It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman finds out if stranger she found on Facebook is her dad - despite her mum not remembering him

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 06:42 AM
link   
In today's Jeremy Kyle Show , the presenter was faced with a case that was shocking even for him.

Susie, 32, had come on the ITV show with her mum Nicola and Charles - who she'd discovered on Facebook and messaged asking if he was her dad.

Susie's mum couldn't remember Charles, and Charles couldn't remember her - but they both thought there could be a possibility they'd had a one night stand back in the day.

Susie explained: "We're both into reggae, we've both got high cheekbones, and the hair.

www.mirror.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Incase if you dont know, jeromy kyle show is a favorite show of British 6 finger community.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 06:49 AM
link   

In today's Jeremy Kyle Show

And just like that ATS reached a new low....

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Ahhhhhh....the British slag. Unfortunately not an endangered species

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pandaram
Incase if you dont know, jeromy kyle show is a favorite show of British 6 finger community.

So he Could be her dad AND her brother?

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

So he Could be her dad AND her brother?

You have no idea.. only the mass immigration stop this community from growing 7th finger.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I haven't looked at the link or seen any pictures of this female. If I was to place a bet on her being grossly overweight, tats, piercings, ugly and lots of children from a variety different fathers, would I win it.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

No,no, you're thinking of Wal-Mart.
This is a t.v. show

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience
I haven't looked at the link or seen any pictures of this female. If I was to place a bet on her being grossly overweight, tats, piercings, ugly and lots of children from a variety different fathers, would I win it.

Nah lol.. look like avarage American family. Look your self.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I won't thanks, Im having lunch.
a reply to: Pandaram

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   

I suppose the US equivalent would be the Maury Povich show.
Odd, that she ran across someone (how?) on FaceBook and because they looked similar, she thought maybe this was her Dad.
They seem like nice enough folks and I hope that she can find her Dad. I was unable to meet my birth father before he died and his family is unwilling to communicate (except one of my sisters that I have spoken to briefly) and I suppose it hurts a bit, I don't dwell on it. It's their loss, IMO.
My oldest sister was never told who her father was and we suspect she was the product of a rape. My mother took that to the grave with her as she said she always would.
My sister came to my Mom's bedside right before death and had hoped that she would relent at the end and open up. Not only was it too late but, I didn't believe it would happen anyway. My sister was very sad not knowing who her father was her entire life. I tried searching through all of the information that I had to help her but, there was nothing.
She has been diagnosed with Alzheimer and with that crushing diagnosis, I wish that I could give her peace while she would still be able to grasp it.
I hope this young woman can find the answers and closure that she needs and I hope she is prepared if the answers are less than desirable.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird

Odd, that she ran across someone (how?) on FaceBook and because they looked similar, she thought maybe this was her Dad.
They seem like nice enough folks and I hope that she can find her Dad. I was unable to meet my birth father before he died and his family is unwilling to communicate (except one of my sisters that I have spoken to briefly) and I suppose it hurts a bit, I don't dwell on it. It's their loss, IMO.
My oldest sister was never told who her father was and we suspect she was the product of a rape. My mother took that to the grave with her as she said she always would.
My sister came to my Mom's bedside right before death and had hoped that she would relent at the end and open up. Not only was it too late but, I didn't believe it would happen anyway. My sister was very sad not knowing who her father was her entire life. I tried searching through all of the information that I had to help her but, there was nothing.
She has been diagnosed with Alzheimer and with that crushing diagnosis, I wish that I could give her peace while she would still be able to grasp it.
I hope this young woman can find the answers and closure that she needs and I hope she is prepared if the answers are less than desirable.

WoW.. thats escalated quickly.. i am depressed now..

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   

WoW.. thats escalated quickly.. i am depressed now..

OOh no!!!
Im sorry!!
Didn't mean to make you sad and probably shouldn't have wrote it...
Don't worry, be happy!

It's just life

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

The US equivalent is/was Jerry Springer, except Jeremy Kyle's fights are real.

The show shouldn't exist, IMO.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Well, first, I would like to ask precisely what you are thinking about this situation, rather than just what the situation is. Seems kind of imperative for a rant to feature at least some commentary, some indication of how you feel about the events being discussed

From my perspective, I look at this from the historical point of view. In the sixties, with the advent of the free love movement and the hippy culture, things became rather fluid for a time, people getting together one moment, and forgetting their names the next, if not which planet they happened to be on when they parted company. Lots of kids were born out of extremely temporary dalliances, and grew up to become adults, mothers and fathers themselves. Some of them dealt very well with this, others badly, as with any situation, any maturation from youth to adult hood, whether both parents are around or not.

Is it sad that this young lady does not know who her father is? Of course it is. But does that mean anything more broadly than that, about the culture she grew up in or from? No. Nothing at all. It takes all sorts of people to make a world.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Do you know why your mother would take this knowledge that your sister desperately wanted to the grave? Seems pretty cold hearted.

As for the OP, at least this woman was going into this in a discovery way, not in an accusational way. I hope she finds her father.

I'm always amazed when I happen to click past Jerry Springer and they have these cases. I recall one where the girl was sure than the father of her baby was 1 of 4 or 5 different men. Turned out it was none of theirs. Maybe I'm sheltered, but how does someone get to this point?

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: fritzM

Do you know why your mother would take this knowledge that your sister desperately wanted to the grave? Seems pretty cold hearted.

None of us are really sure. She never would discuss it. Kept it a secret for 80 years.
Her childbirth was quite difficult, she almost died, suffered a stroke and never raised my sister as her own, her mother raised her. She had to learn to walk and talk again, it took many years and had many health and mind related issues her entire life. It does seem unusually cruel and she wasn't that type of person, stubborn and set in her ways but, not generally cruel. I almost wonder if she truly did not remember after the birth and could only guess...maybe some sort of amnesia...since she had forgotten everything else and basically was an infant again herself.

top topics

join