It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreamliner sets a new record.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woody510

For the prices they're quoting I'd sit on the wing mate

20+ years ago and I'd be right with you but at my age I required a bit more comfort. I'm sure the Ryan Air guy would do under the wing pods if they would let him LOL

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: FredT

Check your PMs.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: FredT

That wouldn't surprise me at all he was trying for flights with people stood up

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Not entirely related to the thread but not making a new on for this plus we've mentioned Ryanair and Norwegian in this. Both Ryanair and Norwegian have ordered 110 737 max and the bathrooms on them are causing a bit of situation as they've reduced the size of them to cram an extra 12. story so apparently if you're average sized you're getting stuck haha

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Woody510

They are doing their best to make air travel totally unpalatable for the average person. Two or three of the major carriers are going to slim line seats, that add anywhere from 9-12 seats to the coach cabin, or even more in one case IIRC.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

We don't help it though all wanting cheaper flights. I suppose the airlines logic is if you can't fit in one seat you buy two but they need to be careful about discrimination really.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Oh no, we definitely don't. We demand cheaper and cheaper flights, while wanting the same level of service we got 20 years ago.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I remember being on a monarch flight returning from Tenerife one time and I got put in these seats near the rear of the plane and I physically couldn't sit down in them. I'm not overweight but quite tall and my legs were just too long I couldn't get my ass on the seat. Meanwhile kids are all sat in the extra leg room seats I complained to the stewardess and said this can't be safe at all mentioned health and safety and she actually moved the kids on this occasion so I could sit down.
edit on 24-1-2018 by Woody510 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I got lucky on one flight out of Honolulu. I was in the last row, which didn't recline, because they were against the back wall that separated the cabin from the galley. Just after takeoff, I had someone offer me their window seat, because they were friends with the person next to me.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   

That's not bad then. On the way back from Florida we had a virgin 747 and it was only half full so most of us had a row of four to ourselves that was lovely. Sadly looking back on that flight now it was probably my last one on a 747. I'll always remember when we went to Australia and the 2nd leg of the journey was on the 777 when it had just come out. The big bonus was I was allowed into the cockpit which was so cool when I was like 9 or 10.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   

One of my trips to the Philippines when I worked at the airport was on Philippine Airlines. My coworker was friends with the guy that ran the Honolulu counter for them. So before I left I went and talked to him. He said if they were full in coach, he'd bump me to business, and if they weren't, he'd block out a row just for me. Most comfortable flight ever.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

And the Daily Fail fails again.

Despite the speed achieved being more than the speed of sound, the flight didn't actually go supersonic because the plane was travelling in a body of air that was already fast-moving, which increased the velocity needed to break the sound barrier.

Uhm, no. They weren't supersonic because the 776 mph was in ground speed, not airspeed.

Good thing they didn't hit a crosswind.

Cheers - Dave

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join