It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Trump Adviser Wants Hulk Hogan to Run for U.S. Senate in Florida

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Roger Stone was one of the first prominent Republican strategists to throw his support behind Donald Trump’s presidential run, at least until Trump ended their official relationship in August 2015 by saying his campaign adviser “no longer serves a useful function” and criticizing him as a “publicity seeker.”

Fast forward a couple of years, and Stone still is backing candidates who have extremely limited political experience.

Responding to a question from GOP consultant Patrick Slevin about U.S. Rep. Ron DeSantis’s plan to run for governor of Florida, Stone pivoted to talk about the state’s U.S. Senate race, where Democratic incumbent Bill Nelson is up for reelection this year. Rick Scott, Florida’s current governor who cannot run for that office again because of the state’s term-limit rules, is thought to be considering a run at Nelson’s seat, but Stone is hoping Scott loses in the primary … to noted statesman Hulk Hogan.

Source

In case people were worried that the Democrats had a monopoly on pushing terrible candidates for political office here comes Roger Stone to push what might possibly be the worst name thrown out yet. Hulk Hogan. Incumbent Senator Bill Nelson is up for re-election this year and everyone is expecting current Governor Rick Scott to challenge for the seat. Everyone except Stone it appears who wants Hogan to challenge Scott for the Republican nomination.

For those unfamiliar with Stone he has long history of being a political fixer/strategist/adviser for the Republican party dating back to Watergate. In more recent news he was one of the first people to back Trump in his run for President and served as a campaign adviser for most of 2015. Apparently disagreements arose and Stone left/was fired from the campaign. Despite this Stone continued to support Trump's run for President and formed a group that threatened "Days of Rage" if Trump was not given the Republican nomination. Stone apparently had such an influence on Trump's campaign that Ted Cruz accused him of being the puppet master behind the whole thing. He is also currently under investigation in regards to the whole Russian collusion thing.

I assume most here know Hulk Hogan, but I'll give a brief primer. Hogan rose to fame in the 80s as the face of the WWF. He pretty much became a cultural phenomenon and is pretty much the first wrestler to transition to Hollywood. His political experience includes an angle when he was working for WCW where he was "running" for President. His claim to fame in recent years is suing Gawker out of existence after they published a sex tape of him during which he complains about his daughter dating and sleeping with "n****rs."

I'm sure many will just blow this off as a single Republican, albeit an influential one, backing a ridiculous candidate and that he doesn't speak for the party as a whole. But let's not forget that many said the same thing when Stone originally backed Trump to run for President. So I don't think it's out of the question that a Hulk Hogan campaign could gain some serious legs if he chooses to run. Of course if he does run and he manages to win the nomination it certainly won't paint the Republican party in a pretty light considering the remarks Hogan made in the leaked tape.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

You wanna know how Idiocracy happens? This is how it begins and next thing you know we're all drinking Brawndo.

edit on 18-1-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   
the campaign commercials alone will make this worth it.
Whatcha gonna do brother??!!!
When Hulkamania runs wild on you?!

edit on 18-1-2018 by dashen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
This would be wonderful.

Some one pass the popcorn.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Jesse Ventura did it. Arnold Swarzeneggar. Who else? If it happens, I'm not surprised. Just don't vote for them.

In Idiocracy, it was intentional most parts of it reflected on modern reality, not on a distant one--like the influence of corporations, the popularity of soft drinks, entertainment addiction and the obesity crisis.

Most stories arne't about the future they're about the current world.
edit on 1/18/2018 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: jonnywhite
Jesse Ventura did it. Arnold Swarzennegar. Who else? If it happens, I'm not surprised. Just don't vote for them.

In Idiocracy, it was intentional most parts of it reflected on modern reality, not on a distant one--like the influence of corporations, the popularity of soft drinks, entertainment addiction and the obesity crisis.

Exactly....

If the Hulkster can get the corporate backing and the money that comes with it, the office is his.

We can make him TV spots and campaign material to make him look like the 2nd coming if he wants. We can herd the steeple any direction he pleases!!! believe me!!

It's all about the money and capitalism. MAGA, maga!!
edit on 18-1-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

well, Brawndo does have electrolytes!

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: dashen

The headline was funny but could you imagine the Huklster beating out one of the Dem.s finest lol I think Roger and many others would really get a great laugh at what that could trigger

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
hogan actually lives in florida, unlike hilllary who took over for new york.

if hogan is a us citizen, lives in florida, gets the signatures, then he can run.

the media 'tells' people its not cool to run for office. any us citizen who qualifies can run for office. its awesome actually.

the disney tv show hero davy crockett was just a super hero frontiersman, and he was in office. his legend lives on to this day, i doubt anyone asked about his iq.

the media will frown and condemn any outsider from running. me, i love it. i want all these old guys out of office for good.

until we take away the power of the inter-nationalists ruling the world, these elections do not matter too much anyways.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Oh wow, if only Florida native Randy "Macho Man" Savage was still alive... the Dems could throw him in against Hogan and the debates would be EPIC.
"Oooh Yeah, Taxes!!! Pay your taxes, Hogan!"
"Let me tell you somethin', Brother... you keep talking that smack about taxes and I'm gonna wrap my 24" pythons around the budget and squeeze some life right out of the pork spending."

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Well.. it is Florida

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: dantanna

the media will frown and condemn any outsider from running. me, i love it. i want all these old guys out of office for good.

Terry Gene Bollea aka the hulk is 64 and a member of my union, an indipendant that supported Obama and Romney.

and the media will adopt anyone that has the price of admission. Terry Gene has the money or can get it, believe me.
edit on 18-1-2018 by olaru12 because: brenda you there?

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: dantanna

lol.

like oprah?

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Hahaha

why not.

already had Ventura.
hahaha

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

You wanna know how Idiocracy happens? This is how it begins and next thing you know we're all drinking Brawndo.

It's time for Terry Crews to run for President.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

He did and he won.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   
In all honesty, he can't be worse then (D) Frederica Wilson. Almost nobody can.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Truer words....have never been uttered, that lady belongs in the funny pages especially with those diminutive cowboy hats 3 sizes too small for her head.

Or is that Shiela Jackson Lee? Hard to keep track of all the loons in DC
edit on 18-1-2018 by BlueJacket because: ? eta

Nope, ol Fred is the tiny hat lady...she looks like she could use a Brawndo
edit on 18-1-2018 by BlueJacket because: eta

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I would move to Florida just to watch that!

top topics

join