It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Appointee Resigns After CNN Uncovers Slew of Offsensive Statements

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Again, I never called you names.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: YungMahn

Click here please

Perhaps you should read your own work.

P

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I have never even heard of this guy before. Good thing he resigned or well Trump would have fired him. So getting rid of this guy you think is a bad thing, or should have President Trump tried to let him stay on?

No matter what he does, no matter how well he is doing, which is very well by the way, you will never accept him. But thats okay.

Let us remember the good times.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96 Well actually when you say racist things in public you can be charged for infringing on others rights. Just sayin

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Only because fascists have made it that way.

What's the difference between Nazi book burning and charging someone over something they've said ?

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Trump Appointee Resigns After CNN Uncovers Slew of Offsensive Statements

Right people because Trump should hire only people the Trump haters agree with.

And you don't have the right to free speech.

You've only the right to say things Trump haters want to hear.

Are you really trying to spin this into a free speech issue? FFS. Is it that hard to admit that this guy is a total douche bag, should have resigned and move on? Do you have to come up with irrational untenable defenses for absolutely everything?

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Maybe they think alike?

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Are you really trying to spin this into a free speech issue?

There's no try.

Either a person has these civil liberties or they don't.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion,or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances

www.law.cornell.edu...

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

www.law.cornell.edu...

Equal protection.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

What are you even talking about? How has were his First Amendment rights infringed upon in the least? He broadcasted this crap on the airways. It was exposed. He resigned.

Now you're in some sort of tizzy trying to find a reason why this asshole is a victim.

Why?

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   

How has were his First Amendment rights infringed upon in the least?

The guy should SUE like county clerks over marriage licenses.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Huh? He should sue who and for what? You're making absolutely no sense. How long have you been awake?

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Do you defend hate speech?

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
I like Democrat's less every week.

Guess what, the entire core of the American economy lost their jobs and pissed off more about that then this trust me.

What do Dems have to do with this story? Trump has THE highest turnover quit/fire rate of any other U.S. president. Look it up it's at almost 35%.

It was also a Dem who got this economy out of the worst unemployment rate since THE GREAT DEPRESSION when he took office after Republican Bush Jr ran the economy into the ground. Did you forget That?

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   
After the WORLD found of one Hillary Clinton's treachery , she ran for President..

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   
ALOT, Reading a book that can be read in silence and spreads knowledge be it good or bad is not infringement on ones right. Speaking out loud can cause a lot of damage mostly due to ones age or just being a cry baby. Now it would seem that he said these comments in private but shot himself in the foot cause someone wrote it down or recorded it and gave it to the MSM. If he was a nobody there would be no story. But since it was made public he has lost his current career. But because it was private he broke no laws.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Do you defend hate speech?

That famous leftist did.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Exactly.

When im falsely accused i fight to clear my name. The name i was given wasnt worth a damn. Ive polished it up nicely and wont tolerate any tarnish

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Still waiting for you to explain who he should sue and why.

He said this stuff in broadcasts of a radio show. It's immediately in the public domain. He was so passionate about these opinions that he was compelled to share them with the world. The government didn't censor him. In no way were his First Amendment rights violated.

Later, somebody went through recordings of his radio show, found the statements and shared them.

He resigned in disgrace as he should have.

So tell me:

1. How were his rights infringed?
2. Who should he sue?
3. What should he sue for?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join