It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon Reportedly Weighing Using Nukes In Response To ‘Large Cyberattacks’

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   
This has got to be one of the most terrifying things that our government has toyed with. Obama and Bush really got things moving quickly in a direction that ended after just a decade in a change in the very fundamental kind of government existed. During this time, IMHO, the United States ceased existence as a republic where its citizens are protected from being controlled by a typical component of a republic, a constitution with a bill of rights. Specifically in the case of the US, the protections of the constitution are further protected by the preamble or introduction to the constitution which stresses that what is ensured below is INALIENABLE. Kind of like when your buddies turn their noses up at a girl who is known to get around and recommend "double bagging" it, well the authors of this document double bagged it for us so even if we get screwed by the government, you will be spared getting burned. That's why it made no sense when laws were passed and presidential policies put in place that allow total surveillance of all mediums of communication, acquiring and databasing data on citizens for use by law enforcement, arresting a citizen without admitting it and putting him or her anonymously in a prison without trial, the allowing of law enforcement and other agencies to lie to the public, the legal tweaking of social media for experimentation and persuasion, the airing of false news reports, the execution of private citizens by drone, the animal activist act wish is written so vaguely language wise that it obviously is meant as a way to label ANY activist of something the government does not like a terrorist immediately stripping him or her of any rights. I could go on and on. It makes even less sense that the people have not dragged those responsible into the streets to be hanged when every last one of them would face the possibility of the death penalty if they were found guilty of conspiracy and it doesn't get any more conspiratorial than turning a country into a stratarchy where the avenues are cut entirely for the common non elite Joe Schmoe to be able to enter into a government position and all by writing legislation which nullifies each of the amendments that threaten their system.

This news takes it to another level however. Our 90% paper and ink/hole punch election last year gave us a very telling look at the makeup of the US population as far as intellect, gullibility, blind trust, etc. And stupidity. This was done by suggesting several times a day every single day for months that Russia had remotely hacked the votes, again a damn feat if I ever heard one given most of the country still votes on paper. Also, it was such a major hack that implicates the president and his administration itself but surprise surprise, it wasn't until Hillary was declared the loser catching so,many off guard that in just minutes news starts pouring in about how they had been monitoring all kinds of collusion with Russia for some time. It was probably the first time since.....erased the event since it is another testament to the stupidity of your average simpleton but nevertheless simpletons who get all emotional angry and dangerous when you say something contradicting the TV...The first time in a while so many people latched on to something that was so incredibly obviously fabricated yet had Hillaries supporters calling for war, beating trump supporters calling them Russian spies and communists (after which they turn around and demand communism) and falling for such an outdated idea it is pathetic, that the big bad wolf is Russian people...I for one if given a gun and put in infantry and stood in front of a Russian young man I was told is my enemy, I would laugh, set my gun down, take him by the hand and declare a coup against both our and governments. The Chinese too. Governments evil but let them fight it out with all their super tech. I have a feeling Russia china and the US at least their PEOPLE have reached a point where we would finally be pushed over the edge this time and say enough is enough, nobody is going to give them the hundred million dead world war after we all know very well the atrocities of the last two.

So imagine if the government had a nation that stepped out of line. All it would take is announcing that the had TERABYTES of proof that is of course a national security issue, but half the people if not more would fall right in line and support the pentagon and just like, "we don't see he WMDs but we promise they are there," which had the country calling for Hussein's head, "they hacked us," would be as magically empowered as ABRACADABRA or abracadavre if you are a fan of that pig Crowley, and after a thirty second news story airing, a nuclear payload could rain down on any nation subtracting tens of millions from the world.

Also scary is the insensitivity when considering the nuclear option. Anyone with Netflix and an hour needs to watch TWICE. It is heartbreaking and I watched it yesterday and it changed every single opinion I had regarding nukes.

Heroes the article

m.huffpost.com...
edit on 1/17/2018 by AlexandrosTheGreat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Cyber war, is still a declaration of war. Could be why the Pentagon is seeking to develop small scale tactical nukes. Perfect for destroying a carrier from a rising rival known to attack us cyberly .. you know. Or some artificial islands with a militarized presence

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   
War pigs hurt my soul.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Seems like A calm and reasonable response
, someone breaks your internet, USA wipes them of the planet. Before any "but Clinton but Bush etc".... I think because of the MIC control over Washington, America will always look to use her arsenal, lets see how these new shiny bombs work

Peace, MIC drop (thats Military Industrial Complex)

link   
a reply to: AlexandrosTheGreat

Well, a serious cyber attack would be detrimental. I would probably recommend countering with our own cyber attack, though, in order to avoid the other country countering our nuke with its nukes...

link   
Nice. We can just cyber attack ourselves until we've bombed the rest of the world back to the stone age.

Good times.

#FalseOnlineFlag

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Nuke them with a EMP attack.
No one hurt by the nuke on the ground but all the computers in there county FRIED BIG TIME.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Nuking via cya eroding?
Brilliant!
Don't d. Need drills .or crisis actors. 8f all blamed on net

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   
and limited time post expired!
edit on 17-1-2018 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Someone on ATS once told me to be wary of fog banks.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

yes getting foggy soon.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
If you have a critical system like utilities or nukes hooked to your dial-up, in a way system changes can be remotely to it, then you have issues.

...More issues, than I have tissues.

Sounds like fake news.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Folks , get real
It's just one of millions of scenarios that the government think-tanks go through every year.
Hilarious....

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   
How do you prove a cyber attack? I mean how do you prove who did it? A missile launch could be easily verified by other nations, but cyber attacks who knows who's launching them.

I doubt nukes will even be used, cyber attacks from hacker groups could look like foreign nations, but worst is probably biological attacks. No way to prove who loosed a rogue strain of marburgs on the population, could have just escaped from a lab.

new topics

top topics

join