It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How does ICE distinguish Legal Citizens from Illegal?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Is it probable cause to simply look or appear Hispanic?

In my opinion, absolutely not!

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

No, they're not. The only difference is whether you like what they are saying.

They're not in so much as I don't have to talk to them or give them my ID, and that's the way it should stay. I don't need to live in a society where everyone with a badge gets to stop me for my papers.

I'm going to assume you have never had many experiences with the police. With that attitude, I sincerely hope you never do.

You can assume whatever it is you want since my personal interactions with law enforcement are irrelevant to the fact that they cannot stop and ask me for my ID under almost every circumstance. You may want to live in a police state but I certainly don't.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

originally posted by: JAGStorm
my question is how do they tell if you are here illegally or not? Are they just going by looks

If you're white, they are not looking for you.

So, if you're an undocumented Irish, with red hair and green eyes, you're safe.

If you're non-white, then it depends on how you speak, i.e. your accent.

If you "sound" Hispanic, like from Mexico or other Central American country, or from South America, they'll take you in for questioning. Then, you'd better have some ID.

If you don't have ID, and are brown skinned, you'll get detained, and maybe deported to somewhere, wherever they think you're from.

If you're black, they may or may not overlook you. That depends on the ICE agent.

What they are mostly looking for is Mexicans, and anyone who looks like they could be Mexican.

The more different you look from Mexican, the safer you are.

It's just another way to allow the officials to run your ID for warrants. They can stop anyone if they want to check for citizenship.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join