It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To the Millennials: What 'American' freedom is

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigohues
a reply to: nwtrucker

Man, power trip much?! And who the fuggs placed you in charge enough, to decipher what group is strong. Seriously, relax. And you have not an iota, granule of what I've been saying. And no disrespect, I don't acquire a translator. I totally said what I meant. You can troll strong and twist my words to fit your #ty agenda. Or take what I've CLEARLY spoken initially at first value. At this point I'm more curious for you to truly REVEAL the purpose of original post.

Ignoring your rhetoric/bull888t, The very things you accuse me of is right in your own post, by the way...

The original point is Freedom. What is freedom then? Simply put it's personal choice, and the circumstance to exercise that choice.

Lacking the 'elbow room' of eras long gone, freedom is and has been constrained by social means. A two edged sword though, as that very social system frees us from growing our own food, building our own shelter, making our own tools...the list goes on.

So we have gained base freedom via that social system, but have suffered from the social constraints inherent in any social system. The two seem inseparable. Hence the 'bitching' by those that enjoy one benefit but demand the social freedom, as well.

My point is, by observation, be it TPTB, the rich or merely the 'comfortable', have more freedoms in both areas, base freedom and social freedom.

Obviously, if one has 'money' then there is less attention on base survival. That 'frees' on to indulge in 'social freedoms'. Bigger, secluded properties where one can....indulge...
been going on for a long time. Yes?

Therefore, money and it's possession, seems to be the fastest route to the most freedom. One can buy large swaths of property and control that large space and have that freedom.

I omit morals and personal responsibility in this thread as apparently It can be achieved with or without those factors.

I acknowledge your convictions and apparent efforts to live up to those convictions. For whatever it's worth, I do respect that. Integrity.

You do judge me and that doesn't bother me in the least. That allows me to judge, also. Yes?

We've been losing the economic freedoms that we've had in the past, various reasons and not part of this thread, so the overall base freedoms have declined combined with 'enforced social freedoms' which are equally restraining for those that do not agree.

Fascism 'light' in the name of social freedom. Enforcement of social freedom is contradictory and oppresses others-usually a far greater number of souls- than the ones it claims to be 'freeing'.

The bottom line is have money, no matter what your beliefs are, no matter where you live, under what 'ism' and more freedom is to be had. Empirical. Simple.

Just my opinion though, no more.

Liking it or disliking it is akin to liking or disliking...say... gravity.

That covers it.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Your correct actually. I agree. Your more than free to have tunnel vision, divisive beliefs and at liberty to cherry pick your own objectivity to # on an entire GENERATION you not only know nothing about. But while flexing said liberty in the degrading opinions of my generation prevents you from genuinely opening up your touted mind and actually THINK. Rhetoric, you mean the toxic # you've been spewing? Divide and conquer. Some of us seriously do take liberty serious and would rather die than be enslaved. While you cuddle your cognitive shackles as if their presence not only validates you yet actually DEFINE you. Some of us are actually rolling up our sleeves and realize to truly be free we can't leave a person behind. But you sir are free to remain exalted. This of course as at the sacrifice of your ACTUAL liberation

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigohues

Your correct actually. I agree. Your more than free to have tunnel vision, divisive beliefs and at liberty to cherry pick your own objectivity to # on an entire GENERATION you not only know nothing about. But while flexing said liberty in the degrading opinions of my generation prevents you from genuinely opening up your touted mind and actually THINK. Rhetoric, you mean the toxic # you've been spewing? Divide and conquer. Some of us seriously do take liberty serious and would rather die than be enslaved. While you cuddle your cognitive shackles as if their presence not only validates you yet actually DEFINE you. Some of us are actually rolling up our sleeves and realize to truly be free we can't leave a person behind. But you sir are free to remain exalted. This of course as at the sacrifice of your ACTUAL liberation

Apparently, you read the OP and responded. I suggest you read the thread then comment again. The thread is based on a generality. Of course there are exceptions. Numerically, lots of exceptions. It is a generalized statement.Not an individual one.

If it doesn't apply to you, then it doesn't. I cede that.

If you are willing, I would continue the discussion with you. Are you?

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join