It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian who met with Papadopolous being looked at by FBI for siphoning AU gov money to clintons

page: 1

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 11:19 PM
link   

An Australian investigative journalist who is a retired police detective said Tuesday he has been asked to provide the FBI with details about multiple allegations of mishandling millions of dollars contributed to the Clinton Foundation by the Aussie government.

“I have been asked to provide the FBI with further and better particulars about allegations regarding improper donations to the CF funded by Australian taxpayers,” Michael Smith told LifeZette.

At the center of Smith’s complaints are former President Bill Clinton, former Secretary of State and 2016 Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton, and multiple Australian government officials, including senior diplomat Alexander Downer, that government’s high commissioner to the United Kingdom.

Downer hit U.S. headlines recently when he was reported to have told the FBI of a May 2016 conversation he had with George Papadopoulos, then a campaign aide to President Donald Trump. Downer told U.S. law enforcement officials that Papadopoulos told him Russia had “dirt” on Hillary Clinton.

www.lifezette.com...

Let me start by saying I would want confirmation from the FBI before totally believing this story, and clearly the accusations do not prove a crime was committed.

Having said that, this story is important for two reasons if true.

First, it should infuriate Australians to know their tax money may have been inappropriately have been going to the Clinton Foundation, and there may have been criminality occurring.

The other part I find fascinating is finding out that the very Australian that met with Papadopolous and has been pushed by the NYT as being responsible for the start of the investigation may not only have a relationship with the clintons, but may be involved with some shadiness with them.

It seems strange that both of the people that crucial to the FBI's starting of the case have these connections to the Clintons, Steele and Downer.

Does this mean that Downer lied about what Papadopolous said? Unlikely seeing as how George plead guilty to lying to the FBI.

But Downer seems like he definitely would have had a motive to help the Clintons out. Who knows what George remembers saying if he was drunk.

BUt it will be interesting to get more info on that meeting and the case in the OP.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   
The AU government did put their money on Clinton, they figured she would take care of them when she won. It backfired, and I do not think Clinton would have actually repaid half the favors anyway. Those people should have donated to the DNC instead.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

As did the Saudi's and others the Clinton foundation was part pay to play,part protection racket

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Does it matter? The guy was drunk and babbled stuff and admitted it.

Seems like propaganda.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 12:20 AM
link   

This wouldn't surprise me, our government were gunning for Clinton and making fun of Trump, the prime minister even needed to ring Greg Norman to get trumps number , Doesnt infuriate me though that's one of many misappropriated spendings of tax money, the name of the game in politics is Theft.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 12:22 AM
link   

www.theaustralian.com.au...

12:00AM February 20, 2016
Australian governments of both political persuasions have paid more than $75 million in the past 10 years to arms of the Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation that are now mired in controversy.

The government has not made any formal donation to the Clinton Foundation, but since 2006 it has entered into a series of partnerships with the foundation in which the American presidential candidate’s family outfit acted as a “technical implementing partner” in the delivery of aid programs.

The government still has three active arrangements with the Clinton Health Access Initiative to deliver aid in Indonesia, Papua New Guinea and Vietnam.

Reports in US newspapers The Boston Globe and The Washington Post have accused CHAI of failing to adequately report to the US State Department its revenues from foreign governments.

The question of the money the Clinton Foundation raises from foreign governments became a political issue in the US when Hillary Clinton became secretary of state in 2009. It was agreed the Clinton Foundation would notify the State Department of any foreign donations or revenues. This was to ensure there were no conflicts of interest with foreign governments seeking goodwill with the secretary of state by donating­ money to what was then her husband’s foundation.

The Boston Globe alleges CHAI did not disclose all its foreign money to the department. It reporte­d that foreign government grants to CHAI had doubled from $US26m in 2010 to $US56m in 2013. A Republican Party website identifies Australia as the single biggest foreign-­government source of funds for the Clinton Foundation.

Australian government figures obtained by The Australian show a steady flow of government money to the foundation as a “technical implementing partner” since the 2006-07 financial year.

That year Australian taxpayers spent $6.5m through the Clinton Foundation. This increased to $9m the following year. The peak year so far was 2012-13, with $10.3m going to the foundation.

There is no suggestion of wrongdoing or financial impropriety by any Australian agency.

AusAID held CHAI to the same level of scrutiny and accounta­bility as it did all other recipien­ts of Australian aid dollars, and believed CHAI had a good record in bringing HIV testing and other medical services to impoverished communities.

It is not clear why Canberra had to go through an American foundation to deliver aid to Asian countries. There is now every chance the payments will become embroiled in presidential politics.

My uneducated guess would be that because Asia is so far from Australia it had to go through the Clintons 1st.

edit on 18-1-2018 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 01:02 AM
link   

I've the Australian govt paid money into the Clintion Foundation about mid way through the 2017 presidential election campagain.

There is a good article about this at Gumshoe News.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
The AU government did put their money on Clinton, they figured she would take care of them when she won. It backfired, and I do not think Clinton would have actually repaid half the favors anyway. Those people should have donated to the DNC instead.

The AU government did put their money on Clinton, they figured she would take care of them when she won.

I agree 100%.

I do not think Clinton would have actually repaid half the favors anyway.

I agree 100%

IMO the idea was to use Aus taxpayer funds to buy favours for a paricular individul, small group of individuals to buy access for a busienssedeal, or, a busienss organisation. At the end of the day, an individual or several of them would have left politics at the next election and promply been appointed to xyz company board of $........ per year as a consultant.

IMO these people are same people who put up big posters in social security officers saying "BEWARE OF WELFARE FRAUD, yea right mate.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 01:21 AM
link   

www.michaelsmithnews.com...

It appears about Ranbaxy supplying fake drugs to PNG that the Australian Govt paid for as aid to PNG

The Prime Minister's department was responsible for the detailed research on the risks and consequences of changing the pharmaceutical patent system.
Nor did it stop this, as DFAT told me in a statement last week:

“Prior to 2013, a small amount of Australian aid money was expended on Ranbaxy pharmaceutical products in Papua New Guinea to support the PNG Government’s health programs.” Kind regards Media Liaison Officer

Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade

Ho hum. A small amount of smoking gun. Perhaps not so small if it's you or your mum who got the Ranbaxy dodgy drugs.

It appears that a bigger objective was to give the Federal Court the power to over ride the Patent system in Australia

this from the Gillard Government in 2011 announcing Australia's intention to allow our Federal Court to override patent protections for certain pharmaceuticals.

Clinton held himself out as a proprietor of the Foundation in the MOU he signed. As a disqualified person with no role in the Presidential Library Foundation he purported to represent he had no authority or power to "make the battle against HIV a major area of focus for his Foundation"

Clinton should not have signed any CF documents - he had no authority

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 02:22 AM
link   
None of this surprises anymore. People are speaking up about it now because the hidden hand isn't in control of the entire body anymore, it's losing control due to one kink in their plan, and his name is Trump.

Doesn't matter what Country, everything is tied in. People like Soros and the Clintons are dirty and they'll lie cheat and steal if it helps their cause. What gets me is how they turn around after all that and cry about how hard done they are, it's such a farce. They deserve every last lashing they get for the Betrayal they've bestowed. They'll get their comeuppance.
edit on 18-1-2018 by BotheLumberJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler If this turns out to be true, I am outraged.

link   
a reply to: Grambler Crikey! a glitch. Sorry. First time.

edit on 18-1-2018 by bally001 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Grambler Okay triple post

link   
a reply to: Grambler Anyways, sorry about the glitch. As an aussie I am peed off. This needs to be confirmed and put out there

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler Dunno why Grambler but I'm having trouble replying to this post. Seems I'm getting cut off.

Regards,

bally

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Here is something odd:

Q's post from January 6:

How much did AUS donate to CF?
How much did SA donate to CF? Compare.
Why is this relevant?
What phone call between POTUS and X/AUS leaked?
List the leadership in AUS.
IDEN leadership during Hussein term.
IDEN leadership during POTUS' term.
Who controls AUS?
Who really controls AUS?
UK?
Why is this relevant?
Q

And now this comes out in the news twelve days later. This happens far too often to be a coincidence.

edit on 18-1-2018 by TomLawless because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Isn't it amazing though?

With all the BS that's been uncovered, Trump is immune to removal. I 100% guarantee civil war under even an attempt to remove him.

Patriots won't tolerate it. Period, end of discussion!

Thanks for tirelessly exposing the traitorous anti-American scum.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: TomLawless

Just like all the other times Dems have been caught accepting bribes, issuing bribes, embezzling money, and so on. Anytime you hear a career politician charged with some form of corruption it is ALWAYS a god-dam# Demonrat.

Ban the DNC.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Doesn't matter if this is true or not...it's not a story that includes Trump or Russia, so why should we care?

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   

If I find out that my tax $$ has gone to that hags child sex trafficking ring, I'm gonna #in lose it.

'This vexes me greatly'

top topics

join