It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds planning massive Northern California immigration sweep

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Feds planning massive Northern California immigration sweep to strike against sanctuary laws

I wonder how this is going to play out especially since much of the local enforcement arm is instructed to not assist the Feds/ICE. There was another thread that said mayors and maybe even the governors of sanctuary states could be held in contempt and arrested.. That would be something to see if it could be done IMO.

Anyway typical Federal government which moves slowly at times......they seem to be getting ready to make some serious sweeps... You gotta love how this secret operation is really not so secret anymore..!?

www.sfgate.com...

U.S. immigration officials have begun preparing for a major sweep in San Francisco and other Northern California cities in which federal officers would look to arrest more than 1,500 undocumented people while sending a message that immigration policy will be enforced in the sanctuary state, according to a source familiar with the operation.

Officials at Immigration and Customs Enforcement, known as ICE, declined to comment Tuesday on plans for the operation.

The campaign, centered in the Bay Area, could happen within weeks, and is expected to become the biggest enforcement action of its kind under President Trump, said the source, who requested anonymity because the plans have not been made public.

Well, now that they advertised it, you have to wonder how many holes their DRAGNET has ?

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Who advertised it? What is your source’s source?

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Perhaps a sorcerer?

Sorry, I'm out,

Bally

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 05:43 AM
link   
www.sfgate.com...

Federal immigration officials in the Bay Area arrested 27 people this week, most with past criminal convictions, as part of a national sweep targeting cities that prohibit cooperation between local law enforcement and U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, the agency said Thursday.

The arrests in San Francisco, San Jose, Sunnyvale and Morgan Hill — and more than 100 in Los Angeles — were part of a four-day sweep that began Sunday. Overall, ICE officials acting in eight states and Washington, D.C., arrested 498 people from 42 countries who were in the United States illegally.

Of those, 181 had no previous criminal conviction, according to ICE. The remaining 317 had been convicted of crimes ranging from trespassing to rape, with the largest single offense driving under the influence.

www.sfgate.com...
California's SB54 law

SB54 bars law enforcement officers in the state from arresting individuals based on civil immigration warrants, asking about a person’s immigration status, keeping an undocumented inmate in jail on an immigration hold, or participating in any joint task force with federal officials for the purpose of enforcing immigration laws.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Who said it was secret?

It was one of Trump’s main campaign platforms. They've been saying it's coming for two years now.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Who said it was secret?

It was one of Trump’s main campaign platforms. They've been saying it's coming for two years now.

That should have given those who could, plenty of time to disappear, no?

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 06:17 AM
link   

I thought making them disappear was the whole point?

Maybe they’ll all sneak back over that border into Mexico.

No but seriously, my point was that according to your OP and the source contained within, the city of San Fran is advertising it, not the DOJ or anyone from the WH.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 07:03 AM
link   
undocumented people,I just love this part, the lefts sweet way of saying LAWBREAKING ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS!!

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   
50/50...

.....there is a sweep and someone blabbed....

.....its made up BS meant to sell papers to riled up locals

(post by Oldtimer2 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Now this is a witch hunt! A guy who had been in the U.S. for 30 years was deported, and his family is still here, no criminal record, speaks fluent English (that is a BIG one for me). There is a better way to go about all of this, without ripping families apart. I do agree we have a problem, I just don't agree that this is the way to fix it.

Come on Muller.......

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I think we can let them stay, but only in a 1 for 1 swap.

We let one illegal become a citizen, but one leftist snowflake gets deported to the country the illegal came from.

I think that's perfectly reasonable.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

.....its made up BS meant to sell papers to riled up locals

Gotta keep up appearances. If there are any 'Plans', it will be token efforts, so as not to affect production.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

We all love a nice bottle of wine.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   
The gov't.s can't afford the loss of FREE revenue. The majority of these folks actually work and many do so w/fictitious Social Security numbers and they will NEVER get out what they've paid in. The hotel industry; landscape industry would suffer and if You want to EAT, guess who has their hands on 80% of the food produced in Ca., granted even the certified "Organic™" is laden w/poisons and contaminants but it isn't the picker's fault...

Stay Hydrated... (for those in Southern Ca. that would be w/Northern Ca.'s water via The Aqueduct that flows through Central Ca. where that food they're eating is grown.. Good Luck)

P.S. I did participate in a "Round Up" of Illegals. They were strippers brought in for the grape pickers in Napa Valley and there is a whole bunch of them. As I enjoy My vin, I'd vote 'No'

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

Now this is a witch hunt! A guy who had been in the U.S. for 30 years was deported, and his family is still here, no criminal record, speaks fluent English (that is a BIG one for me). There is a better way to go about all of this, without ripping families apart. I do agree we have a problem, I just don't agree that this is the way to fix it.

Come on Muller.......

What is "your" way to fix it?
Amnesty? I am against any broad form.

A message has to be sent. No more!!!

Unfortunately, there will be some very sad cases, but I have a hard time being sympathetic, when they broke the law, and so much tax $ is being spent.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   
What ?? The perk for picking grapes is strippers ??
Lord if American men knew that the grape farms would no longer need illegals lol .

Really out in the hot sun picking grapes irrataded along come a women starts stripping
No longer irrataded but not picking grapes lol

This is a HUGE problem our agro system has been set up and kept running using illegals and now our food prices rely on this .
If the Government succeeds in deporting all illegals expect many food prices to sky rocket .
Tomatoes - most fruit - many vegs all cheep because farms dont pay even 5.00 per hour for the pickers .
Americans dont want teh jobs ?? LOL

PS this is personal experience the very very best pickers just hit 50.00 a day for a 10 - 12 hour day .
we are chooping off our own feet but the slaves are being freeded
edit on 18-1-2018 by midnightstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Mach2

Think of that tax money as a subsidy that keeps food prices down.

Isnt so bad from that perspective

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
I think we can let them stay, but only in a 1 for 1 swap.

We let one illegal become a citizen, but one leftist snowflake gets deported to the country the illegal came from.

I think that's perfectly reasonable.

Well as we learned this week, there are no crappy countries other than the U.S. under trump, so liberals should be happy to move.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Mach2

Think of that tax money as a subsidy that keeps food prices down.

Isnt so bad from that perspective

Not buying it. It may have some impact, but that is dwarfed by the costs of the many social programs, not to mention the $ that are sent back to the home countries.

Ignoring a problem doesn't solve the problem.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join