.

I would send my foes to meet their ancestors, on a tide of blood.

It'd be epic.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join