It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Existence of Free Will

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

I've often wondered why many groups of religions don't believe in free will. The wildest one are the Calvinists who don't believe in free will. How can you ever explain all the many occurrences of God trying and tempting people in the old testament in order to see what their choice would be?? Over and over God tests people, even today to see our actions. If there is no free will, then this exercise of God is completely useless and asinine.

If anyone has an explanation for this I would love to hear it, but I have read many of the major Calvinist teachers (Gill, Pink, MacArthur, Calvin, Augustine, etc) and none of them can give an honest answer here why God tests people when He "supposedly" knows the answer already. Same for the Gospel of Christ; why "go ye into all the world" when God already knows who will be saved? The Only answer I can see is that God gives MAN sovereignty, and allows him to choose his destiny.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abednego
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

To predict and to see the future are two different things. And if I really could see the future, I will not share my fortune with you.

Cheers - :.

Fortune or curse?

Cheers - Dave

<< 1  2   >>

join