It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you support Obama’s GM food labelling law?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   
What was your specific one sentence on topic question again Ignorant Ape?
edit on 20-1-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Science isn't a monolithic thing. It's a method of investigation.

I know this explanation will mean nothing to you, but you could try reading more about the science of a particular field of study and try to understand how it's done before you use this kind of dismissive bull# in an argument.

I'm tired of people who benefit every single moment of their lives from the fruits of scientific investigation making such ridiculous and dismissive statements.

If science is so unreliable just stop posting, turn off your computer, and go live in a cave.
edit on 20 1 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Where do you get me as not believing in science? I simply pointed out science is not infallible.
Prove me wrong.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

ok - once again for the benefit of the illiterate :

a common trope of anti GMO cultists is :

" GMOs have " forign DNA injected into them " , ergo unsafe "

my question is WHY ???

we eat hundreds of different foods every month that have whole cells , therefore the complete DNA of the species that produced it

as another anti GMO trope = :

" they want to inject fish DNA into a tomato "

it begs the question :

as eating tomatoes and salmon is safe [ we ent up metabolising the entire DNA of both species ]

then why is eating a tommato that has segments of fish DNA in its chromosomes unsafe ?

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

ok - once again for the benefit of the illiterate :

a common trope of anti GMO cultists is :

" GMOs have " forign DNA injected into them " , ergo unsafe "

my question is WHY ???

we eat hundreds of different foods every month that have whole cells , therefore the complete DNA of the species that produced it

as another anti GMO trope = :

" they want to inject fish DNA into a tomato "

it begs the question :

as eating tomatoes and salmon is safe [ we ent up metabolising the entire DNA of both species ]

then why is eating a tommato that has segments of fish DNA in its chromosomes unsafe ?

Ah well I can't answer that because I don't make the claim that it is unsafe, I don't know. And because I don't know if there will be any long term effects I choose to eat non GM as I always have.
You'd have to direct your question to people who claim it is unsafe, not me, I cannot answer for other people.
So nope illiterate is not a slur you can relate to me good sir.

...now do you wanna answer my succinct question from the bottom of the last page or just continue whining about questions you have for the anti GM lobby?
edit on 21-1-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: added final sentence

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   

yes - you sadly - are illiterate - as it took you 4 attemopts to answer a question that was a direct response to another members post

as for saftey of GMO : safe

why do anti GMO cultist insist on self imposed scientific illiteracy ?

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

yes - you sadly - are illiterate - as it took you 4 attemopts to answer a question that was a direct response to another members post

as for saftey of GMO : safe

why do anti GMO cultist insist on self imposed scientific illiteracy ?

Clearly you are illiterate as well then because I asked if you disagree with government forcing businesses to label GM products.
At least my question is clear and succinct, so come on big man answer the simple question and stay on topic.

...actually lmfao at you being so intellectually superior about answering questions and you failed to even understand mine! Bahaha! Love it!
edit on 21-1-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: added final paragraph

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   

oh dear - the fact that i CBA to answer your question - simply means - i CBA - nothing else

you jumped onto mine - and failed to answer it 3 times . it was a direct follow up to a claim made by another member . i have no issue that you attempted to answer it - it was the fact that it took 3 attempts that i too exception to

as for my reply - it does adress your delusion that " GMO = unsafe "

now to answer your question - the answer is :

why should GMO be labled ?

edit on 21-1-2018 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Lmfao again, you clearly are the delusional one here because I haven't asserted that GM is unsafe, just that I won't eat it for another decade or so until I'm satisfied there are no long term effects as yet unknown.
You invented any claims of danger danger from me, not so clever are you really.

As for labelling, I don't assert that the US should label it because it is not my country. Indeed my whole OP is a question to US folk regarding Obama’s bill.

I can only assert that I am glad I have an informed choice when buying my food.
Now how about answer the #ing question good sir, are you for or against GM labelling?

Oh and my biggest concern with GM is actually cross pollination and our ecosystems. I'm actually glad the US environment is the crash test dummy for that question because if it does go tits up my little island will hopefully be unaffected due to the difficulty of tainted pollen crossing the Atlantic.
We don't grow it here so it will be interesting to be a spectator of your environmental experiment.
edit on 21-1-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: added final paragraph

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

What does CBA mean as well?
Lazy as # response from an allegedly intellectual person 😂

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I support Pro choice Consumer Capitalism
We need to bury those against it

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: jacobe001

Agreed, informed choice can only be the way forward.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Grumpy ignorant_ape?
A reply to: CornishCeltGuy

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join