It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Want a Government Shutdown

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Yes the Democrats want a government shutdown tonight.

Gov funding is expiring at midnight !!

Lots of chaos if this happens.

The House passed a funding bill yesterday.

The Senate may vote today or tonight.

BUT, Democrats are stalling because they want a DACA deal inserted !!

SO, that means Democrats will use all pawns available to get their anti-Trump messages in the limelight.

One pawn is the CHIP funding. Democrats are using "The Children" as pawns.

Dirty jilted Democrats on a war-hammer binge again and again.

DaaaaHaHaHa

The clocks are tiking and Democrats are failing.

What happens during a government shutdown? 7 things you should know

Blame game ramps up as shutdown nears

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Republicans threatened the same under obama, rinse repeat, new leaders same as the old leaders... etc.

This is tiring
edit on 1/19/2018 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra
Republicans threatened the same under obama, rinse repeat, new leaders same as the old leaders... etc.

This is tiring

Glad you said it, saved me the trouble.

*yawn*

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Poor guys. This thing called leadership is harder than they thought.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I think you're mistaken there Trump can run the entire government on executive orders. You do realize the dollar in it's current form rests entirely on executive orders right?

+14 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Last I read there was nothing done to continue military pay right?

IF that is true, that will play real well with the military voters... democrats think illegal immigrants are more important than the men and women who swore and oath to protect and defend the constitution.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   
DACA potentially gives the dems 10 million votes next election. That’s their only hope at this point.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Yes the Democrats want a government shutdown tonight.

Gov funding is expiring at midnight !!

Lots of chaos if this happens.

The House passed a funding bill yesterday.

The Senate may vote today or tonight.

BUT, Democrats are stalling because they want a DACA deal inserted !!

SO, that means Democrats will use all pawns available to get their anti-Trump messages in the limelight.

One pawn is the CHIP funding. Democrats are using "The Children" as pawns.

Dirty jilted Democrats on a war-hammer binge again and again.

DaaaaHaHaHa

The clocks are tiking and Democrats are failing.

What happens during a government shutdown? 7 things you should know

Blame game ramps up as shutdown nears

They should shut the government down and hopefully they won't reopen. People need to see that we can function with like 25% of the government...

Government shuts down every holiday and weekend and the sun still rises.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
trump on the government shutdown in 2013 when Obama was president.

he called fox and friends to give his thoughts -

"it's always happens to be the top. I mean, the problems start from the top and have to get solved from the top,”

lol

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I'm fine with another government shutdown. I only wish we as citizens could choose which services are "essential" and which should be shut down.

Shutdown: Congress, BLM, etc...

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Lots of republicans including Lindsey Graham want a DACA deal. Eighty percent of the country wants a DACA deal too.
Trump is digging his heels in because no one wants to fund his stupid wall.

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   
As far as I can see, there is not one thing in the proposed budget that dems oppose.

The want chip, they want to end the Cadillac tax, etc.

So they are refusing to vote against positions they want, because they also want DACA added to this.

Daca has nothing to do with the budget and would still be able to be passed later as this budget does nothing at all that would hamper a bill on daca.

So the dems are saying that they care so little about things like CHIP that they refuse to fund it unless other added measure s that have nothing to do with the budget are added.

Where are all of those that shed tears over CHIP not being funded at now?

Can anyone show me anything in the republicn proposed budget that Dems are against?

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Who knew...

link   
I bet even with a shutdown taxes will still be taken out of my paycheck......

Funny how that works....

link   
It will be interesting to see what happens when the Democrats non-working base don’t get their Government checks thanks to the liberals in Congress. If you take away their Government subsidized beer and cigarettes things will get nasty real fast for the Dems.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Lots of republicans including Lindsey Graham want a DACA deal. Eighty percent of the country wants a DACA deal too.

80% huh?? Have any solid proof of that figure??

link   
Republicans don't even have 50 votes in the Senate.

Right now a minimum of 4 Senators won't vote for the horrid CR, talk of 5 to 7 won't vote for it.

Takes a big set of brass to say it's the Dems when even your own party can't even reach 50, never mind 60.

Anndddd, the Tumpest agreed to a deal last week and backed out over 36 hours, ask Lindsey Graham who was there. The Dems have said they will vote for the deal that "the Trump" agreed to, so what's the problem?

Talk tot he guy who changed his mind.

link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Its called compromise.

That said...Congress can't seem to get anything done. Its apparent that the folks sitting up there would rather just let us eat cake.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
It will be interesting to see what happens when the Democrats non-working base don’t get their Government checks thanks to the liberals in Congress. If you take away their Government subsidized beer and cigarettes things will get nasty real fast for the Dems.

No because the main stream media is a branch of the democratic party, and they will convince people this is the republicans fault.

The dems are voting against a budget that they support everything in, because they want to add a non related ussue, and the main stream media will someone try to twist this to being trumps fault.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
As far as I can see, there is not one thing in the proposed budget that dems oppose.

The want chip, they want to end the Cadillac tax, etc.

So they are refusing to vote against positions they want, because they also want DACA added to this.

Daca has nothing to do with the budget and would still be able to be passed later as this budget does nothing at all that would hamper a bill on daca.

So the dems are saying that they care so little about things like CHIP that they refuse to fund it unless other added measure s that have nothing to do with the budget are added.

Where are all of those that shed tears over CHIP not being funded at now?

Can anyone show me anything in the republicn proposed budget that Dems are against?

Cut insurance to over 10 million American children to force the Gov to allow 800k illegal children immigrants to stay....

Makes sense if you're a Dem.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join