It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How does ICE distinguish Legal Citizens from Illegal?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   
"unknown number of U.S. citizens being detained each year."

To be honest this is something I really worry about. I hear about raids and sweeps by ICE. Regardless if you believe illegal immigrants should
be here or not, my question is how do they tell if you are here illegally or not? Are they just going by looks, are they going by others
calling in? Are they going by where you work? How would ICE know if someone was not a citizen? Is there an agenda to eventually "mark" all citizens?

If you looked at me and my family you would probably assume I leaned more toward the illegal side as we look quite ethnic, however you could not be more wrong. Not only has my family been here since 1650's, we also have significant Iroquois & Blackfoot backgrounds, same goes for my husband.

www.latimes.com...

www.usatoday.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Just my guess, but I'd bet the stories are distorted and largely untrue designed by leftist lying media to scare people. But if you are really worried, just carry your passport with you.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
But if you are really worried, just carry your passport with you.

I agree, vee all need to carry our paperz for ven the Gestapo may ask us for zem.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Don't be silly we should just be microchipping all the immigrants.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
Don't be silly we should just be microchipping all the immigrants.

Makes sense since the Masons already chipped the citizens.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   

I think there is a movie that covers a similar issue called Born in East LA in which a US citizen got deported by ICE because he happened to be in the middle of an ICE raid and he didn't have proper identification at the time and he was of Mexican Descent.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I'm going to go out on a limb here.

Most people carry ID. And I'm pretty sure it's a legal requirement for immigrants to carry their visas on their persons at all times.

Illegal immigrants will have no ID or fraudulent ID.

So it should be self explanatory.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   

I live on the TexMex border, believe me........I do! People get pulled over all the time. You gotta be polite for fear they'll plant something in the truck. And of course, a lot of people just.......disappear. Abucted by the occupants of the UFO's, I suppose.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

And when the 'most people' who don't get stopped, then what? I don't always carry my driver's license, nor should I need to.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
I live on the TexMex border, believe me........I do! People get pulled over all the time. You gotta be polite for fear they'll plant something in the truck. And of course, a lot of people just.......disappear. Abucted by the occupants of the UFO's, I suppose.

That's great, just how the government is not supposed to function.

Might as well give us all a well-earned vacation in the east.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Yeah, I mean, mistakes are going to happen. So what if ICE accidentally 'deports' an American Citizen? Its probably something like 1 accidental American deported for every 100 illegals. I don't think any God Fearing Republican American is going to balk too much at that ratio.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

Have you read any of the stories? Keeping a guy locked up for 3 years, not letting an American Citizen talk to a judge or counsel?

Maybe you don't have a problem with that, but I sure do.

Also, it is illegal for ICE to detain an American Citizen, are you ok with them not following the law. Some of the stories show that people have said over and over they are citizen, some have even provided proof. I'm sorry this is not a case where ooops accidents happens is ok.

theoutline.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: watchitburn

And when the 'most people' who don't get stopped, then what? I don't always carry my driver's license, nor should I need to.

You flash the Masonic high-sign and you're on your way.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

No high-sign, just a handshake with the lions paw.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   
It isn't a problem unless you "look illegal", so if you're white, you're okay. probably even if you're white and here illegally from, oh I don't know, just picking a random country.....Russia.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   

As an employer I can find out by entering your social, name, birthdate, etc into everify.

What it will tell me is if the social and name match the birthdate. From there the state ID can give you a facial match.

It can be faked, for sure...but it takes some effort and money to do so.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
I'm going to go out on a limb here.

Most people carry ID. And I'm pretty sure it's a legal requirement for immigrants to carry their visas on their persons at all times.

Illegal immigrants will have no ID or fraudulent ID.

So it should be self explanatory.

If you can give a name and birthdate that match, you usually won't be harassed for not having ID. They just need to identify who you are (for whatever reason, good or bad).

Driving without a license, however...might as well steal the kings horse.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   
LOGIC, check their ID... if they have none, haul them in and determine their status. That usually entices a response from the citizen, illegal or legal. They usually come up with an ID in short order.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I have a feeling that, should you ever be in the middle of a raid, the easiest way to handle the situation would be to just comply until the commotion dies down, then tell an officer your name, your phone number, your address, and where you work/what you do. You could even give him the name/address of someone who can verify your identity, a neighbor, a co-worker, your boss... He will check it out and even if you don't have ID, the information can be easily verified. If a one-on-one stop, you don't even have to wait for the commotion to die down. You can always also memorize your ID number and it can be verified electronically on the spot.

Of course, it's easier to just carry ID. I do, and I don't look ethnic (unless back-woods hick is considered ethnic).

I admit is is not optimal for someone in your situation, but that's the price of living in a society. I have been arrested falsely before, because I looked like the actual perpetrator. It wasn't pleasant, but it was an honest mistake.

Unless you're driving... or going by a bank... or buying alcohol... or tobacco products...

I have my DL number memorized... it can be run through a database and pulled up if necessary. Also, most people just stick their ID in their wallet. You don't just decide to leave that at home when you go out, do you?

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

You are the only one that kinda answered my question. As an employer you have means to sort through people that are applying for a job. I assume you go through the same thing for each employee and can weed out people that way based on what you are looking for. Good.

So now back to ICE. I guess what I am asking is there racial profiling going on, (it seems only Mexicans are being targeted) or are they going by something else? Are they just randomly asking people on the street because they are looking a little too tan that day, or are they only going by tips. How random is this stuff? Are they just doing stops and ask everyone for ID?

There are 56 million Hispanics in the United States, I understand that Hispanics also makeup a little over half of illegal immigrants. But how do you get one without trampling on the rights of the other???

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join