It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFC 220

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

I will be betting on Francis Ngannou...simply because that one punch he has...if Stipe miscalculates his timing he will get knocked out.

Of course you can never doubt experience, unfortunately, UFC has been known for upset wins. Hats off to both fighters in the cage.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   
christ i didnt know that ferguson and khabib were set. like i said i dont follow the mma stuff much. much more into jiu jitsu. best its ever been.

again i am a 10th planet fan.. i love the system. their general outlook on things.
the # eddie has come up with is amazing.
tony is a 10th planet black belt which would most often lead me to think he has the fight pretty much locked up cause he can strike too.
but khabib man..

he is like nobody else.

i highly recommend this video from bjj scout.

this dudes stuff is top shelf. nobody knows who is he but he is legit.

khabib breakdown

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

No worries. They just announced it a day or 2 ago. It's literally the 4th time the fight's been scheduled, but Khabib's pulled out twice in those fights and Tony's pulled out once. It's gotten to the point where I won't get my hopes up for it until they're both in the cage on fight night.

originally posted by: JDmOKI
a reply to: enlightenedservant

I think Conor would crush Ferguson but would struggle against Khabib. The guy mauls you to death. If I was Conor I'd let them fight it out and pray Ferguson wins and if he loses fight Nate or GSP

Crush? I don't know, man. Tony's like a crazy 3rd Diaz brother. His stamina is almost a cheat mode and even if he gets rocked, he recovers instantly. And his submission skills are sick. I think that Conor's only chance is a first round KO, because if it goes longer than that, he's going to get finished. Tony would stalk him, pick him apart, and then finish him. Plus Tony's taller, has a longer reach, and is on a 10 fight win streak in the same division that Conor's only had a single fight in.

Then again, I picked Rigondeaux to beat Lomachenko, so I could be waay off lol.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   

He always keeps his hands down I just think that left hand will land clean several times and it will be over. Who knows but I'm excited about tonight

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I hadn't kept up too, too much, but imo seems like UFC 220 and 223 will be decent ones to watch.

Heres hoping Ferguson vs Khabib isn't "NUMBER ONE BULL#" again.

As for DC vs Volkan I'm going DC.

Ngannou vs Miocic, I'm still torn I think either one of them could catch the other slipping, I'm just hoping Stipe isn't knocked out 1st round like Alistair.

I'd like to watch Nate and Conor go round again but doubt that'll ever happen.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

That can definitely happen, especially in the first round or so. Tony's surprisingly hittable early on.

I'm actually getting a little nervous tonight for DC. On paper, he should crush Volkan. He stopped Rumble twice, has only lost to Jones, etc etc. But I always hate it when champs are too dismissive of challengers. They should take every single opponent seriously, as if they're the toughest fight they'll ever have. I feel like DC's just going through the motions until he can get a 3rd shot at Jones. I despise Jones with a passion & I want DC to go down as the best light heavyweight, but dismissing his non-Jones opponents is eventually going to catch up to him.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

For reals, I think a true champion would treat each fight like this, like it will be their most challenge opponent.

Always strive to be better than the rest.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: FinallyAwake

Oh please. Don't be so naive. It's a selling PPV point I assure you.
Everyone on the planet hasn't put their punch to that ridiculous test.
Have you asked Anthony 'Rumble' Johnson if he has tested?

edit on R2018pm20C2018000000Sat, 20 Jan 2018 18:00:56 -060056America/Chicago by RoadCourse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Francis just needs to 2x the jab,throw it to punish,then clip him with the nice tight left hand when he fades to his right to dodge the jabs or is knocked off balance by them hammering into him,either way if Francis stays himself and doesn't overthink ithis normal routine should take this opponent right out.....coming at Francis will not work well because he likes to stop opponents from charging him with a really heavy stiff jab right down the pipes more of a sticking straightarm jab to keep you from charging in than one designed to snap your head back and knock you out....and he has good handspeed and anticipation .....IMHO I see a defensive Francis standing off his opponents charges using his jab and bulling him down....and I see him when he gets serious using his jab offensively by doubeling it up then looking to clip him with a snappy left hand to put his lights out.

Either way Francis uses his power like Foreman did....even when he throws his jab he plans on getting the sheer force of those punches through your gloves to your head one way or another...everything is full power.....and he doesn't care if he smashes your own hand into your head with a big right hand that is to heavy for you to block....so 2xing up the jab under all circumstances is to his advantage.....his opponent lies to throw his big punch OVER the right hand ...so keep him in front of you and make those jabs stick....be conservative or simply don't use the right hand except to jab with....remove his big shot opportunity and he becomes1/2 the fighter immediately....stop his charging with your jab and he becomes vulnerable...a victim.

If Francis throws his jab to soon he could get in trouble....he has to let the lion come to him and time it right to straightarm him .... not throw the jab to soon and keep him to the outside....IMHO Francis benefits from simply being himself because he pits guys away in close which is where his opponent wants to be....the trick is in how the distance is closed....the fight is clearly ending inside with a heavy right or a quick left.......so if Francis can control how that distance is closed and put himself in a position to use his strengths he should finish it with a nice sharp left hand.

edit on 20-1-2018 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   

I'm afraid if DC loses tonight it might be the last time we see him fight. I like DC a lot and hope he wins and Volkan is a solid fighter with heavy hands but I don't see him matching well with DC. I'd much rather see DC vs Gus 2 that was an amazing first fight

I also despise Jon Jones such a waste of talent.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: RoadCourse

Yea, they're begging for Francis to be the Mike Tyson of the UFC. He honestly barely deserves a title shot. Everyone can beat glass jaw Overeem these days

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   

I'm afraid if DC loses tonight it might be the last time we see him fight. I like DC a lot and hope he wins and Volkan is a solid fighter with heavy hands but I don't see him matching well with DC. I'd much rather see DC vs Gus 2 that was an amazing first fight

I also despise Jon Jones such a waste of talent.

Is Jones really a waste of talent though? I'm convinced that he's been juicing for most of his career. If true, then most of his "talent" wasn't his to begin with (not to mention the intentional eye pokes).

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Jon Jones is a tall lean big light heavy weight and very talented but I do agree a guy with his character probably juiced the whole time. Jon Jones is why I pull for DC

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 11:11 PM
link   

LOL at me thinking that DC vs Volkan would go to a decision. Grats to DC for the victory.

Now come on Ngannou! ETA: The 2nd round just ended. Stipe's winning easily, but now's the round for Ngannou to make my prediction come true.

ETA2: Wow, grats to Stipe. Made it look easy. The first round was interesting but after that it was all Stipe. 50-44 on all cards (I think that's what they said). Sounds like he broke his jaw though. aAnyways, grats to Stipe.

edit on 20-1-2018 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-1-2018 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Holla atcha boy for calling it, like I was Vegas! Talk to me if you wanna understand combat sports.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 11:42 PM
link   
It’s called “pulling him into deep waters”, he drowned him, no doubt. Still a round to go....

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: BeefNoMeat

Love it! as a Cleveland native I was pulling for Stipe. 1st half was great 2nd half not so much. Elite! best HW ever

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 12:18 AM
link   

a reply to: RoadCourse

Yea, they're begging for Francis to be the Mike Tyson of the UFC. He honestly barely deserves a title shot. Everyone can beat glass jaw Overeem these days

Absolutely agree.
I loved how Stipe took the belt from Dana, gave it to his coach for him to put it on. Good stuff.
Stipe intentionally whooped him for 5 rounds. I lost count how many times he could rear naked choked his @ss out.
"In your face, Dana!", kinda sh!t right there.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: BeefNoMeat
Holla atcha boy for calling it, like I was Vegas! Talk to me if you wanna understand combat sports.

Don't pat yourself too much on the back.....the ref might step in to stop it.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 12:26 AM
link   

I dunno if stipe broke his jaw he's alway hard to understand. The guy speaks another language sometimes

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join