It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How about a monthly challenge?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Hi ATS, I love art, but have no skill.....

So I propose a monthly member's art challenge. You will not win anything but bragging rights, but I think it will be fun. The artist with the most stars will win.

Since February is a short month, And there is only a week or so left in January, let's start February now.

Draw your best snow scape....it can be based here on Earth, something you have seen, or use your imagination and make it a planet you dream of. Snow scape is the only requirement.

Sharpen your crayons../sarc..and go!
edit on 19-1-2018 by theatreboy because: I can't spell, either

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

Sounds like fun.Can it be computer generated digital art,as in,use my own photo for background and add elements+ then fx the image? Cuz that's my MO for making most of my online art.I can do from scratch real world palpable art too,just will have to get some paints after payday.I haz the drawing book but no wintery colour paints atm.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

To me, art is art, use your talents as you see fit.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Old piece of art by myself, originally painted using acrylic with some added light effects, can't beat a snow scape

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Is film making art?

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Cool
Will publish something on the weekend

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   

I had this work from the other day,based on a photo of an ibis outside my window.
edit on 19-1-2018 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-1-2018 by Raxoxane because: spelling - the "d" on my keyboard is effed

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I hate to blow my own horn, I am a brilliant artist and all.. Just ask anyone, they'll tell you.

this is a self portrait of me against a backdrop of snow. I never could smile.

don't ask me for personal work, I am too elitist. I wont ever do anyone else. I'd need $$$ because my time is just too important.

I know I know, I sound facetious.. but it is what it is.. real artists just have to be so.. but you can see why. Now, all of the other art you've seen here, obviously will not even compare, and I understand. But, I hold no shame. not all of us are brilliant. cest la vie..

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

Jeez, you and Zcustosmorum are wonderful.. snap..

I know people who do paper art (folding, she's awesome) and that pour painting, that is so random it's beautiful.

In seriousness, you both are great !!!

I wish I had an artistic bone in my body..

I can't even draw a stick, being a stick.. :/ lol

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Yes film, yes whatever....be creative, do your thing...this is about being free.

I write, i love challenges that give a topic or plot line, etc...what people come up with, is amazing to me.

This is about your art. Be you. There will only ever be 1 qualifier each month that you must adhear to. This month, snow scape.

Otherwise, please be you!

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

You really made my day with that...i do not think i could even be that "good"...

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Creativity the only thing that doesn't trigger endless debates, good idea

a reply to: olaru12
How silly of course it's Art!
edit on 0b32America/ChicagoFri, 19 Jan 2018 16:43:32 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoFri, 19 Jan 2018 16:43:32 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

Thank you badwolf,and hey i find that self portrait charming

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Nice suggestion, have been thinking about this as well. As there's a lot of us that want to contribute more but are not necessarily writers, art comes easier. This may give incentive for more participation to add in more creative means of communication. Art(Holiday related, etc) that did happen on the site rewarded stars by votes and applause for the winners. I wonder about an artist title(replacing "member" on the user profile), but it looks like the other forums that have the titles are now defunct?

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I wish I would have seen this challenge earlier.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1
Creativity the only thing that doesn't trigger endless debates, good idea

a reply to: olaru12
How silly of course it's Art!

Well then....

Here's a trailer for a longer film we made...and by "we" I mean cast and crew....

Thanks for this thread...I will be posting up our other films from time to time...any other film makers out there?

edit on 18-6-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join