It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California to charge Employers if they cooperate with ICE officials

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Gandalf77

But it not states rights. I am all for states rights but this is a Federal Issue. Immigration is a Federal Issue not a State or local issue. But it costs the states....

fairus.org...

Californians bear an enormous fiscal burden as a result of an illegal alien population estimated at almost 3 million residents. The annual expenditure of state and local tax dollars on services for that population is $25.3 billion. That total amounts to a yearly burden of about $2,370 for a household headed by a U.S. citizen.

That is a lot of money.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

Another good point...bog the already screwed up legal system with more cases and money awarded that will never be paid. I guess since they fully legalized pot they have to get someone else into court...why not business owners.

edit on Janpm31pmf0000002018-01-18T18:46:19-06:000619 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Civil disobedience.
I’m all for them paying up if they’re fighting the feds and making things hard for Comrade Cheeto.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   

SMART Employers will leave California. ANY OTHER STATE is a better environment for them now.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Fighting the FEDS who want to take my guns or take away my rights? Hell yeah. Fighting the FEDS because illegal aliens are in my country...nope.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Just repeal the Posse Comitatus Act (maybe SCOTUS declares it void), have the military take over California and clean the place up.

There have been plenty of times an A-10 could stop a vehicle that won't stop for police.

A reliable backup for police situations where they are outnumbered, outgunned or the perp is dug in.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Okay, well I don’t think law enforcement should be able to enter in to a non-public area just because they want to.

Your essay on probable cause is moot, because probable cause is exactly the opposite of “because they want to.”

Look, I have a problem with the state telling an employer what they can and can’t do with their own premises when it comes to law enforcement, all the more so when the aim of telling an employer what they can and can’t do is solely to protect somebody who’s breaking the law. I have a problem with the language in law as it pertains to state and local law enforcement working with federal law enforcement.

But I’m not going to get bent out of shape over law enforcement not being able to go wherever they want to go “because they want to,” and that’s where you and I differ bigly.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Wow , putting them in a damned if you do , damned if you dont scenarion
Either way , they go to prison

It is California.
Becoming more irrelevant and traitorous by the day

I say dont wait for succession . Kick em out of the Union of States. They clearly dont want to be a part , and are doing everything possible to defy this country
Get rid of their sorry (fill in the blank yourself)

edit on 1/18/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I think we are a lot closer than you think. I do not think they should be able to go anywhere. They need permission. Whether that is a warrant or the employer consenting they need that. I do not think they should be able to go in without the permission of the 'employer'. The issue is, if the employer does, he can be charged with a crime within the State.

Example - An Employer. He knows he has illegals. Maybe there is one dealing drugs and he cannot do anything about it. He tells ICE. Then, this means cooperation right? So he can be charged.

Right?

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   
The US Supreme Court will get involved with this whole CA can do as they please thing. They will naturally rule that States may not infringe on the enumerated powers of the federal government. Once ruled on then, like in several cases, the Federal government can enforce the ruling with many resources including the National Guard.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Arrest a few of the senior ringleader politicians and their liberal Cali dream folds like a cheap suit.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

Fighting the FEDS who want to take my guns or take away my rights? Hell yeah. Fighting the FEDS because illegal aliens are in my country...nope.

You don't understand that the state of calif is a LOT MORE danger to gun rights then the feds.
If you lived in the state of calif you would know this first hand like i do.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

I thought immigration laws were federal domain.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   

I like what you see.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   

I was talking about the FEDS coming to take our guns. You didn't understand. I know Cali quite well and have relatives in multiple cities and understand the gun laws quite well.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   
At this point I seriously think they are trying to bankrupt the state. To what end, I have no idea. Just a reminder that Becerra is in deep with the Awan scandal.

Becerra Tried To Block Server Admin Over Red Flags, But Logins Continued, With Muted Reaction

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I just heard that California State Police are NOT going to "cooperate" in the upcoming sweeps and raids. ICE is on its own.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow

"Schaaf’s remarks came on a day when rumors were swirling that ICE planned to launch a series of Bay Area raids — arresting as many as 1,500 illegal aliens...."

They should start at every Home Depot or Lowe's parking lot...

They should start at the state capitol...Start with the moonbeam and then go after the mayor and sherriff of every city...

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

I am a frothing at the mouth supporter of states rights.

But immigration is for the feds. California is in an active state of revolt if they do not cooperate with federal immigration laws.

The South fought a war and lost over states rights. I thought Federalism wasa settled matter.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
I just heard that California State Police are NOT going to "cooperate" in the upcoming sweeps and raids. ICE is on its own.

We do not have "state police," We have Highway Patrol. . .

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join