It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Admin. Moves to Bar Haitians from Agricultural, Seasonal Worker Visas

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

DHS says it so it must be true ?
Seems the DHS were intent on doing this.

“I do want to alert you … the secretary is going to be sending a request to us to be more responsive,” Kathy Nuebel Kovarik, the USCIS head of policy and strategy, wrote on April 27. Addressing the inability of agency employees to gather the requested information about wrongdoing, she said:“I know some of it is not captured, but we’ll have to figure out a way to squeeze more data out of our systems.”
www.pbs.org...

A bit harsh seeing as the President had this to say before he became President.

Trump courted the votes of Haitian-American citizens in the critical state of Florida. Campaigning in Miami’s Little Haiti in September, he said,“The Haitian-American community deserves our gratitude and our respect, and I want you to know, you have my respect.”

Again , par for the course.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Xcalibur254

What does ATS think?

Par for the course for this administration . zenophobic to its core.

Well, when you set the bar low on what constitutes xenophobia, sure.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   
My guess is "smokescreen", that seems to be this administration's and the media's MO so far, sensationalize useless and inconsequential social issues so that we keep our eyes off the ball.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

I’ve known a few Haitians in my life. All three were welfare frauders who popped out babies with no regard for the children’s welfare.

They were all exempt from working because they were always pregnant.

They harassed all their neighbors and were quite filthy despite all the freebies they got.

One was here illegally, her child was not immunized. She was married but didn’t tell welfare and he was in Haiti. She would send him money Western Union and not feed her child. She wasn’t pregnant but wasn’t required to work, why I have no idea.

Not once did I ever see any of them WORK; yet they got housing in some of the nicest towns in Boston. Yet we have homeless veterans?

Now I realize that 3 people alone do not represent a whole country, but why should this country support law breakers from other countries over out Vets, and people who have always worked.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: KTemplar
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

. Double post
edit on 18-1-2018 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Maybe the Dems, knowing the Pavlovian response that the anti-trump people would have, rang the bell by saying Trump used a "mean" colloquialism. Hoping the public pressure would reverse this.

Nah, Anti-Trump people are too educated and would never fall for something where the government wants them all to say and act the same way

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: AScrubWhoDied

I can say that that DHS excuse is pretty BS thought - there are so many Russians in America that overstay their work visa (there's a particular town in Tennessee that is quite literally full of them) but we still give them out.

Do you have any evidence of this or should we just take your word for it?

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
We were told it’s because they have dark skin, yet I cannot find any reference to race in either this or previous comments on the subject.

PR is a stupid reason to not uphold laws.

But we know, don't we, that appearances are more important than actual facts to the politically correct crowd. All those politicians are constantly yammering on about avoiding "the appearance" of corruption while ignoring the oozing corruption surfacing all around them. Kinda like worrying about a skin rash while ignoring a huge cancerous tumor.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Who the hell is in charge of PR for this administration?

That would be President Trump

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

Wasn't Trump sold to us as a businessman? What happens when a business has to make a decision will ultimately result in bad PR? They wait until the bad PR can be buried by good PR.

You would think that if people in this administration knew how to do their job not only would they wait until the shi*hole story died but also wait until mid-February when everyone is supposedly going to be making more money.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   

a reply to: network dude

I never said the DHS didn't have a reason. In fact your quote was right in my OP.

I have to ask, whatever happened to "The Buck Stops Here?" Anytime an Executive Branch agency does something that doesn't fly with populace Trump's supporters always try to pass it off as a holdover from the Obama administration that's gone rogue or some other ridiculous scenario. The heads of these agencies are Trump appointees and Trump is ultimately the head of all of them. These are high level decisions. So even if they somehow didn't cross Trump's desk they did cross the desk of someone he appointed.

Which is in the end is still a reflection of Trump's ability to lead.

I didn't mean to offend, I agreed with your OP. I just think as long as there keep being leaks, there is a chance there might be a guy who doesn't like Trump on the inside or something. Obama was all about "the resistance", then he went all hush, hush. He must have took up shuffleboard.

But I agree, he should replace everyone from the previous admin that matters politically. YOUR FIRED!....Trump would love it.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

That post may be the most neutral post on this entire site. Both sides can read so much in to it.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   

a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

That post may be the most neutral post on this entire site. Both sides can read so much in to it.

Is that so?

The one thing everyone had to expect was that he'd go about doing business in a completely different way from any president we have known to date.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Who the hell is in charge of PR for this administration? Even if there is a legitimate reason for this move and even if the sh*thole comment never actually happened you would think someone would step in and say, "Hey, maybe we should hold off on this for a few weeks until things die down." I mean did nobody stop and think that this would give the appearance that the alleged statements actually happened?
What does ATS think? Poor planning on the part of the administration or a smokescreen for a more important story?

Actually, Trump is right.

For centuries Blacks have been forced to "pick Cotton" and do other farm work, first as "slaves", and after emancipation as lowest wage workers.

So, people have "stereo typed" black people as only capable to do this type of low paid work.

Bringing in more black people at the lowest end of the economy therefore, just helps to continue providing evidence of this stereotype, just like how Hollywood stars get typecast, black people are being typecast by the occupations we see them doing in the society.

So, what Trump wants, is to bring in the brightest and the best black people he can find. Notice, there's no restriction on Haitians coming in as engineers and scientists, nor musicians, lawyers or doctors. It's just that Trump doesn't want to perpetuate the stereotypes by bringing in only cotton pickers.

So, it makes perfect sense.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   

I heard Grambler say that Trump thought the people from Poor countries like Haiti were just fine, it was just the governments that were #ty. I guess he was wrong, this move proves Trump thinks the people are #ty, too. Which isn’t surprising.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: KTemplar

This is a good anectdote and I take note of it, but hardly an accurate statistical study. I guess that’s okay, just know that meeting two or three Haitians isn’t a high enough sample size to portray characteristics in the population.

However, I guess I’ll go ahead and do my own generalizing based on who I’ve met. I’ve never met Haitians before, but I have met tons of gays, lesbians, Hispanics, blacks, transgenders, Muslims and more who were all excellent, hard-working people.

The Hispanics are harder workers than most whites I know and have stronger family values, as well. Lots of them run their own businesses.

The Muslims are also hard workers and I haven’t had any trouble with them pushing their beliefs on me, although I don’t agree with their beliefs or religion in general, I definitely have experienced more Christians of various denominations pushing their beliefs on others than Muslims, and the Muslims I’ve met have all been fairly normal people.

The gays and transgenders and lesbians I know are also hard workers, and they have more empathy than most of the people I know, possibly due to being prosecuted. The ones I know are highly intelligent.

I’ve met Syrian refugees before, and they were also hard workers and seemed fairly normal.

I’ve met white Christians before, and surprisingly, their work ethic is much less than the other groups I mentioned, and they lack as much empathy due to what seems to be a lack of understanding that different belief systems than their own exist, could have legitimate points of view, and aren’t a plot by the antichrist to take over America.

Despite pretending to follow Christ, most white Christians I know are materialists who go out of their way to sabotodge people with different beliefs than them and in addition are heavily judge mental and seem to hate the idea of altruism or empathy.
edit on 18pmThu, 18 Jan 2018 19:40:36 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 18pmThu, 18 Jan 2018 19:41:50 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

As far as I know based on research I’ve done and people I’ve talked to, the U.S. needs more agricultural workers and in addition, every farm owner or orchard owner I talk to notes that Hispanics are far superior to whites in their work ethic and efficiency.

In addition to this, seasonal workers who come here from other countries are improving the lives of themselves and their families back home dramatically, so taking away this opportunity actually harms them more than helps them.

It is a mutually beneficial relationship, unlike slavery. I’m sure that their pay could go up or the quality of their housing could go up (many live in communities built for farm workers around here that aren’t that great, I think some even live in bunks in some cases). But let’s not harm them and our economy by going backwards.

Ive visited parts of Mexico on a mission trip, and their houses were built out of scrap metal and looked like they were pieced together from supplies found at the dump, so it could still be an improvement.

Sure, let’s allow in educated Haitians and Muslims in to our country, too. There are actually quite a lot of educated immigrants in the U.S., in fact, the tech industry was concerned with the “Muslim Ban” because it would limit their access to high-quality workers.
edit on 18pmThu, 18 Jan 2018 19:35:16 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 18pmThu, 18 Jan 2018 19:37:09 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 18pmThu, 18 Jan 2018 19:37:39 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   
What you seem to misunderstand is the fact that Trump isn't politically correct. Had this been "delayed" you would be screeching that he was "hiding" it. Anything to screech about it seems....
Why in the name of law and order would this be "delayed" and allow more abusers and fraudsters into the country during the "delay" of announcement. If fraud and abuse are uncovered, it IS NOT OKAY to allow it to continue for the sake of public relations.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

I did state that I realize only 3 people do not represent a whole country or culture; but obviously the evidence is there, otherwise it wouldn’t be an issue.

The most important issue IMO is the fact that illegals can get welfare, housing, free healthcare, scholarships while we have homeless vets.

If we keep giving to those who haven’t earned it; SSI and other programs will go bankrupt. It is not fair!

Why should bad and lazy behavior be rewarded?

edit on 19-1-2018 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join