It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

He made promises that he didn’t keep’: Laid-off factory workers feel betrayed by Trump

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Sad reflection of today's business World.

If it makes people feel better.......I read the other day that China is predicting its population will be.....

3.4 BILLION people by 2050!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's a lot of yours and my jobs needed to keep the people alive.

One would think that the Whole of China would produce nearly everything for the World.

OF course, Not counting the 3 billion people in India at the same time.... etc etc etc.

Though, there are still people that say we could fit everybody on Earth in Texas.............

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Are the coal mines hiring? You know.....quality jobs...

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

that is a good one coming from the side that came up w sjw, libtard,virtue signaler, etc etc at anyone that disagrees w heir trump or the rights narrative and constantly use them as pejoratives.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: aynock

So it was a BS deal to begin with.

Score one against Trump.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Any idiot who takes a politicians word at face value is a fool.

Trump can no more guarantee that a company will invest its money in its employees, or still want to remain within the US borders, or even in the same city, than he can guarantee that I will live another day.

People who buy into this rhetoric are ignorant, but people who use those who bought into it as ideological shrapnel are even worse.

But while Carrier is doing it's thing, let's not applaud the companies that are doing the right thing in the face of a better atmosphere in which Trump's tax cuts are allowing businesses to exist. I feel bad for these workers, but damn, they should have known better than to trust a politician who claims that they can guarantee their job with a private company while working from D.C. and having no direct control over how the company spends its money.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

The day of the free lunch is over? What does that even mean? And why wouldn’t you want to feed your employees? I think this old timer needs to get with the times.

You’re just an angry Trumpite

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   
In Trump's fast growing economy, those who are laid-off, can get another, even BETTER JOB, fairly quickly.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
In Trump's fast growing economy, those who are laid-off, can get another, even BETTER JOB, fairly quickly.

That's utter bs.

Those guys laid off have to be retrained and nothings guaranteed.

Maybe 40 years ago the economy was like that but not today

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

These people, against common sense, believed Trump. He’s a con man and he convinced them he would help them.

Most politicians are liars Trump is a conman too.

I know about this, I am an ex GM worker, laid off loads of times but the UAW got us good benefits, I left with a 50 grand buy out but still had to go to school to get retrained.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Here's the real Trump, not his twisted rhetoric or delusions

LINK

JOBS

Trump constantly promises “lots of jobs,” and boasts of cracking down on companies moving jobs abroad. Trump officially buried the Trans-Pacific Partnership, but that was dead anyway. He issued a “Buy America, Hire America” executive order, but that just called for a review, not action. Beneath the noise, workers are getting betrayed. Trump has introduced no jobs bill. His much-ballyhooed plan to rebuild America was glaringly absent from his first budget, which actually cuts spending on infrastructure. He has abandoned the End the Offshoring Act he promised in the first 100 days, which would use tariffs to discourage companies from moving abroad. Worse, he’s backed off pressuring China on the unprecedented trade deficits we suffer, and in so doing sacrifices American jobs for China’s supposed help with North Korea. Rather than ripping up NAFTA, he now says he’ll renegotiate it

Wages

Trump promised workers good jobs with good wages, but he has acted repeatedly to drive down wages. He won’t ask the Republican House to vote on raising the minimum wage. He supports the right-wing push for a “right to work” law, designed to weaken unions. Neil Gorsuch, his Supreme Court justice, will no doubt provide the fifth vote for gutting public-sector unions. Trump joined the Republican Congress to repeal Obama’s “Fair Pay and Safe Workplace” executive order, which was designed to protect federal contract employees from wage theft and workplace injuries. And the Trump administration has moved to delay—the first step to overturning—the Department of Labor’s overtime rule that would have guaranteed a 40-hour week and overtime pay for 4.2 million additional workers.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join