It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obscurami

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 10:00 AM
link   
you all know about the Illuminati, but have any of you heard of the Obscurami? there is to my knowledge no information on the net, i have simply heard of them from unrelated sources.

any input?

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 10:19 AM
link   
He ex,

The Obscurami is actually a small cult that originated in Japan in the 1740's but was kicked out and most of the followers moved to France. They believe the Jews are the cause of problems in the world. Their main goal is to kill all of the Jews in the world... Hitler's Great- Uncle was a member. They're sort of like a pre-Nazi, Aryan Supremacist Group. I'm not sure if Hitler was actually involved with the Order.

I'd tell you guys my sources but I can't because it was in this book from like the 1960's that I read when I was in 7th grade and I don't even remember what it's called, That school had about half of the library destroyed in a flood last year, sry.

Tassadar

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 10:27 AM
link   
that's not the information i have accumulated from the past.

what i have heard is that the Obscurami is a secret collective of individual being/entities/people who are in constant disarray against the Illuminati. they were founded since the very early conception of the Illuminati - but this goes further back, since the early Babylonian mystery religions and Luciferanist cults.

all i can say without a doubt is that the Illuminati believe to be the "enlightened ones" or "light bearers" thus the symbolism involved with the Sun, Light and Lucifer... all referring to Illumination. also has relevance to Plato in more ways than one.

on the other hand the Obscurami is known to comparatively different from my earlier readings, they are considered to follow the path of darkness, meaning: only through total chaos/darkness can one emerge enlightened. it is believed that light is shrouding the truth around us, and that we live in fear of the dakr due to the Illuminati - and the ancient traditions involved with fear of the unknown/dark. in order to progress and evolve we must not fear the unknown but embrace it.

i can't unfortunately give any references, but will try to investigate further. as for Hitler being involved with it or it beginning in Japan i have never heard of this. but nevertheless thank you for sharing Tassadar.

[Edited on 1-7-2003 by exwunpi]

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I haven't heard of them until now but since you say something about darkness breeding Light well let me put in my two cents.

The light is best seen in the dark. Is it not???

Therefore the ideals they go by are not too far fetched. However if this is the real belief that they hold then it can be a dark one at that. For one doesn't have to be in the dark to see the Light, but it helps. Many times the Light is not strong enough when bathed in light. Only when Light baths dark, is Light all powerful.

When we flip a light switch after being in the dark for so long what do we do????

We squint. We strain. We look away. But after a while we can do nothing but focus on the light, right???

You mentioned Plato. I don't know who you were refering to when you mentioned Plato but it makes sense that one would follow Plato. For in the "Republic" we learn from the great Socrates that there is this Cave. In this Cave there is a light. Yet this light is no Light. It is only an illusion. A fabrication. A farce. The real Light is up above. The real Light is within. The real Light is that which was given to us by the One. That One beind none other than God.

You See???

[Edited on 1-7-2003 by Abraham Virtue]

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 11:04 AM
link   
yes i do understand this,

what i meant however was that they are for the search of truth through darkness, not Light. as for Plato when he was referring to the Sun as the ultimate beauty, truth, essence, harmony and so on... he didn't realise that there can be no absoulte truth - and he even illustrated this because the absolute is unobtainble, people can only acquire a glint of truth. but even this is a reflection.

the point of the Obscurami that i was trying to make clear is this: don't get too close to the flames or else you will blind yourself. take it as you will, i find it to be worth considering.

whetehr the Obscurami are evil or for good is yet to be known, they are if anything unknown as it is. and this is perhaps because they believe it is best to be as so.

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I am getting very interested in this group that you brought to light. I was wondering where you first heard of them and if you have any sources you can reveal???

If not when you find some then let me know. I will do the same for you.

Your Friend,
Abraham

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 11:12 AM
link   
thank you in respect Abraham, i shall attempt to scrounge up further details on them - however as i said it is hard to find information on them. although the information that i did uncover came from some books i read some time ago involving secret societies, and there was of course mention of the Illuminati as well as the myth of a counteracting force, the Obscurami and just a brief summarisation of their beliefs. this could all be legend or myth but that's how the Illuminati started off at first no? it's interesting all the same.

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 11:19 AM
link   
It is how they were found. Just as almost all things are found. All things are legend until one brings them to come about in one's own mind as real. For we can't see the future and know it's paths yet we know that it is there, even though we don't know anything about it but that which we wonder. Therefore we will just have to wait and see. My local library will open soon and in there I may find some info. Only time will tell............

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Hitler wanted the Jews eradicated because they upset the balance of his vision for the World.
He gassed freemasons for the same reason.
The Japanese totally agreed with Hitler's ideas. They were working hand in hand.

The Second World War could just have easily been a Japanese plan as a German one.

He was wrong.
Japan and Germany can see that now.

Obscurati = Extremists.

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 11:33 AM
link   
this is however irrelevant to the topic at hand. unless you mean to say there was some sort of connection, otherwise i don't understand your reasoning behind the inclusion of Hitler into the Obscurami.

also the correct translation of Obscurami/Obscurati = it obscures to you... or the way of the obscure/darkness

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Read the thread my friend.

The Obscurami is actually a small cult that originated in Japan in the 1740's but was kicked out and most of the followers moved to France. They believe the Jews are the cause of problems in the world. Their main goal is to kill all of the Jews in the world... Hitler's Great- Uncle was a member. They're sort of like a pre-Nazi, Aryan Supremacist Group. I'm not sure if Hitler was actually involved with the Order.

There is your answer.

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 11:37 AM
link   
yes i read Tassadar's above comment, but as i have pointed out there doesn't sem to be any source for there being a link to this seeing as i have already stated that the collective would have begun far before the 18th century and had not been concieved originally in Japan.

also the word Obscurami is not Japanese, it is much like Illuminati in respect to having originated from Latin.

thanks for your input either way.

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 11:38 AM
link   
There are still those that know about them.

users3.cgiforme.com...

Don't worry though. We outnumber them.

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 11:44 AM
link   
i fear nothing, for fear is merely a concept.

as i understand it that post came from a bmx forum, i don't find it too credible and it wouldn't make sense for anyone relating to or knowing about the Obscurami to post in such a forum.

if not the person is misguided or confused, and it basically shows in his post.

also i doubt we would outnumber anything, as humans we are unpreapred and highly conformed to our vices. this is why anything can truly dissolve us without our reaction. it makes no difference if we know or not, or whether we act or not. the fact is there is more to it than we can ever comprehend seeing as we are not in their position. of course this does not apply to the individual person, i merely refer to this as in a general collective sense.

posted on Jul, 4 2003 @ 01:40 PM
link   
yep i was gonna say obscurami is not a japanese word, so if it originated in japan, but has a latin name and japan was pretty much closed to foreigners back then....

posted on Jul, 4 2003 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tassadar
" They believe the Jews are the cause of problems in the world. Their main goal is to kill all of the Jews in the world. "

Originally posted by Abraham Virtue

Well I agree with the ideals of the Obscurami

What's wrong with you AV ?

posted on Jul, 4 2003 @ 05:00 PM
link   
X-1-P

This is good stuff.

You are on to something.

posted on Jul, 4 2003 @ 08:37 PM
link   
bloody hell how many times do i have to state this? there has been no connection invovled at all with it commencing in Japan as LookinInToIt put forward the word IS NOT Japanese, and there would have been no affiliation either way with Hitler, seeing as he was related to the Thule Order. also the whole jew thing came from some dumb BMX forum, which is hardly credible. the retard who posted that comment was probably referring to the Illuminati or came across the word some other way. anyway... i have found no fruther resources on the matter online so i can't put up any "evidence" that they exist or not - it could be all heresy in reality.

thanks MaskedAvatar i will try to put up more info when i can.

[Edited on 5-7-2003 by exwunpi]

new topics

top topics

join