It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Korean Regulator Investigating Staff Insider Trading of Cryptocurrencies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   

An official from South Korea's Financial Supervisory Service (FSS) has reportedly said that an investigation is underway into claimed insider trading within his organization.

Choi Heung-sik, governor of the FSS, said the regulator – an executive arm of the Financial Services Commission – will make public any findings on the allegations of illegal trading of cryptocurrency by one of its staff members

Shady

I knew it if this turns out to be true. Too much drama coming from the Korean side of the crypto market.

What do you think?

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

I think people jumped on the cryptocurrency bandwagon too fast.

People will regret getting involved in this hype when they realize these instruments have no value, regardless of what the market tells them.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

People will regret getting involved in this hype when they realize these instruments have no value, regardless of what the market tells them.

There are a lot of companies that have real world applications that are being used and complimented.

edit on 18-1-2018 by liejunkie01 because: Edited out the word commodity. Wrong word to use

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: liejunkie01

There are a lot of companies that have real world applications that are being used and complimented.

What intrinsic value do any of them have?

If their bottom falls out, you are left with nothing.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. I'd rather have a discussion three years from now gloating over the $500 investment I made in 2018 turned into much, much more rather than saying I wish I had put down a bit of cash. Only time will tell if I made a good decision.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   

You should read this, takes 5 minutes

tomluongo.me...

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti

originally posted by: introvert

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. I'd rather have a discussion three years from now gloating over the $500 investment I made in 2018 turned into much, much more rather than saying I wish I had put down a bit of cash. Only time will tell if I made a good decision.

Good luck to you.

On the very surface of it, it is highly illogical and it appears currencies like bitcoin will perform exactly like most commodity trading does. It may have it's ups and downs, but it will always trend down in the long run.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   

If their bottom falls out, you are left with nothing.

Same with any currency.
edit on 18-1-2018 by JosephKnecht because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   

It was a roller coaster ride that's for sure, Reddit was a war zone lol.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   
To be honest, I suspect there is FAR more than one insider individual involved....especially the nature of three different announcements within a week, swinging the market a different way.

My bet is that they are also partnered up with some insiders in China too.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

I completely agree.

I know the market is volatile but it seems like it us being manipulated pretty hard.

top topics

join