It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FISA ‘Info Suggests Documents Catastrophically Bad For Dems’: Adam Schiff Leaks Dry Up

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

View it on Archive.is here.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I think a rat jumping off the sinking ship is going to leak it, calling it now.

It will be a Democrat.
edit on 19-1-2018 by Tempter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

View it on Archive.is here.

Thanks.

What do you think on this?

Seems bad form the dems didnt even want other members of congress to see the memo.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cutepants
Well it's weird that more details haven't come out, makes me feel it's more bark than bite. A few reps seem to be going all in though, which makes me think something is going on to have provoked that. I don't think the special counsel will be sunk by this, even if the dossier is discredited they still have to wrap things up. Might have to wait a while though, just wish someone would leak it so I could have gone to sleep sooner.

The fact that a GOP member hasnt run to the press like the Comey memo in Oct 2016 points to it being much to do about nothing.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 12:31 AM
link   
All I can say is that whatever's in the memo, it will be leaked soon because it'll be going to everyone in the House and none of them can actually keep a secret. I'm not sure what the procedure is in for the HPSCI is but I'm surprised that releasing the document to the public couldn't be done by Nunes unilaterally or by vote of Nunes and the majority.

Either way, for all the talk coming out of the usual suspects (Gaetz, DeSantis, Meadows, Steve King, etc), this memo had better be something definitively Earth-shattering and not some Hannity "tick tock" style bull#.
edit on 2018-1-19 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

originally posted by: Cutepants
Well it's weird that more details haven't come out, makes me feel it's more bark than bite. A few reps seem to be going all in though, which makes me think something is going on to have provoked that. I don't think the special counsel will be sunk by this, even if the dossier is discredited they still have to wrap things up. Might have to wait a while though, just wish someone would leak it so I could have gone to sleep sooner.

The fact that a GOP member hasnt run to the press like the Comey memo in Oct 2016 points to it being much to do about nothing.

So the fact that a GOP person hasnt broken the law proves its nothing?

I dont really believe that, because it seems inevitable that this will in fact be legally released to the public in short order.

My understanding iis that the exact same people that voted to have congress see it today are all thats needed to vote to release, as long as the President doesnt object.

I dont see him objecting.

So no need for a criminal leak.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

If it shows the dossier was used for fisa warrants, will you think that is egregious?

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
twitter.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

OMG

This is the honorable Steve King, R-IA

Now I understand why all individual Congressman can say is how shocked they are, without going into details. They're legally bound not too.

But how is it that all Democrats in the House voted against sharing this document with the House at large? Have every one of them known about these crimes for months?

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 12:44 AM
link   

I mean, I don't trust Nunes as far as I can throw him but if this is complete bull#, it's a *really* big gamble. There's no way all the documents will be released to the public but the memo certainly will get out and I would imagine it will get out this morning.

I think that's probably all by design so that the leaked memo will hit on a Friday. I can't help notice that this is all coinciding with the current "shutdown crisis" either.

If there was cut and dry malfeasance, it should be exposed and delaying its release isn't going to help anyone. Then again, it really comes down to what's in the memo.

I'm concerned by the fact that it's being described as a "memo" which suggests it's not very long as opposed to something like a "report." (though, I could be reading into that) It leaves me with the impression that it might be akin to a typical Nunes press conference (long on insinuation with no smoking gun).

And if it's characterizations by Nunes that aren't properly substantiated, we're going to end up with the usual split.

On the right, it will be proof of whatever and Nunes will be seen as a hero. On the left, it won't be proof of anything and it will be seen as Nunes continuing his attempts to throw a wrench in the Russian investigations.

Which will just mean the saga continues.

edit on 2018-1-19 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
All I can say is that whatever's in the memo, it will be leaked soon because it'll be going to everyone in the House and none of them can actually keep a secret. I'm not sure what the procedure is in for the HPSCI is but I'm surprised that releasing the document to the public couldn't be done by Nunes unilaterally or by vote of Nunes and the majority.

There's two threads going on this subject. Answers to your questions were posted in one of them, earlier 2nite.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Yes I want to see just what proof it has in it.

But if its released, it will be slightly different for several reasons.

First off I heard its four pages on length (not that this is different just answering your point about length).

The clain is that this specifically names names.

So even if corroborating evidence cant be released (actual fisa documents, etc.) it will make it easier to verify the allegations in the memo.

It would take stupidity of the highest level for Nunes to make up lies with people actually named that could easily prove these allegations false.

Also, it seems to me that if the memo is released and says the dossier was used for the fisa warrant, and thats a lie, it would be easy for the dems to call that out, and push for the release of the proof of that.

And if the allegations are as troubling as are being alleged, then this would at least be enough to warrant an investigation into those named, which would get to the bottom of rather Nunes is lying or not.

But I guess we will see what happens when its released.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkeptiSchism
a reply to: carewemust

We need to clawback all the expenses this kangaroo court has incurred on the American people. Take it out of their salaries/pensions.

Whom should be sued for the 10's of millions of dollars?

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Start with whomever wanted the dossier in the first place.

Edit: Somebody put together this timeline, not sure how accurate it is:

directorblue.blogspot.com...

edit on 19-1-2018 by SkeptiSchism because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 01:00 AM
link   

TIMELINE: What’s Known About Trump Dossier’s Creation And Dissemination

Thanks to the Washington Post’s Tuesday night scoop that the Hillary Clinton campaign and the Democratic National Committee had funded the opposition research project that gave rise to the so-called Trump dossier, a major question has been answered about the origins and evolution of the document, which has been a focal point of Russia-2016 investigation.

Through that new report, other reporting, and the litigation now surrounding the dossier, we are getting a clearer a picture of how the dossier came to be, to whom it was disseminated and when top national security officials thought it was valuable enough to make then-President Obama and President-elect Trump aware of it.
talkingpointsmemo.com...

By Tierney Sneed | October 25, 2017 4:03 pm

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: SkeptiSchism

Wow..that "directorblue" sure put a lot of effort into composing that timeline! Thanks for sharing it. I guess we'll know how accurate it is when the investigations wrap up later this year.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

If it shows the dossier was used for fisa warrants, will you think that is egregious?

I don't think whatever comes out will be definitive. That would be too easy. I think it will be suggestive of that because that's clearly the narrative that Nunes has been driving for what, a year now? From even before he launched his own independent investigation. Which is interesting — both that he ran this parallel, unilateral investigation and that they're signalling that he found exactly what the narrative predicted before he even started.

So I think that whatever's in the memo, there will likely be a whole lot of room for debate.

However, to answer your question, it would depend on what is alleged *exactly* and if it's backed up with hard evidence. If the dossier was used without corroboration as the primary justification for a FISA warrant, that's going to reflect very badly on everyone involved.

As bad as it would be, it doesn't fit with what Gaetz is running around saying which is that he thinks people will possibly go to jail. At least, it doesn't seem to fit. If the the FISC judge was presented with details of the dossier as "raw intel" and he granted a warrant, what about that would be criminal?

Now, if it was misrepresented to the FISC judge or by the FBI to whoever the applicant was (not entirely sure if the FBI applied for it directly or if it's done in conjunction with the DOJ), there might be some legal recourse there. More than likely, it would lead to people losing their jobs lots of teeth gnashing and not much else.

What's the actual worse thing that you could imagine would be in the memo? Claims that leadership in the FBI and DOJ conspired to pass the dossier off as a product of the USIC to get FISA warrants?

You'd still have to prove some sort of intent. If everyone involved claimed to have taken the dossier seriously, believed there was truth in its contents and were acting in good faith, it'll be hard to prove a crime. I could be wrong but that's my take right now based purely on speculation.

I dunno. Having read the Simpson testimony, unless he was lying about Steele or Steele was lying to him, it really doesn't sound like Steele had as much contact with the FBI as I would imagine if the dossier was a cornerstone of their counterintelligence investigation. Like, he had some early contact. Then nothing. Then a debriefing in Rome in like September (which is after Manafort had left the Trump campaign and I would assume, after any Page/Manfort FISA warrants). After that? They seem to have mutually discontinued communication. The FBI wasn't happy about all the chatter to the media apparently and according to Simpson, the Halloween story in the NYT made them both think that the FBI didn't take the info seriously.

I thinks that's most of my current thoughts right now but I'm mulling.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 01:20 AM
link   

I have to sleep, but I wanted to make one point.

If that dossier was used for a fisa warrant, it game over, and an unprecedented level of corruption by the obama admin.

Comet already admitted months after the fisa warrant was got to confess that the dossier was salacious and unverified.

So we shall see if it was used.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 01:21 AM
link   
It's the #1 Trending story on Twitter. The entire world is aware of this now and NO OTHER major media organization is carrying it except Fox.

I wonder how long until the DNC has formulated their response that the news orgs will run it.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 01:23 AM
link   
another thing, ante...

This memo isn't just some thoughts on what nunes thinks might've have happened. These are official notes on the investigation performed by the highest elected intelligence group in the nation.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

Yes it amazing that most outlets are not reporting it.

Even 8f the memo is wrong, a lie, or not a big deal, it's odd that not one den that read it said so.

Almost like they are huddling up waiting for a talking point.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join