It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Source of the Political Divide is Not The President

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkeptiSchism
Meanwhile the banks and wall street financiers continue to loot the public at will.

Yep and the media sells us immigrants are the problem and people believe it, which is bizarre as it doesn't take a huge amount of grey matter to figure out lack of money and disparity are the main causes of our current civilisations issues.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
According to the same study, 95% of adults say they follow the news regularly, and 56% say that they are stressed by doing so. But the tides are turning. A whopping 72% believe the media blows things out of proportion. According to a recent study by the Knight Foundation, "American's perceptions of the news media are generally negative, and their perceptions of bias have grown considerably from a generation ago. A majority cannot name an objective news source. Let's see how they contort reality to blame that one on Trump.

The polling you posted I'm sure is accurate but I disagree with your conclusion. Most of the media companies are owned by Republicans. The owner really don't care about blaming Trump as if it were some kind of left wing media conspiracy. You have it all wrong. It's all about making money. And if blaming Trump makes money they are going to say it. You assumption that the media has a left wing bias is all wrong in my opinion. The media companies would have goose stepping Illinois Nazies marching 24-hour per day if it made the most money. It's all about money.

If the media were truly left-wing they would have TV shows organizing strikes. They would be more critical of corporations. But they are not. They are complicit.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I think the source of the political divide is people who think they are always "right" and their own opinions are "facts".

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

As always, well thought out and expressed observation of what is going on.

It would almost seem as if the never Trump crowd wants President Trump to fail, even if it means the failure of the U.S. That is why they are so angry. He isn't failing. Everything he is doing is actually working for our economy and the betterment of the citizens.

We have read what the left thought would do to our economy.

www.vanityfair.com...

MORE THAN 1,000 ECONOMISTS AGREE: THIS TRUMP POLICY WILL BE A DISASTER

And then we read this week.

thehill.com...

Economists agree: Trump, not Obama, gets credit for economy

So which way is it? The left said that Trump will be disastrous for our economy, but now they want to give Obama credit for that same economy. lol. I just want to put them in a round room and tell them to go pee in a corner, because all it seems they do is walk around in the same circle, but expect to arrive at a different location outside of the circle. Insane.

Notice your second source is OPINION. I have noticed a great many people dont seem to notice the difference between opinion/editoral sections and News section of news groups.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Their opinioms ARE facts told to them by media personalities

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

Notice your second source is OPINION.

Yeah, the opinion of those 40 economists. That is all economists can do.

I have noticed a great many people dont seem to notice the difference between opinion/editoral sections and News section of news groups.

I have noticed that almost all of them are opinions, even the news sections. What of it?

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

According to the same study, 95% of adults say they follow the news regularly, and 56% say that they are stressed by doing so. But the tides are turning. A whopping 72% believe the media blows things out of proportion. According to a recent study by the Knight Foundation, "American's perceptions of the news media are generally negative, and their perceptions of bias have grown considerably from a generation ago. A majority cannot name an objective news source. Let's see how they contort reality to blame that one on Trump.

The polling you posted I'm sure is accurate but I disagree with your conclusion. Most of the media companies are owned by Republicans. The owner really don't care about blaming Trump as if it were some kind of left wing media conspiracy. You have it all wrong. It's all about making money. And if blaming Trump makes money they are going to say it. You assumption that the media has a left wing bias is all wrong in my opinion. The media companies would have goose stepping Illinois Nazies marching 24-hour per day if it made the most money. It's all about money.

If the media were truly left-wing they would have TV shows organizing strikes. They would be more critical of corporations. But they are not. They are complicit.

I was quoting the study. Most of it is verbatim. It’s just that I forgot a quotation mark.

“American's perceptions of the news media are generally negative, and their perceptions of bias have grown considerably from a generation ago. A majority cannot name an objective news source.”

That’s the media’s fault.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn

I do hope you are writing from a platform that has more viewers than ATS. You insight and way with words is pure gold for those searching for truth.

I agree, that was a wonderfully crafted and accurate opening post. Wish I could give 10 stars!

Was the country "divided" under Obama? How about Bush? I don't think it magically happened around 2016.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Great Post Sir ! The FACTS Do Not Lie .

"American's perceptions of the news media are generally negative, and their perceptions of bias have grown considerably from a generation ago. A majority cannot name an objective news source. Let's see how they contort reality to blame that one on Trump.

If it Looks Like a Turd , and Smells like a Turd , Chances Are it is One .

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I blame mainstream right-wing media for more or less ruining my relationship with my father.
He is a hard working man and has earned enough wealth to take care of himself and his family.
All he watches on his television is FOX news.
He is an intelligent man...it makes me sad that he is so duped by their nonsense.
I consider myself apolitical.
Neither lefty nor right. I watch as little mainstream media as possible.
But sometimes when at his home and the FOX is blaring at 100 decibels, I hold my silence and leave in short order.
If I point out that this all propagandistic nonsense, I get something like...
"Why don't you go watch that commie # on CNN. You ain't gone queer on me have you?"
Maybe he'll come around someday. That would be cool.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 04:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: YungMahn
...yes, yes it is. No matter how you try and spin it, it is. His reactionary methods and loudmouth way of going about things is extremely divisive. He also deals in absolutes. Trumpites continue to divide this country more and more each day.

Funny you should say that, because the only people I see dividing anyone are those categorizing people into different groups of victims.

I see baby 1%'ers at universities all over the country... 1%'ers in training..... of all races, colors and genders.. holding signs and chanting.... preaching the evils of the very thing they have spent their life prepping for.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Yet the right had no problem blaming Obama for the divide when it was them who was creating this divide.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

can you source the media owners political affiliation please.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I blame mainstream right-wing media for more or less ruining my relationship with my father.
He is a hard working man and has earned enough wealth to take care of himself and his family.
All he watches on his television is FOX news.
He is an intelligent man...it makes me sad that he is so duped by their nonsense.
I consider myself apolitical.
Neither lefty nor right. I watch as little mainstream media as possible.
But sometimes when at his home and the FOX is blaring at 100 decibels, I hold my silence and leave in short order.
If I point out that this all propagandistic nonsense, I get something like...
"Why don't you go watch that commie # on CNN. You ain't gone queer on me have you?"
Maybe he'll come around someday. That would be cool.

turn him on to the real truth over on CNN. If you can't see that they are all full of #, you are missing the bigger picture. Fox included.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Is trump the source??

No

50 gallon barrel of gAsoline thrown on an already raging campfire???

Absolutely!

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   
A good summation, thanks for the well written post.

I'd agree. I'd challenge anyone to stop watching/reading the news a couple weeks and tell me you didn't feel a little better over that time. I dip in every now and again, but since making a point of ignoring it, I've found my productivity has increased, my mind feels a lot less pressured and I'm able to focus on the problems in front of me and not those of the world a lot better. You don't have to shut it out completely, you know, just get an update once a week or something.

News is to some people what nicotine is to me... My parents attitudes and outlook are shaped by the news they read every morning and watch every evening. And it's kind of horrible to watch, to think people can become so shaped by it, bent and twisted from it.

Put the news down and pick yourself up. Especially if you have depression. Remove the news as a number 1 priority. You can expect to feel a great weight lifted from the first night that you do. S&F!
edit on 19-1-2018 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: markymint
“If you just didn’t know what was going on. Then you would be fine.. “

Not sure if you realize that is the logical conclusion.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Absolutely. I'd assume most of us know who's going to be adorning the front page of every MSM news site on an almost daily basis. So now I don't know what's going on, and I am feeling fine
Ignorance truly is bliss, and so sayeth my White Russian.

The presi---BICKER BICKER BICKER BICKER!!!!
New government policy that---BICKER BICKER BICKER BICKER BICKER!!!
Israel---BICKER BICKER BICKER BICKER!!!

BICKER. Bicker mother #er. That's politics, and you love it. Bickering. Bickery bickering bloody bickerage. Have fun with that, I've got other # to do, etc etc

(that's not aimed at you JoshuaCox lol, just something I was thinking about today, all the bickering and oh how I don't care beyond it making a good comedy sketch)
edit on 19-1-2018 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
"The Big Divide"

Obama-Clinton-DNC with all their tricks are the reasons

Then comes the "paid-for" MSM and all their trash

All out in the open now.

Of course the #releasethememo surveillance fed to media by corrupt officials feed into this divide on purpose. Choas reigns and they can control us better.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: markymint

I dropped cable altogether and bought an AppleTV (one time purchase of $149 USD) with Netflix and Hulu for less than my cable bill per month (Netflix $9USD/mo. and Hulu $9USD/mo.). Oh, I watch YouTube a lot too. I don't miss the propaganda commercials either and I watch things on my timeline, not when it airs. And I don't have to have DVR'd anything or bother with any recording.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join