It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American stalls at Aero india-2005 >> wierd, funny

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
The markings I suspect were to rake in the crowds...
Hey stealth spy,, did you meet one "Akshay Phadke" sqdrn ldr i think, from the surya kiran team??
I know him personally; friends when we were kids..
I've also met Winco Sandeep Singh, Rathore and sqdrn ldr. Srivastav here at Lohegaon.. All from the 30 Sqdrn. Rhinos..

i met the leader of the suryakiran team, padmanabhan.

there is a lady in the surya kiran team too !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

met all the akash ganga paratroopers

i met all the usaf pilots, but did'nt get a chance to meet any MKI pilots

interacted with lots of russian, french, israeli defence personnel too

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   
that lady is the administrator, not a flier, I think she does the narration as well..

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by rajkhalsa2004
heres one src

another from bbc

cool . u might wanna check this out too :

As part of its 10-year military and technological cooperation pact signed with India recently, Russia is wooing the Indian aerospace industry for jointly designing, developing and producing a stealth fighter aircraft for the global market.

The proposed fifth generation fighter, to be first inducted into the Russian air force by 2010, is not only set to match the capabilities of the F-35 joint strike fighter, being developed by the US-based Lockheed Martin Aeronautics, but is expected to cost less.

The Moscow-based Sukhoi Design Bureau, authorised by the Russian government to take up the stealth fighter project, will soon begin discussions with the Indian aerospace industry.

"The ball is now in the Indian court. We are keen that Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL) and other Indian defence R&D organisations join the program," Sukhoi Aviation Corporation official Aleksey A Poveshchenko told rediff.com in Bangalore on Friday.

India has already demonstrated its technological prowess by indigenously developing the Light Combat Aircraft (LCA), the Advanced Light Helicopter (ALH) and by co-producing the BrahMos cruise missiles with the Russians in a cost-effective manner.

"In view of India's strengths and skills in designing and developing fighter aircraft, helicopters, missiles, avionics, radars and electronic warfare systems, we are upbeat that its association with the fifth generation fighter will vastly benefit its aerospace industry," Poveshchenko stated.

Poveshchenko said Russia intends to conduct the maiden test flight of the stealth fighter by 2006-07.

"We propose to deliver the first aircraft to the Russian air force by 2010. In case the Indian Air Force is not ready to induct the fighter into its fleet by then, it can join us in marketing it to other countries in view of its projected cost advantage over the F-35 joint strike fighter," Poveshchenko said.

full article

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   
pics :

OR

OR

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
that lady is the administrator, not a flier, I think she does the narration as well..

yeah i think so .

check out this cool link on the SK team.

Surya Kiran

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   
india can get the Pak-fa or the F-35 or the Eurofighter or the rafale if they want to.

the indian AF is perhaps, the hottest and "in the spotlight" AF at this point of time.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 04:12 AM
link   
hello people im new 2 this site.

By the way i read some forums on the web dissing the Tejas so much they called it "butt-ugly" i dunno i think it looks pretty cool besides its the performance that matters.

i don't have enough posts to send u2u but by the DEADALUS, India does not sponsor terrorism

[edit on 15-6-2005 by ansi_c12]

[edit on 15-6-2005 by ansi_c12]

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 07:38 AM
link   

india can get the Pak-fa or the F-35 or the Eurofighter or the rafale if they want to.

Last time I checked India was not involved in the F-35 program, so how can they get the F-35?

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I think the JSF was just to get people's attention, you know, as in play nice to the Indian military and get them to buy the F-16s and F-18s, but it didn't work out.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23

Last time I checked India was not involved in the F-35 program, so how can they get the F-35?

maybe this will help. (This is an Indian site, the interview is with CEO of Lockhead and has no official approval from the Govt of USA YET)

news link

Oh here is the quote for the lazier people by Richard Kirkland, vice president of Lockheed Martin:

"The F-16 leads to the F-35. My vision of the future is that one day India is going to be flying the F-35. I truly believe it. There is no comparison for the F-35—the French don't offer it, the Russians don't offer it. It only exists for US partners. One day the US and India will co-develop what's going to be next."

why this sudden focus on India is a good question? especially from the US of A.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   
The Lockheed Martin CEO wants nothing more than money, And selling F-35 to India in his eyes is a good way to make money. However there are things to consider other than money this is were the US Defense Department and congress come in and decide who gets what.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by rajkhalsa2004
heres one src

another from bbc

The rest can easily be googled.

[edit on 16-2-2005 by rajkhalsa2004]

hehe i read the BBC source and they mention that india has 700 MIG-21

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 05:55 AM
link   
hehe.. i wish.. we have only 1000 A/C..
Out of which 200 are trainers..if we had 700 MiG-21s then we'd have a lot more than 100 a/c

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join