It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man's bomb hoax to stop wife’s night out

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   
www.bbc.com...
"A jealous husband phoned false bomb alerts into a Wetherspoon pub to try and stop his wife having a night out, a court has heard."
"He felt annoyed she was spending money while he was having to work away to pay the bills. When he learned she was going to Wetherspoons, he was angry and frustrated and wanted to ruin her night.

Wow, don't people just talk to each other anymore. If I were this guys wife this would be a big wake up call. Not saying he didn't have a right to be angry, but the measures he took to get back at her should send up big red flags!

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Bizarre for sure.
I wonder what kind of relationships in this year still expect only one partner to help out financially?
Anyway, it doesn't mention in the article (that I could see) about any extra costs.

Ahmed was sentenced to six months imprisonment, suspended for a year; ordered to pay £840 compensation and to do 120 hours unpaid community work.

I would think in the US there would be probation fees, court costs and fines as well as community service associated with the offense.
In other words, I think he kind of got off easy.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   
DH idea of..
Domestic terrorism.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

I felt he got off very easy too, maybe they felt sorry that he was really working so hard while she was off having a good ol' time?

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   
When I was a lot younger I used to listen to a police scanner , bomb threats were called in all the time for just such stupid reasons. To get out of work, to get back at businesses, spouses, you name it.

They had to respond so you heard dispatch call them out, sometimes several times a day.

They had to respond because if one was real and they didn't respond, the PD would look pretty bad ignoring it / them / all.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   

"Mo Ahmed"

The man's name makes me wonder if the whole story is a hoax, frankly.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   

w/a name like "Mo Ahmed" I'd remove the 'B word' from My database... I bet I could go through their place and cut out a bunch of un-needed crap that they just HAD TO HAVE. I deduce this from the fact 'Mo 'not his real name' Ahmed' not only ruined the wife's night but 25 other folks' night.

It takes "2 to tango" which is twice as hard for 2 ME ME ME personalities... it'll never work...

new topics

top topics

join