It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am worried my sister is being poisoned. Help please!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Every now and again a super-crazy thread pops up on ATS. This is one of them!

Several people here have asked some pretty germane and important questions which have gone without answers.

1. How old is your niece? (How old is your sister for that matter?)

2. Does your sister herself believe she is in danger?

You seem to indicate, in addition to the niece, your sister also has a daughter. How old is the daughter, is she of legal age or a minor? All of these questions have important legal bearing regarding what authorities can and will do. If there are any minors involved the response by authorities will be much more aggressive, particularly if your sister is the legal guardian of any of them.

You seem to be dodging. If your sister called you, she called you from a phone, a phone with a number. *69 the number and find out what it is (if you don't already have caller ID). If you already know the phone is a cell phone, then you'll need to try something different (yes, these can be tracked, but not without a warrant granted by a judge...not officially anyway, meaning they won't tell you if they can without the warrant.). Okay, so what's next?

Surely you must know where your sister lives, right? The 'hospital' she is in is within 5 miles of where she lives. (Trust me, it is) There aren't that many hospitals with beds within a 5 mile radius. Certainly less than 5-6. Find them all, get the phone numbers...and CALL them!! Ask if your sister is a patient and have them connect you. Any hospital will do this. All hospitals will do this and it's very common!

Your sister is sick, but she's not James Bond 007. Honestly, she can't be that hard to find. I'll bet, armed with some very basic information, I could locate your sister in under an hour with just a few simple phone calls. If I can do it, you should be able to do it in half that time...IF you really wanted to.

I wish you luck. However, I'm not entirely sure you really want to find your sister...or you would have by now. You've thrown out a number of 'excuses' (i.e. protective (secretive) family, etc.). When someone's LIFE is involved there are no excuses...only action. Sorry, I know this is a bit harsh, but sometimes it takes a glass of cold water to the face to shake people from wanting to just 'talk' about the drama and put them into actual action.

DO something!
edit on 1/20/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   
sounds horrible but I must say also kind of morbidly interesting.

My advice would be this.

First get your family away from this women in whatever way you can.

If you believe she is in danger then call the police.

I would think that for your niece protective services could also help with that

Also if this women is a nurse then she should have some kind of professional registration body, I am not 100% sure but I am sure that in America each state has a state board of nursing whom a registered nurse is accountable to. I am pretty confident that you could possibly raise a concern about the nurse through her registry body.

As for the medication I have no idea what it is, you say it makes her short of breath and by the sounds of it, it feels like she is having chest pains, you also say its a drop. So if its a drop under the tong thats being administered sublingually, I personally cannot think of any sublingual medication that causes the kind of effects you are talking about.

Could it possibly be that she is giving her other medication, in her food for example?

All in all it strikes me as a very strange situation.
edit on 20-1-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   
All I can say is please listen to the people giving you advice here.

Report this person for there conduct, I would also involve the police.
Get your sister away from this person, and away from any influnce they have on her.
You must also report this to anyone else who is medicating your sister, as this could cause massive complications or a false dignosis because of the compination of drugs.
Never take anything that is given to you by someone who is claiming to be trained without seeing some kind of evidence that they are.
Just wanted to add, I hope everything goes well and your sister gets better soon.
edit on 20-1-2018 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I'm a little pre-occupied and in some ways frantic. I am just trying to get this sorted out. Replies will come quicker and sooner when this de-escalates. I am reading a lot but don't have the time to respond to everything right away.
edit on 20-1-2018 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl
How old is your niece? Are we talking a toddler, or a pre-teen, or a teen or an adult? You guys need to get her daughter now, if she is not an adult. Is she old enough (the daughter) to talk on the phone with you?

We are making arrangements to be in her area today. A few hours drive. Just securing funds for it all now.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I think she should tell the hospital she took the medicine the nurse gave her so they can eliminate it from a possible poison or find it if it is poisonous to her. One mans medicine can be another mans poison, this goes for natural remides too. What was it her roomate gave her? It could have also been bad. Maybe it was something like betaine hydrochloride and it needed to be swallowed whole. That can tear up someone's lungs. Sometimes the pills start to fall apart if they are old and burn the mouth.

But it could be anyhing, I have no clue. Everyone has a different metabolism. Maybe it is also a coincidence, maybe the reason she was feeling ill is the real reason she is sick too. But the doctors should be made aware of what she took.

We've been trying to convince her. She wont even take it with her to the hospital! She is there now but she only keeps alluding to being poisoned. She doesn't want to be direct in case she is wrong. I understand her but I TOTALLY disagree. It's not just that the roommate gave her something that she shouldn't have. There is a lot to it and I just don't have the energy at this moment. Catching up a little with everyone.

I just now read your other replies. Thanks for the information. I knew some of it but wasn't thinking about it so I appreciate that. I'll have her check her fingernails and i'll look when I get there.
edit on 20-1-2018 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

So...she wasn't "poisoned" then (????)

Bottom line; you have the number she called you from. You can either do a reverse lookup on the number (which will work in all but about 5% of the cases), or she called you from a cell phone. Which is it?

Do you know where she is or not?

edit...ummmm, have you tried calling the number she calls you from?

edit on 1/20/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
If your sister called you, she called you from a phone, a phone with a number. *69 the number and find out what it is (if you don't already have caller ID). If you already know the phone is a cell phone, then you'll need to try something different (yes, these can be tracked, but not without a warrant granted by a judge...

And say what? "My sister may or may not be being poisoned and she wont listen to my family to leave. It could also be a medical condition that hasn't been diagnosed. I still think it's the lady who has given me (a regular every day citizen) indication of possessiveness and other extremely abnormal behavior.

Surely you must know where your sister lives, right? No one does. She's been hiding from an abusive ex and hopping around every 2-3 years. She just moved in about 6 months ago. She doesn't like discussing where she is even though we've begged.

The 'hospital' she is in is within 5 miles of where she lives. (Trust me, it is) There aren't that many hospitals with beds within a 5 mile radius. Certainly less than 5-6. Find them all, get the phone numbers...and CALL them!! Ask if your sister is a patient and have them connect you. Any hospital will do this. All hospitals will do this and it's very common!
Touched upon this in other replies. Heading into the area asap.

I wish you luck. However, I'm not entirely sure you really want to find your sister... Something you should have kept to yourself. Thanks for that.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Well, honestly (and with no ill intent at all), it sounds like there may be more than just physical issues going on with your sister. If your sister is in danger of being poisoned or injured by herself or someone else (regardless of whether she has or not), and she refuses to tell anyone her specific location I would say she sounds like she may be a danger to herself...and you might consider asking authorities to place her on a 5150 hold for both psychiatric and physical evaluation.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Well, honestly (and with no ill intent at all), it sounds like there may be more than just physical issues going on with your sister. If your sister is in danger of being poisoned or injured by herself or someone else (regardless of whether she has or not), and she refuses to tell anyone her specific location I would say she sounds like she may be a danger to herself...and you might consider asking authorities to place her on a 5150 hold for both psychiatric and physical evaluation.

This is something I could use.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   

You need to prepare yourself for whatever the doctors and nurses tell you. If your sister hops around every couple of years and never tells you where she is because of an "abusive ex", she may be a totally different person than the one you used to know. She may be an addict who has made up the whole story about her roommate to throw suspicion off of herself and risk losing her daughter. I may be totally wrong about this, but you need to be mentally prepared for anything you may learn once you catch up with her in person.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   

The lady she lives with is a bit odd. Nothing specific but I've had a weirdo alert since hearing about her. She recently bought my sister a dog that she never asked for. She also has my niece with her. She is kind and treats her like a daughter. In many ways is very demanding of my sister. Side note, the ladies son just died.

I guess I see this very different than most here. I don't get the everyone judging a Person you don't know and maybe helping not trying to hurt your Sister.
You never met this person.
She is kind.
She is motherly to a woman with a young daughter who has clearly some issues.

Why does everyone assume she is evil because she gave her a dose of something that may be simple and helpful and not some prescription drug?
If the Sister did not ask what it was, is she mentally deficient a normal woman would ask and not take it again if it made her unwell?
This would explain the Woman's being what Sister deems demanding, maybe she is helping take care of a little girl who has a Mother not in the right mind to do a good job right now. Sometimes a single messed up Mother needs a strong hand until she is straight with life.

I AM NOT SAYIN DO NOTHING!! I am saying why would anyone call the Woman a witch and murder when it is still unknown she has done anything, simply a Brother's mental impressions of someone he has not even met?? What if the Woman is protecting the 6-year-old while Mom is not equipped?
The public outcry could get some nut to kill someone.
edit on 20-1-2018 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

I am wondering if your sister concerned also?
I would think that you could do nothing unless she is concerned herself, she is an adult.

Maybe she had symptoms as per hear first and the woman gave her
Nitroglycerin sublingual tablet is available as both a generic and brand-name drug. Brand name: Nitrostat.
A sublingual tablet is a tablet that you dissolve under your tongue or inside your cheek. Nitroglycerin is also available as a spray, aerosol solution, extended-release oral capsule, transdermal patch, and ointment. It also comes in a form that is injected into a vein that is only given by a healthcare provider.
Nitroglycerin is used to stop or prevent angina (chest pain)

www.healthline.com...

You know there are places online that you can look at to match any pill any tablet or capsule has numbers or names on them and the color also shows what they are.

Or perhaps digitalis.

I was going by this in the OP

It dissolved around her mouth immediately.

There are anti-anxiety drugs like Klonopin I read melt in this way also. For panic attacks.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Antipathy17

originally posted by: rickymouse
I think she should tell the hospital she took the medicine the nurse gave her so they can eliminate it from a possible poison or find it if it is poisonous to her. One mans medicine can be another mans poison, this goes for natural remides too. What was it her roomate gave her? It could have also been bad. Maybe it was something like betaine hydrochloride and it needed to be swallowed whole. That can tear up someone's lungs. Sometimes the pills start to fall apart if they are old and burn the mouth.

But it could be anyhing, I have no clue. Everyone has a different metabolism. Maybe it is also a coincidence, maybe the reason she was feeling ill is the real reason she is sick too. But the doctors should be made aware of what she took.

We've been trying to convince her. She wont even take it with her to the hospital! She is there now but she only keeps alluding to being poisoned. She doesn't want to be direct in case she is wrong. I understand her but I TOTALLY disagree. It's not just that the roommate gave her something that she shouldn't have. There is a lot to it and I just don't have the energy at this moment. Catching up a little with everyone.

I just now read your other replies. Thanks for the information. I knew some of it but wasn't thinking about it so I appreciate that. I'll have her check her fingernails and i'll look when I get there.

Sometimes people try to give some leftover medicine to someone to try to help. If someone has an allergy to the med, they can have a terrible reaction. Lots of people are intollerant to sulfa meds, many people are allergic to other antibiotics or even things that are natural. We figured out that my granddaughter was severely intolerant to Chicory root, something people consider a good thing, a super food. She would have antiphalactic reactions sometimes and it was hard to figure out. It happened in school and I had to go in and she got it after eating a health bar, the nurse read out the ingredients and I had studied on that three days before and knew chicory can be dangerous with an allergy to ragweed for some people, it had chicory in it and I said that is probably the problem. She went home with me after getting an inhaler, which did little. It took about twenty minutes before the chicory kicked in and I did send a copy of the info into the nurse so she could warn others with asthma to watch out for it. It seems Chicory is in lots of things nowadays, my granddaughter no longer has a problem. She now only eats pickles without alum, avoids eating any bakery with baking powder containing aluminum, avoids soft quick melting american cheese, and checks ingredients to make sure no aluminum or chicory is in them. She listens now, she has to watch out for excessive consumption of the balsam of peru foods and also perfumes that contain elements of Eugenol. The meds the doctors gave didn't do much, she still gets an inhaler once in a while, but rarely uses it anymore.

It could be that the pill she gave her was old and was falling apart too. It could have been anything. It could be the pill, but still not an intentional act, it may just be that the medicine had gone bad or she was intollerant to the med, having a reaction to something someone else could use as medicine. Maybe it was something else put into the wrong bottle. I got pills for my mother one day, I called them because the pills were so much different, I gave the number on the pill to the pharmacist and she told me they had given the wrong medicine, somehow my mothers bottle was someone else's prescription and her prescription had gone to someone else they had to call about the mixup.

edit on 20-1-2018 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Any updates?

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   

If you had a weirdo alert....get all up in it.....don't ignore your instincts...just like on a test you don't go back and change answers because odds show you will be wrong more than right.....go with your flow....do whatever it takes to get a clearer picture of everything.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   

That's not what I asked. How old is your niece?

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Answers to realistic questions are few and far between on this thread.

Sadly.

edit...if he/she was really serious...there'd be results. Heck, I can be anywhere in the USA in 4 hours or less, any time 24x7x365. The sister would be located and the situation assessed.

Mom passed away on Christmas eve. She went in the hospital (she didn't know what one) on the night of the 23rd...I was on the ground in 2 hours and 45 minutes after she was admitted, and driving to where she was. I was 1,300 miles away when I started. If you need to get somewhere...you CAN! My sisters were less than 400 miles away and I beat them both there by several hours.

I've heard every excuse in the book. Again, when someone's life is in danger you just GO (...and go FAST)!

edit on 1/21/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Actually Kansas & FCD, I had to look twice, and am pretty sure his answer was 6. As in the niece is 6 years old.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Sorry, I'm not nice on subjects like this.

Facts, nothing but facts...and go fast!

I know the OP is just hating my advice. It's coarse, but that's what it takes sometimes. They can thank me later (or not).

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join