It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FISA ‘Info Suggests Documents Catastrophically Bad For Dems’: Adam Schiff Leaks Dry Up

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill

originally posted by: Greven

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: luthier

Chad Pergram

@ChadPergram

Fox is told that while the Intel Cmte voted in favor of the Simpson transcript, Democrats blocked the release of other documents. The committee has also voted on a motion by Rep. Pete King (R-NY) to make available to all House members a memo documenting abuse of the FISA program.
10:08 AM - Jan 18, 2018

Major development in House Intel Committee *after* vote to release Glenn Simpson transcript. Rep Peter King offered motion to allow all House members to review a brief report summarizing committee investigation into what is called 'FISA abuse.' 1/3
10:16 AM - Jan 18, 2018

Motion was approved on party-line vote. Info in report is classified, so report will be available for House members to read in secure room. 2/3
10:17 AM - Jan 18, 2018

Byron York

@ByronYork

Report contains answer to question of whether FBI/DOJ used Trump dossier to secure FISA warrant to spy on Americans, plus other issues. Now, whole House can know. Public still in dark. 3/3

Byron York

@ByronYork

House Intelligence Committee vote to release Glenn Simpson transcript was unanimous.
9:57 AM - Jan 18, 2018

Party line vote in the House.

What part of

Info in report is classified, so report will be available for House members to read in secure room.

is unclear?

You're not getting to see that report unless it gets declassified.

Or it gets leaked.

People who had access to the classified report cannot legally share/talk about it in that case.

So if that is the case how did all those other "classified" bits of info make it to the media?

Leaks that are good for the goose are good for the gander.

People not privy to that classified information are not held to the standards of those that are. The media didn't swear to secrecy about leaked classified information.

Calling something classified in the government is specific. It means information in that document is harmful to national security.
edit on 11Fri, 19 Jan 2018 11:13:48 -0600America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago1 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Chad Pergram

@ChadPergram

Fox is told that while the Intel Cmte voted in favor of the Simpson transcript, Democrats blocked the release of other documents. The committee has also voted on a motion by Rep. Pete King (R-NY) to make available to all House members a memo documenting abuse of the FISA program.

Major development in House Intel Committee *after* vote to release Glenn Simpson transcript. Rep Peter King offered motion to allow all House members to review a brief report summarizing committee investigation into what is called 'FISA abuse.' 1/3

Motion was approved on party-line vote. Info in report is classified, so report will be available for House members to read in secure room. 2/3

Byron York

@ByronYork

Report contains answer to question of whether FBI/DOJ used Trump dossier to secure FISA warrant to spy on Americans, plus other issues. Now, whole House can know. Public still in dark. 3/3

Byron York

@ByronYork

House Intelligence Committee vote to release Glenn Simpson transcript was unanimous.

What part of

Info in report is classified, so report will be available for House members to read in secure room.

is unclear?

Or it gets leaked.

People who had access to the classified report cannot legally share/talk about it in that case.

So if that is the case how did all those other "classified" bits of info make it to the media?

People not privy to that classified information are not held to the standards of those that are. The media didn't swear to secrecy about leaked classified information.

Calling something classified in the government is specific. It means information in that document is harmful to national security.

But the Government employees who released the classified information to the media are. Unless they are Democratic Party Leaders of head of the FBI. Then releasing/leaking classified information is OK.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

Unless they are Democratic Party Leaders of head of the FBI. Then releasing/leaking classified information is OK.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   
My guess is Trump wants this all done by the book. One little mistake and they all walk free. This was planned years ago.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Chad Pergram

@ChadPergram

Byron York

@ByronYork

Byron York

@ByronYork

What part of

is unclear?

Or it gets leaked.

But the Government employees who released the classified information to the media are. Unless they are Democratic Party Leaders of head of the FBI. Then releasing/leaking classified information is OK.

No, it would need to be declassified to be released.

That's why, you know, Manning went to jail - release of classified information.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Chad Pergram

@ChadPergram

Byron York

@ByronYork

Byron York

@ByronYork

What part of

is unclear?

Or it gets leaked.

That's what I'm thinking, why aren't Republicans leaking this? Looks like they don't want to show the actual content of the memo, so maybe it's not such a big deal after all. I don't need a copy of it, I'd just like to see someone (even just with anonymous sources) commit to specific claims that can't be ignored later, like "Obama did it" or something. I get the feeling that everyone is still preparing for status quo after this memo. But who knows, I'll eat my words if it turns out to be a huge deal.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cutepants

Chad Pergram

@ChadPergram

Byron York

@ByronYork

Byron York

@ByronYork

What part of

is unclear?

Or it gets leaked.

That's what I'm thinking, why aren't Republicans leaking this? Looks like they don't want to show the actual content of the memo, so maybe it's not such a big deal after all. I don't need a copy of it, I'd just like to see someone (even just with anonymous sources) commit to specific claims that can't be ignored later, like "Obama did it" or something. I get the feeling that everyone is still preparing for status quo after this memo. But who knows, I'll eat my words if it turns out to be a huge deal.

The document was said to be classified.

That's why nobody is releasing it. It's a matter of national security.

It could be a huge deal. It could be damaging strictly to Democrats. If it's classified, they can't release it or discuss what's in it, as they've seen it and have security clearances that say they can't do such things - even if someone illegally leaks it.

It's possible that they could redact classified information and release it, but it might not mean much of anything to anyone not in the know at that point.
edit on 12Fri, 19 Jan 2018 12:06:44 -0600America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago1 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Cutepants

The documents are only viewable inside the SCIF. It's one of the securest facilities there is. Leaking this is not gonna be easy. I hope we the people can get it released without using "illegal" means.

Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility

edit on 19-1-2018 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
If there was anything truly damaging to Trump.

His haters wouldn't be using the media.

Mueller and FBI would be at the White House already trying to arrest Trump.

and now we know why Democrats and their media allies desperately tried to change the russia narrative FISA story. Apparently the Australian diplomat in question and the information he received and reported would be consider quadruple hearsay. We would reach alpha centauri before that hearsay evidence would ever be accepted by a court.

The other news coming out -
* - Rod Rosenstein apparently tried to block some of the info from being released to Congress and Paul Ryan told him where he could go with that request.
* - The memo came from Rep. Nunes and is based on all of the evidence his committee has obtained in their investigation.
* - The general sense is that not only will the involved people lose their jobs but will face prosecution.
* - The evidence in question is tantamount to a coup pushed by certain Democrats in the FBI / DOJ / Congress and the Clinton camp.
* - Mueller's probe will end shortly since the way it came about violates the Constitution and several federal laws.

Stop or I will have to see a doctor in 4 hours.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
If you check Twitter there are several prominent people claiming the WSJ already has the doc and it won't start coming out till next week

Kinda sucks

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Well if someone leaked it illegally they wouldn't have to discuss it, since it would already be leaked. And I know SCIF is secure, but the information has already "leaked" out of the SCIF, into the brains of all these representatives.

But yeah, we don't know what it could be, it might be damaging to the Dems but also damaging to national security or something, so they don't dare to leak it. That's a good point you guys. It also might not be all that damaging to the Democrats, but still too secret to leak. Then I could see Republicans making this brouhaha about it, safe in the knowledge that it will stay secret at least for the time being.

I just don't trust these sources that much. I don't trust the Democrats or MSM either though, when it comes to controversial issues like this, so I just hope we'll find out the truth I guess.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   
My 2 cents: embarassing for elected officials is not a national security concern.

Ill throw in another penny, for general thoughts: if they claim too many secrets, it'll only raise hackles more among the populace

link   
a reply to: Cutepants

In order to be legitimately a classified document, it must be harmful to national security.

link   

originally posted by: Tempter
If you check Twitter there are several prominent people claiming the WSJ already has the doc and it won't start coming out till next week

Kinda sucks

Be patient. Even if Trump is going to order the info declassified, I'm sure there are procedures that must be followed first. A few days is not a long time for something like this.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
My 2 cents: embarassing for elected officials is not a national security concern.

Ill throw in another penny, for general thoughts: if they claim too many secrets, it'll only raise hackles more among the populace

They cannot legitimately mark a document as classified simply due to embarrassment.

Documents are classified because they contain information that, were it to be disclosed, would harm national security.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

They cannot legitimately mark a document as classified simply due to embarrassment.

Documents are classified because they contain information that, were it to be disclosed, would harm national security.

Oh, i know how that works....

....but without seeing the documents that all this chatter is about, we wouldn't really know.

At some point you should weigh national security with the publics right to know about the wrong doing of their elected officials.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   
The list grows and grows. RepBillFlores

I just finished reading the memo. It discusses corruption at the highest levels of the Obama DOJ/FBI. I support #releasethememo.— Rep. Bill Flores (@RepBillFlores) 19. Januar 2018

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   

The problem is historically it appears "national security" justifications are abused.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   
From what the Congressmen are saying, the threat to national security does not lie in what this memo contains but what the memo is about.
Release it now.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: Grambler
Not much to add.

I will ask where are all of the left wing leaning people that were on here celebrating Feinstein releasing the simpsobn transcript.

They said they wanted transparency, I agreed with them.

Now the dems are voting to not allow even congress members to see what the dossier was used for and what was presented to fisa.

What possible reason could they have to not want members of congress to see this.

I hope that all of this becomes public very soon.

All members of the House were given access to the memo. The vote the dems blocked was to release all info to the public.

I hope a staffer leaks it.

That is the impression I got when the vote to release to the public was blocked. Get the info into the hands of as many as people as possible then leak it.

Interestingly enough though from what I read / understand Congress has had this info for over a week and nothing was leaked.

It's virtually impossible to leak it because the original documents are only viewable in a SCIF. No electronics are allowed in them and you can't make copies either.

You know... You say that it can't be leaked, and yet classified information obtained by the NSA was leaked all over capitol hill by the last administration....

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join