It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox host: You can’t blame Dems for shutdown when “you’re in charge of everything”

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: SirHardHarry

I get it, reading is tough. My content was devoid of any side.

I'll clear up the statement. No one gets to play in politics and stay clean, even those complaining from the sidelines.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: SirHardHarry

I get it, reading is tough.

Practice more.

No one gets to play in politics and stay clean, even those complaining from the sidelines.

Who said they do. The point was hypocrisy and projection.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: Perfectenemy
Also, where do you go for your news?

i believe he goes to 4chan, 8chan, chanchan... you know, TRUSTWORTHY stuff

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

Alternative facts you know?

Get with the times you!

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

i believe he goes to 4chan, 8chan, chanchan... you know, TRUSTWORTHY stuff

Channel Zero.

edit on 19-1-2018 by SirHardHarry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

If you consider schoolyard fights as "lively" then yes it's very lively. There's a difference between lively and intellectually stimulating though, something these boards have been lacking recently. I think you know that.

edit on 1/19/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Alrighty then.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

The tax cuts were passed via reconciliation, making that vote not subject to any veto.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

LOL, you picked a poor triumverate to use against Trump with me. I don't take issue with those three decisions.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Isn't the point that if the bill with DACA passes we likely will not see funding for a border wall? I know he initially said he would pass a clean Daca bill first until GOP corrected him. DACA without funding for the wall and border security should be a no go. Daca doesn't even expire for 6 weeks.

As always, whichever side, Daca is used as a scare tactic unnecessarily because Dems have no interest in border protection.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: Greven

The tax cuts were passed via reconciliation, making that vote not subject to any veto.

Reconciliation is taking a passed Senate bill and a passed House bill, then figuring out the resulting bill from those two.

Thus, prior to the reconciliation, there was a Senate bill on tax reform that was passed. It also passed by simple majority.

Senate passes tax reform bill: Here's how it affects you

The U.S. Senate voted just before 2 a.m. ET Saturday to pass a sweeping tax overhaul worth roughly $1.4 trillion, putting the Trump White House a big step closer to its first major legislative victory – and many Americans closer to a tax cut.

The vote was 51-49, with Republican Bob Corker of Tennessee the only member of the GOP to side with the Democrats in opposition.

Reconciliation vote occurred weeks later.
edit on 20Fri, 19 Jan 2018 20:15:59 -0600America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago1 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   

No worries, they will kick the can they are expert can kickers

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Both parties are guilty. It's all about political posturing with no concerns on how it will affect Americans or government workers. All these representatives should be voted out of office. They're not doing the job they were elected to do.
They can't work with each other nor can they negotiate and compromise on behalf of the American people. Both parties want to push their own selfish agendas and could care less about you or I.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   
If the Republicans REALLY had 50 votes in the senate...

They could eliminate the filibuster, effectively eliminating the Democrats ability to obstruct their agenda.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Republicans have a 51-49 majority in the Senate, but with Senator John McCain undergoing cancer treatment at home in Arizona they need at least 10 Democrats to reach the 60 votes required to pass a spending bill.

And these liberals know that. Hey Libs, we are not stupid and are on to your bs.

link   

Republicans have a 51-49 majority in the Senate, but with Senator John McCain undergoing cancer treatment at home in Arizona they need at least 10 Democrats to reach the 60 votes required to pass a spending bill.

And these liberals know that. Hey Libs, we are not stupid and are on to your bs.

link   

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 02:39 AM
link   
www.nytimes.com...

• Much of the federal government officially shut down early Saturday morning after Senate Democrats, showing remarkable solidarity in the face of a clear political danger, blocked consideration of a stopgap spending measure to keep the government operating.

Shot yourselves in the foot. Again. As usual.

For Democrats on the ballot in many of the states that President Trump carried, the fresh government shutdown is unmistakably perilous, especially if it is seen as a strong-armed move to protect undocumented immigrants brought to this country illegally as children.

www.nytimes.com...

How Every Senator Voted on the Government Shutdown

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 03:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Yes, you can. Yes, we will.

The shoes on the other foot this time. This thread is pure hypocrisy.

Thread is pure BS
Disclaimer - I am not a veterinarian , but I know BS when I smell it

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

nwtrucker,

The ability to perform the act of doing a thing, does not provide it legitimacy.

And as for the shoe being on the other foot, if you can show me an entire year where Obama and the Democrats had control over both houses and the Executive, then I will show you a total fabrication and an event that you have invented, because it never damned well happened, as you should know. So exactly what moronic tripe is it that you mean, by the shoe being on the other foot?

Your apples to oranges comparisons aside, you can SAY what you like, but reality, what has and has not occurred, does not change, just because you have a total lack of comprehension of it. The reality here is, that with all the advantages, with Dems having no power or say in a damned thing, your idiot President created a situation in which the government could be induced to shut down, and was, by his petty refusal to do anything unless he can build his precious wall. That is HIS doing. Suck it up or don't, who cares. But your indignation cannot change the fact of what is happening, or the actual reasons for it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join