It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Millennial Job Interview

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: WeRpeons
HAHA or maybe the later generations should teach their kids better. I am a millennial and I just helped make a decision with a Fortune 500 corp to not hire older people. If a baby boomer needs a job then they messed up some where. Can’t handle tech as well and hold a grudge against coworkers. And if the older folk keep thinking that younger folk are to stupid to run the world then maybe they should look at who raised them. This whole lazy new gen movement is crap. Hopefully I don’t mess up even 1 letter or number on our database due to phone activity. WAIT, oh ya I can work from my phone that I know how to use properly. SO F OFF

Jesus.

Your Honor, The prosecution rests.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   
My research suggests that in most cases, even the worst cases of Millennial Brain Damage Syndrome can be completely reversed with the liberal application of a few well-placed bitch-slaps.

Look at me when I'm talking to you, boy!

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver
a reply to: fiverx313

My bad! I realise the video was a parody but it does reflect upon a certain behaviour regardless of gender, age or background.

"Look me in the eye when I'm talking to you>" is not a new thing. No asking Jesus for help now, this is an interview and is the difference between getting the job or not. YMMV. What does the video maker matter? It's the principle.

oh yeah, i definitely get it's intended to be funny. i just think it goes so broad of the mark that it fails. of course YMMV on that as well.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

My bad! I realise the video was a parody but it does reflect upon a certain behaviour regardless of gender, age or background.

"Look me in the eye when I'm talking to you>" is not a new thing. No asking Jesus for help now, this is an interview and is the difference between getting the job or not. YMMV. What does the video maker matter? It's the principle.

oh yeah, i definitely get it's intended to be funny. i just think it goes so broad of the mark that it fails. of course YMMV on that as well.

No. Your interpretation is incorrect.
But as always, thanks for playing!

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: MteWamp
No. Your interpretation is incorrect.
But as always, thanks for playing!

okay dear

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   
PLOT SPOILER:

She actually manages to not demand crayons and therapy puppies.

How does asking for someone's attention, input and dedication to the task (work) at hand amount to being a bitter old fart? It's not called work for nothing.

constructing a strawman of how nearly no one would act in an interview, no matter their age, because you think young people are dumb and self-centred?

i'm talking about the video maker, not the character in the video. geeeeeeeeeeeez.

edit on 19-1-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
HAHA or maybe the later generations should teach their kids better. I am a millennial and I just helped make a decision with a Fortune 500 corp to not hire older people. If a baby boomer needs a job then they messed up some where. Can’t handle tech as well and hold a grudge against coworkers. And if the older folk keep thinking that younger folk are to stupid to run the world then maybe they should look at who raised them. This whole lazy new gen movement is crap. Hopefully I don’t mess up even 1 letter or number on our database due to phone activity. WAIT, oh ya I can work from my phone that I know how to use properly. SO F OFF

Apparently millennials have difficulty with humor as well as humility....

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   

wow that video was made by a bitter old fart

Sounds like it hit you a little too close to home.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Hey, you are not supposed to ruin the story with spoilers.

Nevermind, there are some people that might need to spoilers to understand the video.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Sounds like it hit you a little too close to home.

mmm well considering that i just had a job interview, i didn't act like that, i got the job, and i'm just barely considered, by some, to be an actual millennial and not the 20-somethings y'all like to rant about.... not really.

cheers though!

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Granted, the older generation did a dis-service by giving too much to their kids. The older generation had to learn to do without, so we gave more to our children and spoiled them too much. I can't say everyone in my generation stopped giving their kid's household chores to instill responsibility and help them understand the importance of good work ethics. I know I'm guilty of that and I'm sure many others did the same. Many parents had good intentions and just wanted to do more for their kids. I know not giving my kids weekly chores was a big mistake and if I had to do everything over, I would have started them doing chores at a very young age.

The U.S. also took away many parenting disciplining rights. They also took away corporal punishment (paddling) in schools. Some may agree with that, but honestly, all it did was take away real consequences and the fear for engaging in disruptive and bad behavior in school and at home. Smack your kid on the butt today in a store or slap their face if they talked back or disrespected someone, could land a parent in jail for child abuse. If young people don't have any fear of consequences, they're much easier to be persuaded to engage in criminal conduct.

I think parents of my generation went overboard with physical discipline, but paddling or a light slap in the face or a slap at the back of the head never scarred anyone for life, (Unless it was excessively done or done with extreme force). I know I and many kids in my generation were subject to a lot worse than paddling, like being hit with a belt, a switch, a hanger, a broom handle, excessive beatings and some instances verbal abuse. (I'm sure many older generation ATS members can probably add to this list, lol). Today that would definitely be considered child abuse, and rightly so.

Today, school teacher's hands are tied. Today's young generation no longer has any fear of consequences which has caused many to become disrespectful, rude, apathetic and lazy. Which of course doesn't help when they enter the work force and have to deal with the public.

It's great that young people know how to use technology because we live in an age of a fast paced ever-changing technology! However, this technology has its definite downside. Cyber bullying allows kids to bully because they don't have to face the person they're verbally attacking! Face to face social interaction, and concern for hurting someone's feelings is a big problem due to social media. Many young people have committed suicide because of the emotional effects from cyber bullying. Cell phones have become a huge distraction in the classroom which has definitely affected the quality of education in our schools and universities.

Many kids know how to use social media, play video games and use the internet, but with many, that's where it stops. All I know, I had many owners and managers of local businesses on my advisory committee when I taught CAD at our local high school. Many complained about the poor work ethics of many young people. They would complain about young people calling up and making lame excuses for not coming into work. Some would go over their half hour lunch breaks. Some would finish a task, and than just sit there not asking their supervisor for additional work. Many were caught surfing the internet, playing video games and using social media when they should have been working. I would use an entire month just to teach my students the importance of proper work ethics, how to dress on the job, and how to prepare themselves for a job interview.

Let's face it, a lot of this technology has made many young people lazy. When I was young, you would always find young people playing in school yards, picking up a game of basketball, football and baseball at local parks. I drive by these same parks and they're vacant! Kids used to be physically active from the time they got home from school until the street lights came on. Video games have caused kids to become inactive and we see it affecting their physical health. In my day, there were very few overweight kids in schools.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Good post, also on video games, they affect the reward centre of the brain, once addicted to these games that's all kids care about, there's nothing that can substitute that reward that's why they are not out playing, it's boring to them.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   
An absolutely wonderful video that shows the true millennial at their finest. I've heard, seen, been around, and even work with people just like this, and I see this scary trend growing. More and more of them are around now, drives me nuts. My diagnosis is euthanasia. To hard core maybe? Just think, these teat sucking morons are taking care of our elderly right now, and we know its just going to get worse... think of who'll be taking care of us in our golden years. The world is a scary place. Welcome to the pretentious snowflake-ocolypse.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   

edit on 23-1-2018 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join