It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transcript of Glenn Simpson Testimony to HPSCI Released

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   
This is just breaking. I have not had a chance to read any of it yet. It's 163 pages. House.gov source.

It's also a scanned copy of a printed transcript unlike the Senate Judiciary transcript released by Feinstein so no copy n paste.

House Intel committee has released a transcript from their interview with Fusion GPS co-founder Glenn Simpson

The House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence publicly released the committee transcript from their seven-hour interview with Fusion GPS co-founder Glenn Simpson last November, ABC News has learned.

Looks like they released it following a committee vote. No other details.

EDIT:

Rep. Jim Himes (a committee member) is saying live that Glenn Simpson requested that this transcript be released.
edit on 2018-1-18 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   

The House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence publicly released the committee transcript from their seven-hour interview with Fusion GPS co-founder Glenn Simpson last November, ABC News has learned.

So give me the cliff notes version of what the STATE intelligence committee had to say on a PRIVATE intelligence company.

I am sure it's riveting.

If people don't see the problem with that.

That's just sad.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Why would the “timekeeper” name be redacted? ie: p27

(I’m only skimming, so maybe it’s was discussed earlier on in the interview)

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Generally, it specializes in public records research,other sort of journalistic style information gathering.

That's all I need to read.

Generally, we have - we work for corporate clients and banks and large law firms.

Every other day of the week I read on ATS how much people hate those three groups.

And this is what people been whining bout for a YEAR!

Journalism,Corporate,banker,lawyer hitman.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: japhrimu
Why would the “timekeeper” name be redacted? ie: p27

(I’m only skimming, so maybe it’s was discussed earlier on in the interview)

The time keeper would be the committee head Rep. Nunes. I have no idea why Nunes who released this transcript would redact himself from the version he put out.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Generally, it specializes in public records research,other sort of journalistic style information gathering.

That's all I need to read.

Generally, we have - we work for corporate clients and banks and large law firms.

Every other day of the week I read on ATS how much people hate those three groups.

And this is what people been whining bout for a YEAR!

Journalism,Corporate,banker,lawyer hitman.

I am confused. How is an information gathering group saying they gathering information off putting to you?

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

Where's the 'information' on the other presidential candidate ?

I mean feel free to buy the complete BULLSNIP of a corporation started by a journalist whose business is screwing people over for banksters,and lawyers.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Where's the 'information' on the other presidential candidate ?

I mean feel free to buy the complete BULLSNIP of a corporation started by a journalist whose business is screwing people over for banksters,and lawyers.

Did they get hired to look at the other candidate or do you think they just go around doing this thing for free then do nothing with that information?

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Did they get hired to look at the other candidate or do you think they just go around doing this thing for free then do nothing with that information?

I am sure Fusion GPS was well compensated.

Between all the corporate,union, and 'small' donations the DNC and CLinton campaign gave them.

The best political 'intelligence' your money can buy.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   

In total, Perkins Coie paid Fusion GPS $1.02 million in fees and expenses, $168,000 of which was paid to Orbis and used by them to produce the dossier.[3

The best BULL SNIP money can buy!

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   

In total, Perkins Coie paid Fusion GPS $1.02 million in fees and expenses, $168,000 of which was paid to Orbis and used by them to produce the dossier.[3

The best BULL SNIP money can buy!

Okay. Why is Fusion GPS being paid to do their job, which is to investigate things and people, so crazy and off putting to you?

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   

They didn't do their job.

They outsourced it to foreigners.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   
WEEE!

Russia money funneled through NRA...

I find it quite telling Russia backs/supports conservative American ideologies in order to sow DISCORD and weaken the United States...

Now those recent MILITANT NRA propaganda videos make SENSE...Put a brown-skinned guy with a different religion INSTEAD of a white Christian woman and it'd be an ISIS recruitment vid...

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   

They didn't do their job.

They outsourced it to foreigners.

WHAT? They went to the guy who they thought could get the most info. The one that had contacts and info sources in Russia, something Fusion GPS didnt have. You know the guy that made the .... what do you call that thing that you try do discredit in the most hilarious ways.... "fake dossier". Sounds like they did they job pretty well.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

Now those recent MILITANT NRA propaganda videos make SENSE.

That's some epic BULL SNIP.

Russian legislation on gun control is relatively strict, limiting the circulation of firearms to Russian citizens older than eighteen years of age with a registered permanent residence, and for the purposes of self-defense, hunting, and sports activities only. The acquisition of guns is based on licenses provided for a five-year period by local police departments at one’s place of residence after a thorough background check, including a review of the petitioner’s ability to store guns safely and an evaluation of his/her medical records. Mentally ill people and those who have been treated for substance abuse are not allowed to possess firearms.

www.loc.gov...

Russia has more in common with Trump haters.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   

As part of their investigation, Fusion GPS hired Orbis Business Intelligence, a private British intelligence firm, to look into connections between Trump and Russia. Orbis co-founder Christopher Steele, a retired British MI6 officer with expertise in Russian matters,[2] was hired in May or June to do the job.[32

The one that had contacts and info sources in Russia, something Fusion GPS didnt have.

Seems to me a private intelligence company would.

That is REAL ONES.

But hey pay no attention what so ever to Trump haters outsourcing to a foreign intel company to effect the outcome of our democratic process.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I'm finally reading through this transcript now, taking notes as I go along for anyone interested. Here's the first batch:

* Dealings with Washington Free Beacon ended in April or May

* Fusion GPS knew that Perkins Coie was the DNC's legal firm and that the the DNC was the client (p.20)

* Fusion GPS wasn't specifically directed into what to investigated (p.22)

* Fusion GPS was paid $50k/month + expenses (p.22)

* first mentions of Felix Sater, Bayrock and a man named Tofik Arifov (aka Tevfik Arif) (p.24)

* Simpson says it was this involvement with the above that led him to engage Steele (p.25)

* Simpson says Christopher Steele was paid $160k in total which he believed was billed to Perkins Coie by Fusion GPS (p.25)

* Simpson says that as far as he knows, Steele did not travel to Russia for the work. (p.26)

* Simpson says Steele did not give him details of sources, including names. (p.27)

* A couple Q/A about whether Simpson attempted to corroborate anything Steele reported. Simpson is asked if he found anything he was presented to be "immediately incredible" and Simpson says no. (p.29)

* Some details about how he assessed credibility by looking up details such as how a special election operation was run by Sergei Ivanov (head of the presidential admin). Simpson says in looking at obscure research he was
able to confirm that Ivanov was "the head of a sort of internal kind of White House plumber's operation for the Kremlin" which led him to conclude that Steele's source for that detail was credible. (p.29)

* Simpson says that another memo mentioned an NGO, Rossotrudnichestvo, and that he researched it and found that it was beleived by the FBI to be a front for the SVR which bolstered his opinion of the source's credibility as "either the people were exremely knowledgeable about a lot of obscure intelligence stuff or, you know, they — what they're saying had some credibility."

* Simpson says that informtion provided to the Washington Free Beacon appeared in the Washington Free Beacon and other sources. Also that he didn't beleive them to be a proxy for a particular GOP candidate. (p.32)

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 12:06 AM
link   
* Simpson says that during the primaries, they would get calls from journalists. They would check with the client (the Washington Free Beacon) and ask if the client objected to sharing the information. Simpson also clarifies that information that showed up in other media outlets came them in this way. (p.32)

* Schiff asks him to name sources where their work product may have appeared. He specifically asked about Fox News and Breitbart. Simpson says he honestly can't remember but he assumes all the major networks and papers.

* He also answers affimatively to the question about whether or not it's possible that the Free Beacon may have shared information. (p.34)

* Simpson says knowing what he knows about Manafort he was "struck" by his appointment in the Trump campaign. (p.35)

* Simpson talking about Bayrock again (p.35):

The company seemed to have some sort of funding source from either Russia or the former Soviet Union that was opaque. So we spent a lot of time looking at the people around that and their backgrounds and why Mr. Trump would be in business with them. So that was one of the major issues.

Another one that I think surfaced in probably the early winter was the amazing number of people from the former Soviet Union who had purchased properties from Mr. Trump, including Dmitry Rybolovlev, who purchase a derelict estate at an extreme markup in Florida. And a number of other people bought into his properties.

* Lots of talk about how much more sophisticted and global Russian organized crime is, particularly when it comes to finances and moving money. Then this (p.38):

So the only way that — well, the thing that comes to mind, of course, is the real estate deals. And, you know, it did come to our attention during this, you know, first round or this first part of the project that there were a lot of real estate deals where you couldn't reelly tell who was buying the property. And sometimes properties would be bought and sold, and they would be bought for one price and sold for a loss shortly thereafter, and it didn't really make sense to us.

And we had done a lot of work previous investigations on people buying condos in order to get visas under the EB-5 program. So we were very familiar with a pattern of corruption and illicit finance relation to purchasing of condos.

This it should be noted is exactly what the Kushner's do. The minor scandal about their marketing took place in China though.

Schiff asks if they had evidence. Simpson responds that they implied this from seeing familiar patterns. This this:

There was -- well, for one thing, there was various criminals were buying the properties. So there was a gangster -- a Russian gangster living in Trump Tower"
"His gangster ame is Taiwanchick. I couldn't spell his actual name. But, you know, I mean, these are the kind of things that prompted us to hire Mr. Steele. We had a gangster named Taiwanchik living in Trump Tower who had been under -- I'm sorry, he was -- I think he was running
a -- his associates were living in Trump Tower, and he was running a high-stakes gambling ring out of Trump Tower, while he himself was a fugitive for having rigged the skating competition at the Salt Lake Olympics and a bunch of other sporting events engaged in rigging.

And when Mr. Trump went to the Miss Universe pageant in 2013, Taiwanchik was there in the VIP section with Mr. Trump and lots of other Kremlin biggies. So that kind of thing raised questions with us.

Generally speaking, the patterns of activity that we thought might be suggestive of money laundering were, you know, fast turnover deals and deals where there seemed to have been efforts to disguise the identity of the buyer."

"Well, I mean, there were sort of periods — what we saw was the beginning in the early 2000s, when he began to do business with Bayrock and to do some of these other deals, that these were problematic deals that he entered into. So it was essentially the previous decade of business deals, 2005 onward.

Schiff asks up until what point did this continue.

Well, I mean, some of the things that we have -- that we looked at that we thought were very concerning are existing investments in projects, and specifically a project in Panama, the one in Toronto. Those both got a lot of fraud associated with them, a lot of fraud allegations, a lot of activity that I would say smacks of fraud, and a lot of Russian mafia figures listed as buyers who may or may not have actually put money into it.

And so there's a couple of — so a couple of the big condo tower deals offshore, outside the United States, I think both of those are in bankruptcy now, Mr. Trump is no longer associated with them.

The other one that is — was concerning to us was — is the golf courses in Scotland and Ireland."

* Simpson says that they don't have any hard evidence of Russian money in these other projects because Trump org is private and not required to file in the US as a public company would. Then this about the golf courses in the UK & Scotland (p. 40)

So we were able to get the financial statements. And they don't, on their face, show Russian involvement, but what they do show is enormous amounts of capital flowing into these projects from unknown sources and — or at least on paper it says it's from The Trump Organization, but it's hundreds of millions of dollars. And these golf courses are just, you know, they're sinks. They don't actually make any money.

So, you know, if you're familair with Donald Trump's finances and the litigation over whether he's really a billionaire, you know, there's good reason to believe he doesn't have enough money to do this and that he would have had to have outside financial support for these things.

all the above excerpts are my transcriptions of the transcription so forgive any errors.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

AHH..

You haven't gotten tot he NRA stuff yet...

*gets popcorn*

PAGE 142:

MS . SPEIER: Okay. What is the interest of Russia with the National Rifle Association?

MR. SIMPSON: I think that most of what we have found is pretty much out there now. You know, it's been said by others, but, you know, what eventually - it appears the Russians, you know , infiltrated the NRA And there is more than one explanation for why. But I would say broadly speaking, it appears that the Russian operation was designed to infiltrate conservative organizations. And they targeted various conservative organizations , religious and otherwise, and they seem to have made a very concerted effort to get in with the NRA.

We ALL remember Flynn at that NRA "party" in Russia before the election...RIGHT?

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Is this the guy who admitted to being Anti-Trump?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join