It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FISA ‘Info Suggests Documents Catastrophically Bad For Dems’: Adam Schiff Leaks Dry Up

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   
With all this going on, best keep your eyes peeled.

How often have things like this lead to a very much headline sweeping mass tragedy false flag?!?!?!

Heads on a swivel, folks.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Democrats are now starting their campaign on the FISA memo. They are claiming its fake Russian propaganda being used to brainwash people.

Also Twitter messed with their algorithms again. #releasethememo, which trended to #1 last night, is now completely missing from their trending list.

Rep. Eric Swalwell‏Verified account @RepSwalwell

Dear @housegop: When Russian bots & Wikileaks are cheering your brainwashing #TrumpRussia memo, you should ask yourself whose bidding are you really doing.

Tells me Democrats are running scared and are desperately clinging to the failed debunked russia narrative.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Heh, sad but true.

Look at Tony Podesta. He even suddenly stepped down from his cushy CEO chair after decades and the Podesta Group itself closed for good in November '17. By any and all accounts, he engaged in exactly the same criminal acts as Paul Manafort and Rick Gates, yet by all appearances has avoided any legal action.

It is the double standard in play. Really upsetting to see the entire system and everything good about it being tarnished over the actions of a few corrupt POS.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Also Twitter messed with their algorithms again. #releasethememo, which trended to #1 last night, is now completely missing from their trending list.

Someone in another thread noted this as well and I took a look at that hashtag. That was perhaps 3 hours ago. Since then, the hashtag has has had 3378...make that 3391 tweets.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   

This is terrible. These people were so thoroughly and completely duped, yet it was so easy since they so badly wanted to believe this. From the very beginning, they latched on to this theory as a way of explaining Clinton's defeat. Instead of admitting Clinton was paying tech-type companies to manipulate polls (along with her friends in MSM), they'd rather believe the polls were infallible and some murky/undefined "hacking/rigging" was to blame instead of their candidate. Clinton is a provably #ty candidate. She had lost every Presidential bid in the past, becoming sort of a Bob Dole type candidate (always running but never earning the nomination or earning the Presidency)

These Dems would rather believe in the ability of mere "propaganda" to instantly brainwash/interfere/manipulate than to address the reality that it is they themselves who are a victim of a massive information warfare campaign. Only it isn't Trump or "the Russians" who are using them, but their own party.

Sad to see it XC, very sad day for a decent chunk of our population

Thanks for bringing these kind of topics up

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

Someone in another thread noted this as well and I took a look at that hashtag. That was perhaps 3 hours ago. Since then, the hashtag has has had 3378...make that 3391 tweets.

"Q" has repeatedly emphasised how important "We The People" will be in getting this document, and other things released.

The government is owned by us, dammit. If we want something, GIVE IT UP!!

edit on 1/19/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Just got a pop-up on my Android from Google News, telling me to beware of #ReleaseTheMemo, because RUSSIANS are behind it.

Sh!t must be getting closer to the fan blades now!

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Just got a pop-up on my Android from Google News, telling me to beware of #ReleaseTheMemo, because RUSSIANS are behind it.

Sh!t must be getting closer to the fan blades now!

Probably the false flag Q was talking about... All Russia all the time.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   
The Wa Po has just put up an article which claims
A Senior Committee official has given them info.

washington post

Sounds like Adam Schiff. So this is the first leak that I can find...
You can pretty much tell it is from a Democart because they are
downplaying The Memo. To be expected I guess...

However, the "official" claims that the memo contains
The smoking gun in that Steele lied to the FBI and it
was indeed his lie was used to obtain the Warrant.

Wow, how could anyone defend this?

edit on 19-1-2018 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

"Q" has repeatedly emphasised how important "We The People" will be in getting this document, and other things released.

The government is owned by us, dammit. If we want something, GIVE IT UP!!

No truer words have been spoken!! We the people demand to know the truth. No matter if it hurts our political feelings.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Twitter likes to engage in topic suppression against anything that looks bad for Dems. They don't deny it either. Nor do they deny total lack of accountability RE: Twitter moderation. The frequently abuse administrative rights to suppress topics they personally dislike. Even when they only respond to complaints, the Twitter admin is still going to handle it according to their own personal biases and opinions.

I would never use face book or Twitter for that matter. Not after 2013 revelations that is for sure

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Oh, I know.

Not only twitter and facebook, but reddit as well.

If these people had actual arguments upon which to stand, they would not have to engage in these nefarious activities to make themselves and those they support appear legitimate. But no, they are always trying to massage the optics so that things look just right.

Never mind that they are rotten to the core.

3600 tweet now.
edit on 19-1-2018 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

Hmm... the article appears to be down?

www.washingtonpost.com... /

Or is it just me?

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

Hmm... the article appears to be down?

www.washingtonpost.com... /

Or is it just me?

You have to quote that post and then copy the link to get it to work correctly.. It is malformed in her/his post.

www.washingtonpost.com... -a3614530bd87_story.html?utm_term=.8098b30a2521
edit on 19-1-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Amen to that jaded!

It is terrible to see how pervasive their nefarious anti-American agenda really is. It extended into hundreds of spheres of influence and had so thoroughly manipulated a large part of the Dem base.

The silver lining is the fact that THE MEMO how now supplanted/invalidated the dossier. I can see the fake dossier being relegated to somewhere it belongs: the garbage can with every other campaign political hit-job piece
edit on 1/19/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

link   
The Washington Compost never ceases to amaze at the lengths they will go to hide the truth.

A document described by House Republicans as a top-secret memo about surveillance “abuse” contains talking points focused on discrediting Fusion GPS, the firm that hired a British ex-spy to compile intelligence reports about alleged connections between President Trump’s associates and the Kremlin, according to people who have read it.

It suggests the former spy, Christopher Steele, lied to FBI agents who interviewed him during their probe of the 2016 election and that this purported lie was included in a successful application for a federal court order to conduct electronic surveillance on Trump campaign adviser Carter Page, said these individuals, who spoke on the condition of anonymity citing the material’s sensitivity.

The document was produced by the House Intelligence Committee’s GOP majority, which voted Thursday to make it available to the entire House membership, though not to the public. The panel’s Democrats all opposed the move.

In a statement issued Thursday, the committee’s ranking member, Rep. Adam B. Schiff (D-Calif.), called the document “profoundly misleading,” saying it was “drafted by Republican staff attacking the FBI.” He did not discuss the document’s contents.

“Rife with factual inaccuracies and referencing highly classified materials that most Republican Intelligence Committee members were forced to acknowledge they had never read, this is meant only to give Republican House members a distorted view of the FBI,” Schiff said. “This may help carry White House water, but it is a deep disservice to our law enforcement professionals.”

Conservative Republicans are increasingly calling for the document’s public release after first declaring it should remain classified. Several have taken to social media, conservative television and radio outlets, and even the House floor to demand the public be able to see what they’ve read.

“Americans deserve the truth,” said Rep. Mark Meadows (R-N.C.), the head of the House Freedom Caucus. The hashtag #ReleaseTheMemo trended shortly after Meadows and other House conservatives tweeted it.

According to Hamilton 68, which tracks Russian-linked Twitter accounts, #ReleaseTheMemo was the top hashtag being promoted Thursday and Friday.

Rep. K. Michael Conaway (R-Tex.), who heads the committee’s probe of Russian meddling in the 2016 election, described the memo as a list of “problems we have discovered with FISA,” which is short for the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act, the law governing surveillance of foreign agents and the collection of foreign intelligence on U.S. soil.

A senior committee official, who was not authorized to speak on the record, said the talking points, which were based on classified material made available to the committee by the FBI and the Justice Department mischaracterize the work of the intelligence community and law enforcement “in a way that is damaging as well as false.”

One of the document’s talking points suggests that the government’s application for a wiretap order on Page includes a reference to Steele assuring the FBI he did not speak to reporters about the allegations of collusion between Trump associates and Russia — although Steele later acknowledged in a separate civil suit that he had talked to reporters before the 2016 election, said the individuals familiar with the document.

Current and former law enforcement officials have said the surveillance application relied on far more information than just Steele’s research.

[Feud over Trump dossier intensifies with release of interview transcript]

In testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee, Glenn Simpson, Fusion GPS co-founder, said the FBI had other sources offering information about possible Russian interference in the U.S. election who raised concerns similar to Steele’s, according to a transcript released this month.

“We all know [the Republicans] are engaged in complete and total warfare against the FBI,” said the committee official, who did not discuss the memo’s contents. “They’re trying to tie all of that to Fusion GPS and Christopher Steele as some unholy seed.”

In conservative media, the document has already renewed pundits’ calls for special counsel Robert S. Mueller III, who has taken over the FBI’s probe, to shut down his investigation. On Thursday, Sean Hannity opened his Fox News show by declaringthe memo’s contents would end the probe.

“I have a message tonight for the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III: Your witch hunt is now over,” said Hannity. “Time to close the doors.”

The talking points have nothing to do with Section 702, a controversial surveillance power that Congress just voted to renew, said individuals familiar with the content. But some lawmakers who opposed renewing the program without stronger privacy protections sought to use the document to urge Trump to delay signing the bill into law. “I believe that the information that is contained in the top-secret memo would have been critical to know before the reauthorization,” said Rep. Ted Poe (R-Texas).

The Finance 202 newsletter

Your daily guide to where Wall Street meets Washington.

On Friday afternoon, Trump rebuked the Section 702 critics, tweeting that he had just signed the renewal. “This is NOT the same FISA law that was so wrongly abused during the election,” he said on Twitter , referencing conservatives’ claims of surveillance abuse.

The House Intelligence Commitee official called such claims “irresponsible — a way of poisoning the well” of Mueller’s probe.

David Weigel and Erica Werner contributed to this report.

link   
a reply to: JBurns

I fixed the link.

It is up! The DOJ should pursue the leaker with the full
force of the law.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   

" but it is a deep disservice to our law enforcement professionals.”

Schiff has no idea what the hell he is talking about as usual

What is a REAL disservice is seeing the rule of law being abused against a political enemy. Seeing rogue agents destroy the legitimacy and credibility of some of our most revered institutions of justice and witnessing a major political party devolve to outright lies and fabrications. I never thought I would see any of this in my life time

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   

It doesnt really tell us anything we dont already know.

Looks like the Dems got their talking points -

Ken Dilanian‏Verified account @KenDilanianNBC

Russian propagandists and House Republicans have joined together to embrace #releasethememo.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Thanks BTS

Agreed. These types of casual leaks are unacceptable. IMO Schiff is in seditious conspiracy territory. He is using knowingly false information to provoke attacks against the legitimacy of this country and its duly elected/seated government.

Once this document is out, POTUS should unilaterally close all inquiries into Russia and start working on sucking up for better relations. Every bit of action we've taken against them has been in BS, and a slap in the face to a country who had been looking forward to improving relations. Time to end this ridiculous spending/posturing against a non-enemy.

As I read on Fox the other night, we control the government. Senate needs to get over the filibuster, and start passing OUR WILL with a simple majority. If the Dems ever somehow got back into power the filibuster would be gone minute-1, so what the hell is McConnell waiting for?

Screw the Democrats. We don't need them on board to run our country. Time to stop letting them obstruct and call the shots. They don't want a deal on DACA? Fine. Republicans need to pass a law and get POTUS's signature - simple majority, no Dems required. They'll learn quick that either get a voice at the table (of course not a Veto, though) or they'll get nothing. Either way, we need to take the reigns and start fixing this country. Congress needs to stop fighting its own internal battles, and start carrying out our will.

For instance, the hearing protection act? Stop letting Dems control the narrative. How about national reciprocity? Again stop letting Dems control congress. They are the minority party, and did not win enough seats/WH to have any real influence. Shame on them, but that isn't really our problem.

We also need to primary as many RINOs as possible in 2018. If our current congress won't enact our sovereign will, then we must elect those who will.

We must not squander this golden opportunity to affect truly meaningful change. If we do, I feel we will never get the chance back.
edit on 1/19/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join