It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arkansas You Rock! Never thought I'd say that!

page: 1

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Arkansas restricts controversial Monsanto, BASF farm chemical

www.yahoo.com...

I grow organically, but I'm not against all chemical use.(responsible use) I just think that we have gone too far, way too far. There was a time
when chemicals were used to treat weeds and other hard to control areas, now these chemicals are sprayed all over the actual crops to
make them dry much faster.

I live in a very rural place. We have lots of corn, soybean and other farm fields. A helicopter came by and spread dry granules from the air, my lungs and eyes hurt immediately. Residents asked what was coming from the helicopter and they said they were spreading seeds. I'm sorry but spreading seed doesn't turn a bright green field into straw yellow in a few days! People really need to think about what we are eating, what we are doing to our food, our air, our water, this stuff is truly poison.
edit on 19-1-2018 by JAGStorm because: corect link

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

couldnt agree more, good news.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I'm considering ordering my food from Russia. I heard they are the only country with 100% gmo free food. Only fall back is that id be colluding with the Russians to make dinner. That might not sit well with some...lol

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Potmonster
I'm considering ordering my food from Russia. I heard they are the only country with 100% gmo free food. Only fall back is that id be colluding with the Russians to make dinner. That might not sit well with some...lol

OP has nothing at all to do with GMOs .And Russia may be a changing their minds again.
Actually , they never banned them . Urban myth
Now , think , what do they use for pesticides ?

edit on 1/19/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Good for Arkansas . Now that the FDA and others have better testing processes seems like a lot of pesticides once declared safe are not as safe as once thought.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Potmonster

I am an American that grew up in Europe and went through a culture shock when coming back to the US. The food here is terrible, really terrible. I have no doubt that a lot of the fertility, cancer and other health issues we have are directly related to our unhealthy farming habits. I am significantly healthier than my same aged counterparts that grew up here. I know health has to do with genetics, but I think there is a critical link to foods you eat as a child, especially around ages 10-15 right around puberty.

I recently purchased some bacon from a local farmer that had it processed without any nitrates. The taste was so starkly different from store bought (even the nitrate free ones) . I also grow a lot of my own non gmo, heirloom fruits and vegetables. One thing you notice right away, heirloom foods start rotting almost immediately after you cut them. GMO hybrid foods still look fresh after hours/days etc. They are bred that way to look good in the supermarket, but not good for your health. I can no longer even eat non-organic strawberries because all I can taste are the chemicals. It is awful, we need to do better for our kids and future generations!

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Your wrong, this from the article linked in the op.

The ban makes it less attractive for farmers to buy soybean and cotton seeds that Monsanto engineered to resist dicamba because the crops are designed to be sprayed with the chemical during the summer growing season.

What do you think they mean by engineered.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I could not agree more

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

cancer and other health issues we have are directly related to our unhealthy farming habits

Mighty big statement there....
As yet the cause of cancer is TBD . Lots of theories.
So , you may want to interject a perhaps or maybe in that statement.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Potmonster

Your wrong, this from the article linked in the op.

The ban makes it less attractive for farmers to buy soybean and cotton seeds that Monsanto engineered to resist dicamba because the crops are designed to be sprayed with the chemical during the summer growing season.

What do you think they mean by engineered.

Read again.
You are interjecting your beliefs into an entirely different subject
It is all about dicamba herbicides which is not genetically altering anything.
The pesticides are infused into the seeds if anything.
Genetic alteration :
Genetic engineering

edit on 1/19/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   

The article clearly states this is both about herbicides and the need to purchase genetically modified seeds.

"Monsanto is banking on its dicamba-based herbicide and soybean seeds engineered to tolerate it, called Xtend, to dominate soybean production in the United States, the world’s second-largest exporter."

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

The article clearly states this is both about herbicides and the need to purchase genetically modified seeds.

"Monsanto is banking on its dicamba-based herbicide and soybean seeds engineered to tolerate it, called Xtend, to dominate soybean production in the United States, the world’s second-largest exporter."

Hint , and my last reply to you. The soybean seeds have been infused with the pesticide
Quit trying to derail the thread into an anti-Monsanto and anti-GMO . The OP is definitely about the pesticides.
After all , it is the title of the thread and the article

Arkansas restricts controversial Monsanto, BASF farm chemicall

Get it ? (just nod)
Got it ? (just nod)
Good

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   

So we just read titles? Move on dude. We tryn to have a discussion and your just trying to be Mr correcto

top topics

join