It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian lawyer says the dossier is filled with dirty rumors

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

Awww. Sorry ... Not happening...

LOL

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Steele worked amongst these folks for twenty five years. Shared drinks and food. Probably went to a few barbeques and kids birthday parties.

So did Jeffrey Dalmer at some point, so what. I'm sure he shared more than one barbeque with friends...

Point being, you can't judge a book by it's cover. More info is needed.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Perhaps like here we believe the Russian people and not the Russian government. Steele worked amongst these folks for twenty five years. Shared drinks and food. Probably went to a few barbeques and kids birthday parties. They knew him. He worked at the UK embassy. He hobnobed with the government and oligarchs alike They were willing to give him information. His skills had served him well and he was pretty respected as an agent during his service and as a consultant after. He opened a private investigation firm when he left service. But suddenly because it's information about trump he's suspect and he doesn't know what he's doing and he's making things up. How does that work?

Wow sounds like you really admire the guy... Putin is that you???

Dasvidania

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: BotheLumberJack

In the same vein then you cannot dismiss him either.
However in the meantime we do have his reputation. A very respectable reputation.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   

I simply took the time to learn something about him. If you feel you must hold that against me for some reason so be it.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   

a reply to: BotheLumberJack

In the same vein then you cannot dismiss him either.
However in the meantime we do have his reputation. A very respectable reputation.

...and a liar
Yep , thats respectable in some folks book
Not to mention any names.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Perhaps like here we believe the Russian people and not the Russian government. Steele worked amongst these folks for twenty five years. Shared drinks and food. Probably went to a few barbeques and kids birthday parties. They knew him. He worked at the UK embassy. He hobnobed with the government and oligarchs alike They were willing to give him information. His skills had served him well and he was pretty respected as an agent during his service and as a consultant after. He opened a private investigation firm when he left service. But suddenly because it's information about trump he's suspect and he doesn't know what he's doing and he's making things up. How does that work?

Wait till they come out with the bombshell that Steele as portrayed is a fictional charactor.

The FBI knew this too at the time, but they had their "Orderz".

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Buying more organic popcorn!

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

Buying more organic popcorn!

Make sure the butter and salt are non-GMO !!

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Why are you so eager to believe the Russians?

They're not your friends you know.

Of course they are going to say there's nothing in it. But hey, if the Kremlin says it, it must be true? Sheesh.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

What lies? And when did lying become a bad thing?

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Once upon a time in a kingdom on a mountain...

Gimmie a break.....

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I have been thinking about this a bit recently.

Something that strikes me about this dossier is this, if its real, if the Russian state really do have this kind of dirt on the sitting POTUS why not just leak it through some third party. If such blackmail material really does exist then for the Russians if they were to release it it would have a devastating effect on American politics and probably the economy as well, it would be a big win for them. Now I can understand that they could just be holding over Trumps head to blackmail him with however I have not yet seen anything that suggests that has been happing.

So I personally question the veracity of this dossier, something of a change of thinking for myself over the last month or so.

However one can still not fully discount the possibility that it might have some truth to it, the press on this subject is very ambiguous when viewed in the bigger picture. One source says its 100% accurate, another says its "fake news", one senior intelligence source says its real another says only bits of it are true then someone else says its again, fake. All the will we have so much political spin on this its a proverbial tornado of political scandal. I hope that the Mueller investigation actually puts this whole issue to rest.

I think its in the best interests of the country that the credibility and accuracy of this document is officially investigated and the findings of said investigation released to the public as soon as it is possible because right now it is putting a very big question mark over the integrity of the White House. To me it is almost a separate issue from the Russian collusion investigation.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join