It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FISA ‘Info Suggests Documents Catastrophically Bad For Dems’: Adam Schiff Leaks Dry Up

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

In more than 150 pages of testimony released by the House Intelligence Committee on Thursday, Glenn Simpson, the co-founder of the firm behind the so-called “Steele dossier,” alleged a constellation of business deals that he said suggested the Russians could be laundering money through then-candidate Donald Trump.

Bull SNIP

Steele/Simpson is NOT a forensic accountant.

To date not a single one of those has been interviewed.

It looks like some people are doing everything they can to keep this alive.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I really really wish that I didn't feel on the side of Trump and conservatives on the Russia hysteria and Fusion GPS. I really wish I didn't feel that it was a partisan political hatchet job, perpetrated not just by Democratic leadership but also numerous complicit media heads. I wish, truly, that these realizations didn't make me further disillusioned with the Democratic Party, the party that up through most of Obama's tenure I was a major supporter of.

I've been very surprised to find myself on this side of things.

a reply to: Xcathdra

edit on 18-1-2018 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

Welcome to the dark side.

May the farce be with you.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Republican or Democrat.. it does not matter.

If people broke the law charge em and send em to prison.

I will say the FISA re authorization needs to be stopped until adequate safeguards are put in place.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Congress passed the bill to renew FISA for another 6 years. If Trump signs it then what does it matter. *shrugs*

Same s**t, different president.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Just listen to Gaetz and he called out the Deep State in another video.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   

a reply to: GuidedKill

If the government doesn't spy on us, The democrats will hire a corporate gun(Fusion GPS) to.

Or have Republicans like Bush pass the Patriot Act to spy on us, and faux-liberals support continuations and extensions of it, including mass surveillance.
edit on 18-1-2018 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Republican or Democrat.. it does not matter.

If people broke the law charge em and send em to prison.

I will say the FISA re authorization needs to be stopped until adequate safeguards are put in place.

Of course. I'm just relating personal feelings as a liberal and being angry with the Democrats right now.

Yes, we need to root out corruption and abuse in our government across the board. Not on a partisan basis.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Ahem.

Biden himself draws parallels between his 1995 bill and its 2001 cousin. “I drafted a terrorism bill after the Oklahoma City bombing. And the bill John Ashcroft sent up was my bill,” he said when the Patriot Act was being debated, according to the New Republic, which described him as “the Democratic Party’s de facto spokesman on the war against terrorism.”

What is read can not be unread.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Haha. Thanks. If anything, it's helping me be less partisan and seeing where the left needs improvement too.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14
I really really wish that I didn't feel on the side of Trump and conservatives on the Russia hysteria and Fusion GPS. I really wish I didn't feel that it was a partisan political hatchet job, perpetrated not just by Democratic leadership but also numerous complicit media heads. I wish, truly, that these realizations didn't make me further disillusioned with the Democratic Party, the party that up through most of Obama's tenure I was a major supporter of.

This should anger Americans beyond party lines.. only ones not furious are the Alt-Left and never trumpers...

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   

In more than 150 pages of testimony released by the House Intelligence Committee on Thursday, Glenn Simpson, the co-founder of the firm behind the so-called “Steele dossier,” alleged a constellation of business deals that he said suggested the Russians could be laundering money through then-candidate Donald Trump.

Bull SNIP

Steele/Simpson is NOT a forensic accountant.

To date not a single one of those has been interviewed.

It looks like some people are doing everything they can to keep this alive.

I can't find the article where I saw this right now, but one of the Democrats on the committee (not Schiff) said that Simpson offered no evidence to support his claims. He also accused the NRA of funneling Russian money to Trump, which is so absurd it actually made me laugh.

Isn't Simpson the guy who claimed people have been killed over the Dossier? That story has changed a couple of times. A week or so ago, he said that he's pretty sure someone was killed, but can't name anyone specific. Now just recently he mentioned the Russians that were "purged" a while ago, but then admitted that as far as he knows none of them were involved with the Dossier. Honestly my read of Glen Simpson has him about as reliable as a crackhead.
edit on 18-1-2018 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Sara A. Carter
‏Verified account @SaraCarterDC
22m22 minutes ago

I was told by a congressional source that “roughly 50 to 60 Congressional members viewed the House Intelligence Committee #FISAabuse report” and many are calling to #ReleaseTheDocuments

Steve King
‏Verified account @SteveKingIA
1h1 hour ago

I have read the memo. The sickening reality has set in. I no longer hold out hope there is an innocent explanation for the information the public has seen. I have long said it is worse than Watergate. It was #neverTrump & #alwaysHillary. #releasethememo

edit on 18-1-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
It's hard to believe that an entrenched, multi-generational swamp that's 100,000 employees strong, would fear one man who had ZERO experience in government. Did they think that businessman Donald Trump was THAT good?

No, they knew there was so much illegal activity anyone honest could get them on something.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
The list of people who saw the memo and demand its release is growing by the minute. Dem's are either silent or tweeting worthless garbage as a distraction btw.

It will be released. Trump can release it all by himself. It is just better optics if congress does it.

But make no mistake - it will be released one way or another.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   
This is big. I read the tweets from at least 10 different congress members who viewed the memo and they are all saying the same thing. Sorry my american brothers and sisters but your wake up call has arrived.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Steve King
1h1 hour ago

I have read the memo. The sickening reality has set in. I no longer hold out hope there is an innocent explanation for the information the public has seen. I have long said it is worse than Watergate. It was #neverTrump & #alwaysHillary. #releasethememo

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

You should not feel bad about it. The only way corruption is stopped is when it is exposed.

No matter who is corrupt you should be happy when they are caught, otherwise we wind up in a banana republic.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   
So if this memo is made public, and is as shocking as is being claimed, here are some of the responses we may see.

1. Its not that big of a deal because the dossier is all true, and steele is a very trusted source, so its ok if it was used for fisa.

2. There is probably other evidence showing trumps wrong doing, so none of this matters.

3. Who cares if its shady. Trump is so terrible that these people should have used any means necessary to keep him out.

4. Obama didnt have any connection to this whatsoever.

5. It was just person X or why that did wrong, therefore this doesnt change anything.

6. Hillary and the dnc were not connected in this, they had no idea.

7. The media were correct not to cover this because its not that big of a deal.

8. Although this is bad, it pales in comparison to trump stealing election with Russia.

9. Nunes is connected to this, so none of it is believable.

10. This is a distraction fro trump being racist.

These were just a few possible responses I can imagine, some more legitimate than others.

However, I feel that ultimately they all will fall flat if the memo shows the amount of corruption alleged.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Steve King
1h1 hour ago

Yeah there is something in the memo that has them all worried. I guess Nunes found the battle plan of the russian collusion and they are all freaking out because most of them believed it for so long.

new topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join