It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Source of the Political Divide is Not The President

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Wisdom Supersedes Political Divide.....

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Anyone who believes this false media narrative must be pretty young or just super gullible. US politics got hyper-partisan a long time ago. You used to just disagree on the political issue but now it's more personal. The abortion issue is a good example: If you're pro-life, pro-choice folks say you want to oppress women. If you're pro-choice, pro-life folks say you support murder.

How are you supposed to have a civil discussion at that point? And how did Trump cause it?

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Though I've felt you are becoming more and more bias and distracted by the MSM propaganda as of the last year or so, I do agree with you here.

The MSM molds the public's thinking and leads them into whatever direction they choose to take the herd.

And yes, it's certainly the MSM that created our current state of division by spreading mostly lies and half truths designed to divide.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   

I've become convinced over the last few years that the MSM has become possibly the most dangerous enemy our nation has ever faced, the absolute certainty of belief they are able to instill in the closed minded people out there poses a far greater threat to our future and our freedom than any external enemy that I'm aware of. This thread came at a synchronous moment for me so I'd like to share what I was reading just before I read this op.

"Q !UW.yye1fxo 01/19/18 (Fri) 16:53:00 No.44

Why are we here?

Why are we providing crumbs?

Think MEMO.

BUILDING THE ARMY.

Not convinced this is spreading?

You, the PEOPLE, have THE POWER.

You, the PEOPLE, just forgot how to PLAY.

TOGETHER you are STRONG.

APART you are weak.

THEY WANT YOU DIVIDED.

THEY WANT RACE WARS.

THEY WANT CLASS WARS.

THEY WANT RELIGIOUS WARS.

THEY WANT POLITICAL WARS.

THEY WANT YOU DIVIDED!

LEARN!

FOR GOD & COUNTRY - LEARN!

STAY STRONG.

STAY TOGETHER.

FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT.

This is more important than you can imagine.

Q"

Anyways thanks OP it's time for the great awakening and the age of enlightenment to begin. Namaste.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Though I've felt you are becoming more and more bias and distracted by the MSM propaganda as of the last year or so, I do agree with you here.

When people push down on one side of the scale, one has a duty to step down on the other.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

The media is a proxy of the CIA, via the repeal of Smith Mundt.

If the media is dividing us, its the CIA doing it. Because our government gave themselves permission to do this.

Meanwhile, the American populace seems raucous...but are really a scared, yappy little chihuahua. If we had the balls we like to pretend we do, we'd never tolerate our government openly admitting its ok to have our media tell us lies on their behalf.

And then be dumb enough to argue with each other over it.

you realize it was the last admin that made it legal for the govt to dispense propaganda to the populace? look into the "countering foreign propaganda and disinformation act" i blared the horn loud and clear for everyone i know and not one democrat gave a rats a$$ about it. thats only half of the equation that the previous admin pushed through aswell. ill let u dig for the other half if u want to be informed. funny how the people crying the loudest about trump were content when obama did it.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Why is everything the media's fault? If Trump is not the reason that the country is divided, then surely it's not the media's fault either.

Also if it is the medias fault then we need to blame Fox news and other right wing news sites as well, correct? Or is it just the ones that dont conform to what you want, and the ones that dont fawn over the president?

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ProfChuKu

Why is everything the media's fault? If Trump is not the reason that the country is divided, then surely it's not the media's fault either.

Also if it is the medias fault then we need to blame Fox news and other right wing news sites as well, correct? Or is it just the ones that dont conform to what you want, and the ones that dont fawn over the president?

if he says it is all news sources which i would bet he does, then whats your answer? we give fox 10% of the blame or so? not sure if youve noticed but up until this election for decades 4 out of 5 media outlets were left leaning and all had an identical voice and stance without any deviation from one another.
edit on 19-1-2018 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ProfChuKu

I'm speaking strictly about the political divide, not everything.

Its the media's fault for the reasons I stated in my OP. The misrepresentation, the misinformation, the propaganda, has pitted citizen against fellow citizen. It has gotten to the point that people were dreading Thanksgiving dinner because of politics.

How Donald Trump ruined thanksgiving.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Excellent post well said. But you forgot to mention that Presidents have never had a major media presence till Trump.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: SCG20
Excellent post well said. But you forgot to mention that Presidents have never had a major media presence till Trump.

the previous admin was covered pretty heavily by the media. remember all the positive talk about obama using a blackberry as if that was some important requirement for a president. only difference i noticed was the media lost their collective ish and went full re....

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

Cool, it's the way forward! For some peace of mind at least... For when you really want to reject the hypodermic syringe that is the news (and advertising, even if that one is a little harder to escape).

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: markymint

My entertaunment is set up so I can watch w/o commercials and how/when I want to watch it. TV, computer, tablet, smartphone and I pay way less than when I had cable. There cable station owners are clueless to their viewing audience. Roku and AppleTY are the new cable boxes and offer their own content. Cable owners should have made a deal with them. Now original series on Netflix and Amazon are taking over.

I still have an HD over the air antenna and last time I watched there were 12 commercials in a row during one show! That's why I rarely watch live TV. It's insane. I can hardly follow the show with 12 commercials at one time breaking my viewing of a show.
edit on 20-1-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 02:20 AM
link   
the last man who never did anything wrong ever walked on water. i wonder if some people here think Trump can walk on water.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 05:53 AM
link   

The political divide is the American people against the globalists. The dems have been totally compromised by the globalist agenda. Hence their open borders, unfettered immigration stance. That's why there is so much hostility towards a president with an "America First" platform. Not to worry though, this is not lost on millions of voters. Its why Trump won. In reality we need Trump X10. End the federal reserve, reset the debt. go back to a gold standard, and jail these people who have been selling out our country for decades. And have a clearly defined border that is enforceable.

edit on 20-1-2018 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 06:09 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

It appears in trying to take the blame for division off of Trump, claiming such thinking is magical and akin to parting of seas, you have contradicted yourself in applying similar thinking in blaming the media instead.

The media cannot part seas either.

You are using the same logic as those blaming Trump for division, except your target is the media.

Regardless, it fails right off the bat in consistency and basic logic.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

It appears in trying to take the blame for division off of Trump, claiming such thinking is magical and akin to parting of seas, you have contradicted yourself in applying similar thinking in blaming the media instead.

You are using the same logic as those blaming Trump for division, except your target is the media.

Except I argued my case, all of which you dismiss with a mealy-mouthed handwave.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: introvert

Except I argued my case, all of which you dismiss with a mealy-mouthed handwave.

Yes, I know you argued your case. In doing so you have contradicted yourself, attributing magical powers to the media while accusing others of applying a similar illogical standard to Trump.

While your OP may resonate to those that are mesmerized by verbose irrelevance, much like a monkey fascinated with a shiny metal object, the fact remains that it appears you used an "I know you are but what am I"-type of argument.

And perhaps you do not know what mealy-mouthed means. I was not reluctant to speak bluntly in any manner.
edit on 20-1-2018 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
The population is the responsible of his own division.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join