It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Want a Government Shutdown

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Yes the Democrats want a government shutdown tonight.

Gov funding is expiring at midnight !!

Lots of chaos if this happens.

The House passed a funding bill yesterday.

The Senate may vote today or tonight.

BUT, Democrats are stalling because they want a DACA deal inserted !!

SO, that means Democrats will use all pawns available to get their anti-Trump messages in the limelight.

One pawn is the CHIP funding. Democrats are using "The Children" as pawns.

Dirty jilted Democrats on a war-hammer binge again and again.

DaaaaHaHaHa

The clocks are tiking and Democrats are failing.

What happens during a government shutdown? 7 things you should know

Blame game ramps up as shutdown nears

"Lots of chaos", indeed.
Government has been shut down several times in the past 20 years.
No rioting ever occurred. At worst, some kids didn't get to go on a field trip to a National monument or park.
Chaos...

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

Black.......

Just seeing if you'll say white.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   

I could understand dems not voting for this if it had things it it they opposed.

For example, if this budget said that dreamers would be deported, or something like that, then I would at least think their argument would make sense for not voting for it.

Its like dems said "we want chip funded, we want health care taxes delayed, and we want government empoyees funded"

Republicans are like "OK here is a bill that does just that"

And dems say "Well no, we wont vote for it. Now we have a new list of things we demand. And if you dont agree to these new demands, its YOUR fault that this doesnt get passed."

Unbelievable.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Good ...dust off the guillotine.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Only one republican.

🎶 you know...

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

I could understand dems not voting for this if it had things it it they opposed.

For example, if this budget said that dreamers would be deported, or something like that, then I would at least think their argument would make sense for not voting for it.

Its like dems said "we want chip funded, we want health care taxes delayed, and we want government empoyees funded"

Republicans are like "OK here is a bill that does just that"

And dems say "Well no, we wont vote for it. Now we have a new list of things we demand. And if you dont agree to these new demands, its YOUR fault that this doesnt get passed."

Unbelievable.

You won't hear any of the talking heads in the media succinctly stating what you just posted...

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Well, they don't really want a shutdown, they just want their way via threat of a shutdown, even if their hypocrisy from yesteryear shines through like the blinding morning sun.

The dems hit a new, unimaginable "low" every single day. If the dems were an economy, it'd be more dire than that of the Great Depression.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkeptiSchism

I think you're mistaken there Trump can run the entire government on executive orders. You do realize the dollar in it's current form rests entirely on executive orders right?

EO's in place of Congressional funding would be interesting.

Waiting for some examples that would be legal........

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Black.......

Just seeing if you'll say white.

So you have nothing? No facts, info, statistics or ANYTHING to back up that preposterous claims that 80% of the American public support DACA.

Once again you have showed up in a thread and attempted to spread lies and disinformation because you don't like the president the American people legally voted for. You have no facts or information to add to the discussion and are only here to derail and pick fights with people attempting to have civil discussions on the state of our US gov.

You like your arguments and nonfactual information are a joke. Why ATS continues to allow people to derail and spread disinformation is beyond me. You never bring anything of substance to any thread I have seen you on.

I like 80% of ATS will now ignore you, but will chuckle every time I see you're triggered. Which is pretty much all the time. Good day maam.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I want Daca to go through they need it. I get that democrats want to carry this water I'm OK with that again they should. But shutting down the government putting illegals above American citizens I have a problem with that. They are hurting childen who are all ready Americans to push legalizing non citizens. How can anyone argue illegals intrests should out weigh the need of citizens. This us a huge mistake on dems behalf thinking people will be OK with this. People want to help DACA people but not at the expense of hurting others.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   
If the government shuts down and never reopens, will anyone that pays taxes really notice??

Trump should say, shut down and I will go to Florida till the 2018 elections.

link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
It will be interesting to see what happens when the Democrats non-working base don’t get their Government checks thanks to the liberals in Congress. If you take away their Government subsidized beer and cigarettes things will get nasty real fast for the Dems.

Trump could just send truckloads to the "neighborhoods".

Good for 5 million votes.

link   

originally posted by: eNumbra
Republicans threatened the same under obama, rinse repeat, new leaders same as the old leaders... etc.

This is tiring

They didn't just threaten.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Eighty percent of the country wants a DACA deal too.

California is not a country.

link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
Poor guys. This thing called leadership is harder than they thought.

Yeah you would think having a majority in every single branch of government would preclude blaming the opposition for their failings.

Alas...

link   
a reply to: six67seven

Trump. I'll sign anything on Tuesday sang a different tune on Thursday. But blame the dems. It's so typical of trump who doesn't take responsibility for anything and blames either the previous administration ( his favorite scapegoat) or the dems or Jeff Sessions or Mitch McConnell...

link   
a reply to: Scrubdog

Well soon see how many Democrats in the Senate vote "Yes".

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
I want Daca to go through they need it. I get that democrats want to carry this water I'm OK with that again they should. But shutting down the government putting illegals above American citizens I have a problem with that. They are hurting childen who are all ready Americans to push legalizing non citizens. How can anyone argue illegals intrests should out weigh the need of citizens. This us a huge mistake on dems behalf thinking people will be OK with this. People want to help DACA people but not at the expense of hurting others.

The Dems will pay for them putting illegal aliens before American Citizens just like they did in 2016. Americans are tired of being relegated in their own country and have made this clear by voting President Trump into office.

I am personally filled with glee as the Democratic party show their true colors and self destructs.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: Metallicus
It will be interesting to see what happens when the Democrats non-working base don’t get their Government checks thanks to the liberals in Congress. If you take away their Government subsidized beer and cigarettes things will get nasty real fast for the Dems.

No because the main stream media is a branch of the democratic party, and they will convince people this is the republicans fault.

The dems are voting against a budget that they support everything in, because they want to add a non related ussue, and the main stream media will someone try to twist this to being trumps fault.

Fox is um kinda main stream media, you want to call that Democrat?

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

originally posted by: MOMof3
Poor guys. This thing called leadership is harder than they thought.

Yeah you would think having a majority in every single branch of government would preclude blaming the opposition for their failings.

Alas...

This is the most absurd argument.

there needs to be 60 votes in the senate to pass, and republicans only have 51.

So according to you, if the 49 democrats decide to not show up to work the rest of the year, it still the republicans fault, because they have the majority?

Its so disingenuous and dumb.

The republicans are voting for this; they have put forth a bill of all things that democrats want.

If democrats chose not to vote fopr it, its not the republicans fault because they have the majority.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join