It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYPD officers raid Newsweek headquarters

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Interesting stuff. Newsweek was bought by IBT.

Per wikipedia

IBTimes was launched in 2005; it is owned by IBT Media,[3] and was founded by Etienne Uzac and Johnathan Davis. Its headquarters are in a former Newsweek office in the Financial District of Lower Manhattan, New York City.[7]

Per Fortune:www.fortune.com...

So tweeted Etienne Uzac, CEO of IBT Media, over the weekend. He was certainly upstaged Monday afternoon when Jeff Bezos announced he was buying the Washington Post. Still, Newsweek is a big name, especially to be acquired by a company you’ve probably never heard of. And yet despite his new media property’s high profile, Uzac’s tweet was a dud, retweeted exactly once, loyally, by the managing editor of IBT’s flagship website, IBTimes.com.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

This is where it all starts... a tyranny style crackdown on free press.

Today its just apparent "tax evasion"... But soon many other media networks reporting 'unsactioned' stories on the government will start being raided for espionage and other such claims...

Sieg heil, mein fuhrer Trump!

I’m fairly certain the DA represents the state, not the federal gov.

Your fuhrer de Blasio?

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Today its just apparent "tax evasion"... But soon many other media networks reporting 'unsactioned' stories on the government will start being raided for espionage and other such claims...

Can you point me to where it says Trump forced the NYPD and DA to raid them? Oh whats that? Bill Deblasio is mayor? Wonder why he didn't call them off..

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

originally posted by: dawnstar
they might have been taking an inventory of the assets, but leaving them there in hopes that the company will pay the money they owe, if they don't they will be back to pick and chose what they want to take and sell to get the money that is owed...
but, I am just guessing here.

You're probably right. I just can't see the servers being worth even a fraction of what is owed.

They're not. The "source" says the DA's investigation is into the procurement of the servers themselves.

Which "source" says that? I didn't find that in the OP source. You got a different one for your statements? If so, please post it. First the one with NYPD denying and the one with the statement about procurement.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

Yes but he couldn't have done anything without Putin's authorizations.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: bluesjr

Bleachbit cloth?

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

You can google it as easily as I can.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Theirs no such thing as 'states rights', under a tyrannical federal government, who actively attacks any negative opposition... with the full support of the masses behind them.

Kind of sad really, there was a time when US citizens were passionate about freedom of speech and holding government accountable... but then Trump came along... and now their just like lemmings, mindlessly jumping off a cliff.

Any organization that criticizes the Trump government must be "FAKE NEWS"! Arrest them all, the masses will support it.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

So that's a "no" on what the comment you responded to asked?

That's all you had to say.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Getting Desperate

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Getting Desperate

Being lazy is desperate? Hardly. Even your own source has now removed any mention of NYPD being involved.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   

I didn't bring it to the thread. You did and now you're failing to provide a source? In most people's minds, that means it came from your imagination....so give us a source or retract it. Otherwise I will assume it DID come from your imagination.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   

That's hilarious. So under the guise of "freedom of the press" The press can do all the naughty illegal things they wish, like "Tax Evasion", "Racketeering", "Money laundering", etc..

Then when people who care about regular laws, (Trump supporters) (who) ask questions,-- the left (MSM supporters) (because MSM hate's Trump), can shout: "Sieg heil, mein fuhrer Trump!

Brilliant! (except it isn't really working anymore, even with the full force of the MSM pushing that excuse).

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   

You did and now you're failing to provide a source?

I told you how to verify it. If you've got too much of a chubby for my claim (and, apparently, none of the others made in the thread) to look it up yourself, that's not my problem.

In most people's minds, that means it came from your imagination

Cool. They can join you in the legion of google-impotent.

so give us a source or retract it.

Part one: see above. Part two: no. At least not until the original source retracts it, at which point I'll be happy to.

Otherwise I will assume it DID come from your imagination.

You know what they say about what happens when you assume things, so go right ahead.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   

a reply to: Wardaddy454

Theirs no such thing as 'states rights', under a tyrannical federal government, who actively attacks any negative opposition... with the full support of the masses behind them.

Kind of sad really, there was a time when US citizens were passionate about freedom of speech and holding government accountable... but then Trump came along... and now their just like lemmings, mindlessly jumping off a cliff.

Any organization that criticizes the Trump government must be "FAKE NEWS"! Arrest them all, the masses will support it.

Could you please give us the source showing where Trump has ordered opposition journalists arrested? The only record I can find in Google are the two who were hanging with the violent anarchists on the day Trump was sworn into office. Perhaps I've missed all the arrests since I don't follow msm. I do recall a great hue and cry about Obama persecuting 8 or 10 journalists under some WWI law but don't recall if any of them went to prison. Did he just have them shipped directly to those secret prisons?

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6
Wow! It took you more time to call me names than to look something up that you thought you knew. I'll keep that in mind when observing your posts from this point forward. That was a lot of words to admit that you have no source for what you posted.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

lol

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

they don't want to take the assets.. they will pick out the assets that will hinder their ability to stay in business the most, and hope the threat that they might lose them to at least negotiate an easy payment plan...

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   

And it took you even less time to make something up and claim I said it than it would’ve taken you to fire up those google fingers and educate yourself. Wow indeed!

I'll keep that in mind when observing your posts from this point forward.

I’ll sleep okay, despite knowing that.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

So you have no source. I understand. Thank you for making it clear.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join