It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Want a Government Shutdown

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I believe that this is the first time that congress has threatened a government shutdown unless the government agrees to NOT enforce laws that were passed by congress.

immigration laws were passed by congress, correct?
and now some members of congress are threatening to hold the American people hostage until the government agrees to NOT enforce the immigration laws that congress themselves passed.
I`m pretty sure that`s not how you legally get laws changed in a democratic republic.

link   
I believe that this is the first time that congress has threatened a government shutdown unless the government agrees to NOT enforce laws that were passed by congress.

and now some members of congress are threatening to hold the American people hostage until the government agrees to NOT enforce the immigration laws that congress themselves passed.
I`m pretty sure that`s not how you legally get laws changed in a democratic republic.

link   

link   

link   

link   

link   

link   

link   

link   

link   

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   
wow, serious website malfunction resulted in many duplicate posts.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Amazing how the GOP controls the gov't and has a history of shutting it down because of party politics but all the sudden it's the Dem's fault.

Amazzzzzing!
edit on 19-1-2018 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Ignorant criminals,all the Democrats are nothing but communist syphathizers,won't be happy till country is in turmoil

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   
At first it may have been about DACA, and to an extent it might be still, but now they have to shut it down so they can get ahead of the FISA abuse memo and change the narrative.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

If Republicans are so inept that they can't fund the government with even a simple majority vote, and then that's on Republicans.

This will take Democrat votes to pass.

Every single Democrat needs to vote "Yes" or it's suicide.

They don't even realize that.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven
a reply to: pavil

If one or more Democrats votes for the bill... that kind of invalidates the whole "Democrats Want a Government Shutdown" then, now doesn't it?

No it doesn't

Schumer is voting "No" and he's the big cheese.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.

Just had a thought............what if 3 reps vote no for this bill and all the dems change thier minds and vote yes? Hmmmmmm.

BwaaaaaaHaHaHa

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: bluechevytree

I think we got the point !!

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: bluechevytree
wow, serious website malfunction resulted in many duplicate posts.

Maybe funding is running out!

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join