It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeff Flake compares Trump's attacks on 'Fake News' media to STALIN

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Nutcase Senator Jeff Flake addressed a whole league of about 3 people in a speech where he attacked Trump for attacking the MSM and all their lies.

The "Press" has been getting away with lying and manipulating for decades.

Now Trump comes along and calls 'em out and we have these reactionary politicians STILL crying.

!! Flake made his case with comparisons to Russian Joseph Stalin and even Khrushchev !!

I'm happy to see these crazies continuing to expose themselves as the clowns they are.

Jeff Flake compares Trump's attacks on 'Fake News' media to STALIN in blistering speech to nearly empty Senate chamber as White House says he's 'looking for attention'

Senator Jeff Flake delivered a scathing anti-Trump speech Wednesday

He compared the president to Soviet despot Joseph Stalin for calling five news outlets 'the enemy of the American people'

Flake slammed Trump for using 'words infamously spoken by Joseph Stalin to describe his enemies'

The Republican announced in October he would no longer run for re-election under the Trump administration

Only two fellow senators, both Democrats, attended Wednesday's speech

White House fired back saying Flake 'has terrible poll numbers' and is 'looking for some attention'

Press secretary noted that while Flake complained about despots, he defended Cuba's government this month over 'sonic weapon' attacks on U.S. diplomats

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   

"Comment: While @WikiLeaks, as a primary source organization with a perfect verification record welcomes debate over 'fake news' it should be noted that along with the U.S. establishment press, the Trump administration is a frequent source of false information. #FakeNewsAwards," WikiLeaks tweeted

He has a point.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

!! Flake made his case with comparisons to Russian Joseph Stalin and even Khrushchev !!

I'm happy to see these crazies continuing to expose themselves as the clowns they are.

The same side that said Chelseas Mannings bid to run for the senate was a Commie Plot?

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   

he later retracted and ....

Flake said if Trump really was like Stalin "people like me would be in Gitmo (Guantanamo Bay) or worse." But the president's attacks on the press nonetheless have implications for journalists around the world.

edit on 18-1-2018 by dashen because: Go straight to Gulag

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Seriously he has a point.

I heard trump was wiretapping reporters that were looking in to him, and arresting journalists and sources at a record pace.

Oops, my mistake, that was Obama

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   

You know what, I am sick and tired of literally everything that is negative about trump, being called fake news. That includes Russia, because people are lying to the FBI for a reason. The indictments have gone out for a reason. People have been arrested for a reason. Bannon will be interviewed by Muller for a reason.

Why would the White House put a gag order on Bannon? I mean REALLY??

www.yahoo.com...

trumps started his presidency spreading fake news, about how his inauguration was bigger than Obamas. That is how he started his presidency. Bragging, when clearly his inauguration was much smaller than Obamas, even SPICER admitted last week, it was not as big as Obamas.

It is that important for trump, to have the bigger crowed, he will lie about it, when it was clearly a much smaller crowed. That was FAKE NEWS....trump spreads more fake news than the MSM ever has. About anything and everything.

No matter how big or how small, trump will spin it to make himself look good, and his followers just cant get enough. SO MUCH WINNING, OH I mean SO MUCH WHINING.

edit on 18-1-2018 by kurthall because: add

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   
this is clearly Flake News.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Dito.

The expression dates back to Roman times.[2] The Senate declared emperor Nero a hostis publicus in AD 68.[3] The words "ennemi du peuple" were extensively used during the French revolution. On 25 December 1793 Robespierre stated: "The revolutionary government owes to the good citizen all the protection of the nation; it owes nothing to the Enemies of the People but death".[4] The Law of 22 Prairial in 1794 extended the remit of the Revolutionary Tribunal to punish "enemies of the people", with some political crimes punishable by death, including "spreading false news to divide or trouble the people".

en.wikipedia.org...

#Donaldspierre

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Did Flake call out Obama when he kicked the press off air force one?

www.mediaite.com...

no?

Or when Obama went after Fox news?

www.newsweek.com...

no?

So it's only because Trump. Hmmmm, sounds like Flake is upset the swamp is draining and he will be gone with it.

edit on 1/18/2018 by Martin75 because: Sorry about links I'm mobile

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Flake clearly knows nothing about history... Stalin brutally killed his enemies! It's a good thing he's leaving the Senate since he's a moron.
edit on 18-1-2018 by rockdisjoint2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   
The Left has a serious case of selective memory, with a huge dose of hypocrisy mixed in.

www.newsweek.com...

Sessions’s DOJ still has to play catch-up to reach the number of leak investigations from Obama’s time. DOJ prosecutors under the Obama administration pursued nine leak cases, and in May 2013 it was disclosed that federal investigators had surreptitiously seized two months’ worth of phones records from Associated Press reporters and editors, including home phones and cellphones, The New York Times reported.

www.cbsnews.com...

(CBS News) Court documents released this week show the Obama administration secretly monitored a Washington journalist. In seeking a search warrant, the FBI called Fox News' James Rosen a "criminal co-conspirator," even though he isn't charged with any crime.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Two wrongs make a right I guess.

It is 2018 after all..

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   
The deal is, smith mundt has allowed media to be propagandized

Its hilarious we are worried about Russian interferance. Uncle Sam wants only his lies presented.

Then when the president calls it out hes referred to as Stalin, and not the folks running government propaganda.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Two wrongs make a right I guess.

It is 2018 after all..

Who said that?

But please, you think flake had a point that trump is being Stalin like.

But then again, it is 2018.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Did you fully read the second article that you linked? Obama=9 leaks cases during his Admin. 3 are proven to be from the Bush Admin. Sheesh

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   

I think a guy who regularly says false things pointing out others saying false this is obviously using propaganda.

Which was part of Stalin's tactic. Trying to get the public to believe the media is the enemy.

The public is well aware (yet they use the sources of their confirmation bias daily)

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I agree with you on media propaganda, but that doesn't mean we shouldnt worry about foreign manipulation.

You can blame congress for using the investigation for partisan baloney. On both sides.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

I think a guy who regularly says false things pointing out others saying false this is obviously using propaganda.

Which was part of Stalin's tactic. Trying to get the public to believe the media is the enemy.

The public is well aware (yet they use the sources of their confirmation bias daily)

Omg!

I just read that Stalin liked to eat food, and wear pants.

Who does that sound like?

Yep, trump!

We are doomed!!!!

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Im not so sure about the "other side"....there seems to be some corruption and weaponizing of federal agencies

And i have no issue with hardening ourselves against outside influence. But it wont invvolve educating the public on how to spot propaganda, because it would make us believe their BS less.

The people in government are not our friends

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Flake is leaving politics and employing a scorched-retreat.

Trump doesn't "attack" the media. As we saw last night, he points out when they LIE.

Flake did Attack Trump, however.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join