It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LIVE: President Donald Trump PRESENTS the FAKE NEWS Dishonest Media Awards from the White House

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: pheonix358
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

It would be interesting if the 'Awards' were actually arrest warrants ...

Perhaps arrested for colluding with a foreign entity?

Just thinking out loud.

P

Hmm....it wouldn't be out of character I suppose.

Just thinking out loud here myself, but what is the word for a leader who arrests/imprisons free press that is critical of him...hmm...

While I get that concern generally and historically, that's a problematic framing of the issue.

Many of these outlets are veritable propaganda outlets. I have worked in international development and know a lot about foreign policy. Just from that alone I know that this "free press" not only manufactures the consent of the public for our foreign imperial excursions, they often do so on behalf of the Pentagon and White house. I.e. Fake News. That includes everything from Guatemala in the 50's to the recent Iraq War and now Syria. Syria is completely warped in "press" coverage.

Not only that, the Russia hysteria has been just that, and I suspect heavily it's a deep political move on the part of the DNC but also perhaps a greater superstructure.

So, this isn't just Trump attacking "free, honest, independent, and critical journalists." Many of them lost their credibility long ago.

I don't even like Trump, and didn't vote for him, so don't misconstrue this as support for him generally.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

As I said on another thread.

The list is reasonable, but the pomp and circumstance were over the top.

I guess he felt that would draw attention to the list.

But still although not a big deal, the award angle was a bit much for me.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Congrats to all the winners,i mean losers, in the fake news. Try telling the truth for a change.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I'm so sorry......

This must be like finding out that your daddy is not only not the toughest on the block, but the laughing stock.....

What exactly were the ratings for this...😁😁😁

MTUBY

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

That was all it was, and frankly I think his sensationalization of this lead to the media and his political detractors doing the heavy lifting for him. Look at it this way, this didn't turn anyone who supports him away from him... he held the insults and ridicule to a bare minimum and simply rebutted 11 major articles. All the lead up did was significantly raise attention to this, widening his audience to view said rebuttal, and, ultimately, the lack of a major spectacle as fear mongered about earlier just makes the media and people like Jeff Flake look even more ridiculous. Once again, Trump trolled his enemies. I'd be a liar if I didn't say that almost always makes me grin.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Just checking, is this where Trump was supposed to announce the 10,000 secret indictments and how he's shipping all the democrats in the swamp to Guantanamo?

Or was that another fake news awards?

Tick tock, people...

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ParkerCramer

Not really.

Contrary to what many believe, myself and other trump supporters will call him out when he does things we dont like.

I do all the time.

Yet I am told over and over that I never think he does anything bad, etc.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

You gotta admit its an innovative strategy though. Lower the expectations for yourself far enough that its a victory when you dont appear to have Tourettes when interacting with the public.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

You gotta admit its an innovative strategy though. Lower the expectations for yourself far enough that its a victory when you dont appear to have Tourettes when interacting with the public.

I honestly don't think half the country can separate the real Trump from the media/hollywood/pundit/protester/idiot with a keyboard's hyperbole anymore. This fake news award thing was mentioned by Trump twice in tweets this year... others blew it up into some manner of massive thing. Like I said, he somehow manages to get his enemies to do the heavy lifting for him time, after time, after time, after time. It's some master level trolling.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   

I gotta admit im entertained though

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Checked CNN to see if they mentioned the loser awards and they are busy pushing NEW Fake news about Trump having heart disease.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime
Just wanted to clear this up. No CNN is not pushing that as a main story atm. You picking stories from a site and making it seem that the story is a main topic is amusing to say the least. Anyways my bad for taking you away from FOX,,,,,carry on

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   
F### plump trump!

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: EchoesInTime
Just wanted to clear this up. No CNN is not pushing that as a main story atm. You picking stories from a site and making it seem that the story is a main topic is amusing to say the least. Anyways my bad for taking you away from FOX,,,,,carry on

It was a main story on the network at the 8 pm hour. This heart disease story has been one of their top talking points all day. Just clearing that up...and i already went back to fox.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeirdoFrog
F### plump trump!

Please, keep you fantasies to yourself.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeirdoFrog
F### plump trump!

FYI The "Girther Movement" is based on fake news.

Second

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I cant say I am shocked by the amount of people latching on to the GOP propaganda. It seems to have won over quite a few in the conspiracy communities and I have no clue why that is.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle
I cant say I am shocked by the amount of people latching on to the GOP propaganda. It seems to have won over quite a few in the conspiracy communities and I have no clue why that is.

Ok, would you like to show which entry on his list for fake news he is wrong about?

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   

My response here is not really directed at you, but your thought on the pomp and circumstance idea.

I've been on this planet a long time. There have been lying press since forever, Judith Miller is a great example of one who contributed to deaths: she did well after being outed. Never has one powerful well known person pointed out this kind of thing in one place at one time to garner this much attention at one moment on lying press etc. Is this "deep throat" kind of stuff? No. But, for Joe and Mary Iowa this is a digestible consolidated collection that shows a clear pattern. Press folks lie, and about very strange things. If you think the press lies, this is not for you, but if you believe the press are the 4th estate you have to ask yourself an internal question: Why say the bust of MLK is gone when it isn't? Why say he didn't shake hands when he did? Why lie?

For those in the conspiracy side, it is the buried lede that intrigues: The last award which is not fake news at all, but him saying outright: HRC/FBI/Russia is the issue. I believe this was the entire point of his effort and I believe the delay was to get this in place where he could prep folks for this reveal at some point. He's out on a limb with that.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

Ok, would you like to show which entry on his list for fake news he is wrong about?

Cherry pick a few stories that turn out not as reported and bam you have propaganda with truth. How many hundreds of stories have these groups put out yet these are the piss poor stories they can cite as fake?

Using "truth" to push their version of the "real news".

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join