It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Want a Government Shutdown

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

There shouldn't be any concession on DACA. Its illegal aliens. We need to take care of America first. We should always have a legal way to immigrate to this country but if you are illegal - GTFO. We are witnessing a government shut down due to democrats whom have sworn an oath to uphold the Constitution and protect the right and well being of American citizens willing to sacrifice the well being of Americans in favor of illegal aliens. That should not be happening. Not now - not ever.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 06:13 AM
link   
To put DACA in a spending bill, is pure political grandstanding.

I hope one day, we can pass a law that bills are required to be of a single subject.

No more unrelated issues inserted into bills. No more earmarks.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 06:53 AM
link   
This is a big, dumb mistake for the Democrats. Trump won in 2016 largely because there's a belief among right-leaning voters that the Dems are much more interested in the concerns of illegals than they are American citizens. This will just reinforce that view.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: vor78

If they are illegals why aren’t trump and his third Reich republicans throwing them in jail or mass deport right now?

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

I don't know how much that type of response is going to help. You just reinforced another stereotype that right-leaning voters have of the left...that you can't disagree with them without being labeled a Nazi, racist, bigot, etc, etc.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Trump is going to run around saying the radical dems shut down the governnemnt to save illegal aliens and it will likely work

Yep. The Dems pretty much served up a big, fat softball for Trump to knock out of the park, and he's already on Twitter this morning taking advantage of it.

twitter.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   

I didn’t call you a name. I called our government leaders as I see them. The Republican Party has terrorized these people long enough. As my grandpa use to say “ either s##t or get off the pot”.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Does everyone remember the Federal Judge's ruling on January 10th that blocked President Trump's attempt end DACA?

A federal judge in California temporarily blocked the Trump administration's decision to end the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program late Tuesday night.

Widely known as DACA, the program protects young immigrants from deportation. In September, Attorney General Jeff Sessions announced that the program would be phased out.

The ruling from U.S. District Judge William Alsup in San Francisco granted a request by California and other states to keep DACA going, at least until lawsuits can play out in court.

Source Article: www.npr.org...

When this ruling was announced, virtually NO Democrats applauded it. Tonight I understand why. It took away Democrat's "leverage" in upcoming budget negotiations.

But this week, they proceeded to tie a court-mandated, non-expiring DACA to the budget negotiations anyway...ultimately leading to tonight's government shutdown.

Democrats, let by Chuck Schumer, acted as if DACA was ending, when it really isn't. Not for the foreseeable future anyway. There was no need to tie DACA continuation to this week's budget negotiations.

This tells me that the title of this thread is SPOT ON. Democrats really did want a government shutdown, so they could have SOMETHING to blame Republicans for, ahead of the 2018 midterm elections.

I believe that their "strategy" has backfired. Even the usually Democrat-friendly CNN poll tonight, says that most Americans blame Democrats for the government being forced to close... which will now be known as the January 20, 2018 "Schumer Shutdown".

Bingo !!

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

If they are illegals why aren’t trump and his third Reich republicans throwing them in jail or mass deport right now?

Democrats traditionally have always used the "3rd Reich" style Brownshirt tactics.

Besides that, Many Republicans are in favor of a DACA deal.

Why do you think Trump EO'd the Obama EO ?

Because now it forces Congress to make a law.

But Democrats will lose their political strangle-hold if and when a real law gets passed.

You and others should have figured this out by now.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   
This all comes down to who can take credit for passing DACA reform. The Dems manufacture a DACA crisis and then fight for the rights of Dreamers. The Republicans won't vote for DACA reform without border security being part of the deal. So the Dems can prove to the Dreamers that they are fighting for them and the repubs are racist.

It really is a great plan. The Dems are looking to the future knowing the Dreamers will be a huge voting base. Also, this shutdown will hurt the economy which has been on an upswing.

That said, if the memo is as damaging as some are saying, it could be the wildcard. But the shutdown could potentially overshadow it's release. Another reason for the Dems to force a shutdown.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Democrats traditionally have always used the "3rd Reich" style Brownshirt tactics.

But Democrats will lose their political strangle-hold if and when a real law gets passed.

Democrats do not care about losing something they don’t have. As long as trump is president, let him and repubs do their damage. The American people
will decide.

Til then, democrats will fight for the oppressed.
Leave the lawmaking to the republicans.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Feltrick

The Dems are looking to the future knowing the Dreamers will be a huge voting base

Which is why the gop is fighting so hard against them.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   

I didn’t call you a name. I called our government leaders as I see them. The Republican Party has terrorized these people long enough. As my grandpa use to say “ either s##t or get off the pot”.

Of course. I can't imagine why anyone who supports the Trump/GOP position would take offense to that at all...

Please, carry on. Demeaning and dehumanizing your opponents has been a highly successful strategy for the left over the last 8 years. You only lost about a thousand seats in Congress and state legislatures in that time, not to mention a presidential election to a reality tv star.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: vor78

Of course. I can't imagine why anyone who supports the Trump/GOP position would take offense to that at all...

Please, carry on. Demeaning and dehumanizing your opponents has been a highly successful strategy for the left over the last 8 years. You only lost about a thousand seats in Congress and state legislatures in that time, not to mention a presidential election to a reality tv star.

Ah, you mean like 'libtards' and traitors and Obummer and...

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme
yes i am sure 80 percent of the country of mexico wants daca protections to continue but not 80 percent of americans try polling in other places than sanctuary cities and states. you will find alot less people want his.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Democrats do not care about losing something they don’t have. As long as trump is president, let him and repubs do their damage. The American people
will decide.

Til then, democrats will fight for the oppressed.
Leave the lawmaking to the republicans.

You mean Democrats will fight hard to KEEP people oppressed right?

They've been at that for decades.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
That is what the democrats have done so well all these years BUY VOTES. I visit Brazil every year. If my visa has any problem what so ever they will drive you to the airport and personally stick you on a plane to country of origin. No one is demonstrating in the streets about that what so ever. This country has gone nuts. The crazy minority left has power in the press an Hollywood. They want to flood this country with useless eaters and give away our hard earned money. Until our veterans are better taken care of and legally born citizens are employed the illegals do not have my sympathy. Break the laws pay for it!! For all the ATS leftist communist utopians, sponsor personally any DACA person from your pocketbook. Quit your bleeding heart with mine.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Let’s see what the republicans do with 800,000. Mass deportations or pass DACA.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Nothing but a troll here, right out of the Donny Tiny Hands playbook.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join