It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jordan Peterson debate on the gender pay gap, campus protests and postmodernism

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

I enjoyed watching him. He seemed to have a hard time getting his words to be understood by the woman interviewing him, as she seemed to be more into manufacturing his words and trying to trap him with those, but his rebuttals were epic. He was simply stating facts, and leaving emotion out intentionally, and that seemed to irritate his host.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

No kidding... and she is a master of an emotion miner. Within milliseconds, she was able to analyze his rebuttal to either be built upon or quickly fire off the next emotion players... quite impressive on both ends I feel.

That interview was like watching 2 pros at work... neither one of them were breaking from script and work until he caught her at a stall somewhere in the middle. They each even took a second to admire each others work for a second there before getting right back into it.

Honestly, that is not the last time I watch that interview, because both sides of that debate deserve credit for being very good at their jobs.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

No kidding... and she is a master of an emotion miner. Within milliseconds, she was able to analyze his rebuttal to either be built upon or quickly fire off the next emotion players... quite impressive on both ends I feel.

That interview was like watching 2 pros at work... neither one of them were breaking from script and work until he caught her at a stall somewhere in the middle. They each even took a second to admire each others work for a second there before getting right back into it.

Honestly, that is not the last time I watch that interview, because both sides of that debate deserve credit for being very good at their jobs.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   
That interview got me upset. Why?

There are really people in life like the interviewer. They go through life projecting a reality on everyone they meet. Go ahead and try to talk with them. You are just a prop.

In this case, JP wasn't having any of it. How many times did she say "So what you're saying is..."? And WHY did she say it? His answers were specific and clear. As an interviewer, a smart thing would have been to follow up, dig deeper, etc. If you're not going to listen to an answer, don't ask the question.

Instead, it was her trying to play gotcha' with the un-get-able.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join