It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U2, please go away.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   
U2 has been boring us for the last 30 years, but they're still putting out crap music and videos. Their new video for "Get Out of Your Own Way" is just stupid. It's not edgy, or moving, or even mildly interesting. It's just stupid.
It shows the world being taken over by Trump's white supremacists buddies. So Bono says "fight back". Yawn.

Known for making corny statements that he believes are very wise and cryptic, Bono said in a recent interview that the election of President Trump has sent the 'moral arc of the universe' bending the wrong direction. He got the 'moral arc' thing from MLK.
(Bono is a good friend of Bill and Hillary, by the way)

If that isn't corny enough, here's more:
'The baseness of political debate, the jingoism, the atavistic fervor of Trump's verbiage reminded us that we were dreaming if we thought evolution applied to consciousness.' Wow, that's heavy, Bono.

Source

Have some Pepto-Bismol handy if you're going to watch this:

South Park nailed it:

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I completely agree that he is horrible in every way.

But.

Trump. Bill. Hillary.

Can a thread exist here without these references anymore?

You missed triggered.

So, triggered.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Their early stuff was better even though I wasn't really a fan of theirs.
But I would imagine that 30 years of having people kiss your butt telling you how great you are would have a negative effect on your creativity.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Double post....sorry

edit on 19-1-2018 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   
sounds like a mixture of u2 and coldplay. What is boils down to is does this Bono really mean what he sings about or ..........a reply to: ColeYounger

edit on 19-1-2018 by ancientthunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Pretty much agree although I couldn't watch the video as it contains Bono and I'm allergic.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I lost alot of respect for the Edge and U2 in general after years of virtue signaling and the Edge talking with Jimmy Page and Jack White about guitars.

I'm not a fan of White per se, but I left it with less respect for Edge than I had for White going into the video.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Bono is also friends with George Soros' son, Alex (who is following in his father's footsteps).

Total scumbag piece of trash who will exploit starving children in Africa for a photo opportunity, while wearing Cartier sun glasses and whatever else.

Also look up his ONE Foundation scandal, where this "charity" of his got in trouble for spending barely over 1% of their profits on actual charity. Terrible music, terrible human being

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I deleted their crappy “free” album from my iTunes library. Apple tries to force their “music” on everyone, but there is a tool to delete it now. Free is too expensive to own their crap.

edit on 2018/1/19 by Metallicus because: Sp

link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
I completely agree that he is horrible in every way.

But.

Trump. Bill. Hillary.

Can a thread exist here without these references anymore?

You missed triggered.

So, triggered.

You too hey??

link   
If this c#nt is so concerned about the state of the world why doesn't he pay his taxes.
edit on 19-1-2018 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

Trump. Bill. Hillary. Can a thread exist here without these references anymore?

Maybe in the Cryptozoology Forum?

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
I lost alot of respect for the Edge and U2 in general after years of virtue signaling and the Edge talking with Jimmy Page and Jack White about guitars.

I'm not a fan of White per se, but I left it with less respect for Edge than I had for White going into the video.

Jimmy Page.

Had a 14-15 year old "girlfriend" back in the day.
Well, "Great Balls of Fire", I guess it wasn't his cousin, though...
I guess the U.K. Had Arkansas rules for dating back then.

But yeah, As for U2, their early stuff was really good. Even Achtung, baby was a decent album. That was the last one, though. You can't flush a Bono.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
a reply to: Jefferton

Trump. Bill. Hillary. Can a thread exist here without these references anymore?

Maybe in the Cryptozoology Forum?

You obviously haven't read the Trumpacabra sightings threads.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   

U2 has been boring us for the last 30 years

Who?

edit on 19-1-2018 by MindBodySpiritComplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

Bono is also friends with George Soros' son, Alex (who is following in his father's footsteps).

Total scumbag piece of trash who will exploit starving children in Africa for a photo opportunity, while wearing Cartier sun glasses and whatever else.

Also look up his ONE Foundation scandal, where this "charity" of his got in trouble for spending barely over 1% of their profits on actual charity. Terrible music, terrible human being

Reminds me of Warren Buffet and Bill Gates each pledging $1 billion to develop Africa.
Imagine how much $2 billion would help in the US for schools, West Virginia people could all have shoes, etc.
But instead they chose to make a huge deal out of giving money to Africa...to open up new markets for their investments. Philanthropic my ass...

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger

I always wondered why Edge was included in that doc. Seemed like the odd man out. Page is obviously the master here, but White can hold his own and has a unique sound. The Edge? It seems he just play a couple chords and then endlessly tweaks it with hundreds of pedals/loops/amps/mixers etc. Not that impressed.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Willie Nelson thinks Trump is a dork. That's enough for me. Who's this Bono dude?

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Seems when the cold war ended, so did U2...

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   

The baseness of political debate, the jingoism, the atavistic fervor of Trump's verbiage reminded us that we were dreaming if we thought evolution applied to consciousness.'

What a load of horse snip.

U2 music sucks.

Bonos opinions SUCK.

And the reason anyone should listen to them is WHY ?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join